Loeral Mimics Hypoxia-> PGE2->stemcelProtection

Relax Im hilarious

Established Member
Reaction score
You know what, if this Loreal thing is a once-a-day application that will stop my thinning, then I'm down with that....I know there's lots of guys who need regrowth pretty substantially, and my temples and frontal area is receding pretty noticeably now...but I could handle a transplant for that area if I can stop my crown from thinning further...

...they must feel confident to price this thing that high and make these really boastful claims because if this tanks, then that will stick -- especially with the surge in new information and potential new products that are around the corner...

I hope so sparx, i've got my fingers crossed this will at least do something and hey, even if it doesn't work then just got to chalk it up to experience and wait for the next thing to come around the corner!

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
The clinical study shows the results of 3 months. Do you think this product requires continued use, beyond 3 months to keep the hair you gain?

Lead Farmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Have they stated whether results will require continued application to maintain like minoxidil? I'm hoping someone will bring a growth stimulant to the market where results can be maintained with finasteride/dutasteride.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Some things like this that go cosmetic make me very suspicious because it just seems most of the time its junk science or just does not work how they say it will. I cant comprehend how anyone could ever bad mouth the FDA considering how much easier they make it to find things that actually work.

ragsta

Reaction score
In September 2012, cosmetics company L’Oreal will introduce a new development in bio-technology that’s designed to not only stop hair loss, but also stimulate greater density and new growth. The product is calledNeogenic, and the implications are very promising for the millions who suffer from hair loss and pattern baldness.A step up from AminexilPreviously in the battle for hair restoration, L’Oreal introduced a line of hair loss prevention products based on a synthetic molecule called Aminexil. The product improves the anchored strength of hair by acting on the collagen structure that surrounds the follicles—thereby keeping more of it on your head, and less on your comb or brush and down the drain.However, the second-generation molecule created for Neogenic aims to actually produce thicker hair, and may even stimulate hair growth in areas where the follicles have shut down.How Neogenic worksThe latest development from L’Oreal is another synthetic molecule, with a stunning new approach. Called stemoxydine, this active ingredient works to counteract hypoxia—a condition that’s known to contribute to hair loss and balding. Hypoxia is a decrease or deprivation in oxygen supply. The condition can be serious, such as with generalized hypoxia, which limits oxygen intake throughout the body. But hair loss is a symptom of tissue hypoxia that affects the scalp—it’s been proven that hair follicles without growth are surrounded by oxygen-deficient microvasculature.Stemoxydine targets this condition, attempting to increase oxygen levels in the tiny vascular structures of the scalp. The molecule acts upon hair-derived stem cells, improving their regenerative potential and maintaining function so new growth can occur.

Miracle or snake oil? Clinical trial results
Neogenic is the first hair growth product in quite some time to come with clinically proven effectiveness. The product has undergone patenting and testing through both in vitro models and live clinical studies, and results have been highly encouraging.In a double-blind study of 100 men between the ages of 18 and 55, a once-a-day application of Neogenic was found to increase hair density by 4 percent. This may not sound like a lot, percentage-wise, but when you consider the actual numbers, 4 percent represents an average of 1700 new hairs.Neogenic not only thickened hair, it also “woke up” follicles that had been dormant and stimulated new growth.How to use it, and what it will costL’Oreal will debut the new product in September, at first available in France, where the company is headquartered. At its release, Neogenic will only be available in lotion form. The product should be rubbed into the scalp once a day, and results may be seen in as little as one month.The debut price for a 24-pack supply, or one month of treatments, will be 90 euros—which equates to around US$110. Though the price tag is a bit steep, it’s likely to come down in time.L’Oreal also plans to introduce other products featuring stemoxidyne as an active ingredient, including mousses and shampoos, in the near future.

http://www.baumanblog.com/follicleblog/2012/08/loreal-introduces-neogenic-with-stemoxydine-to-target-hypoxic-scalp-follicles.html

- - - Updated - - -

A post from another user somewhere else

VICHY DERCOS NEOGENIC ampoules against hair loss treatment - new hair growth after 6ml 14ampułek

VICHY DERCOS NEOGENIC
World innovation - the growth of new hair
With its patented new molecule STEMOXYDINE 5%
Stimulates the optimum environment for stem cells to stimulate their proper functioning.

Dercos Neogenic indications:
thinning hair
the problem with the lack of a sufficient number of hair
(As opposed to the Vichy DERCOS AMINEXIL where the problem is hair loss)

Dercos Neogenic action:
Awakening dormant hair roots and the growth of hair fibers, hair is visibly thicker.

For the first time active molecule plays a beneficial effect of hypoxia to embryonic stem cells.

RESULT: Wake up dormant hair roots
Sleep phase is shorter
Number of empty bulbs decreases
Hair count increases
Covering the head is fuller

The life cycle of hair consists of three phases, during which the hair grows, stabilizes, and finally falls.
Between two cycles of hair follicles can fall into the sleep phase, consisting of hibernation hair follicles.
The longer this phase lasts, the greater the number of empty bulb, and consequently reduces the number of hairs.

The key role in re-growth of hair
Healthy hair is characterized by a constant renewal of hair, thus ensuring a constant density of hair.
Hair follicles are renewed by stem cells. But stem cells are regenerating power only kept in a suitable environment

DERCOS NEOGENIC - Global Innovation
(5% diester STEMOXYDINE pirydynodikarboksylanu) - solution of water - alcohol
The first molecule of biomimetycznym action:
- Selected from among 100 other molecules
- Simulates the environmental impact of hypoxia
-Inhibitor of the enzyme prolyl hydroxylase
involved in the division a key factor in the reaction of cells to hypoxia

VICHY DERCOS NEOGENIC Effectiveness
The effectiveness of clinical studies DERCOS NEOGENIC vs placebo
During 90dni:
- Increase in hair density vs. placebo = 1700 new hair The subjects also stated *:
18% more hair abundance
16% more volume of hair
Efficacy proven in hospitals *
* Study group 101 people, daily use for 3 months.

VICHY DERCOS NEOGENIC
Universal version for men and women
6ml vial with applicator
Performance: 14ampułek = 2 weeks of treatment

Sparky4444

Reaction score
It's a cosmetic....

What makes you say that?? Just because it's coming from a cosmetic company?? Hairloss is a cosmetic condition, and not a medical condition anyways...Hell, if it gives me 4%, then that is 4% more than what I had before...which means I gaining not losing...and right now it is all about stopping the loss....

- - - Updated - - -

...and RepliCel isn't boasting much more than 4% anyways....and Minoxidil is a joke...I've never had 4% increase with Rogaine and you need to apply that crap twice a day...

once a day with this, I like that a lot!

AleMB81

Reaction score
What makes you say that?? Just because it's coming from a cosmetic company?? Hairloss is a cosmetic condition, and not a medical condition anyways...Hell, if it gives me 4%, then that is 4% more than what I had before...which means I gaining not losing...and right now it is all about stopping the loss....

- - - Updated - - -

...and RepliCel isn't boasting much more than 4% anyways....and Minoxidil is a joke...I've never had 4% increase with Rogaine and you need to apply that crap twice a day...

once a day with this, I like that a lot!

Because as far as i know neogenic has not followed the trials which every medicine should pass before being launched on the market and, Sparx, if you want to hope in something hope in Histogen..

Spark, Androgenetic Alopecia is a disease and even if it does not kill you it should be cured with medicines (indeed as of Today the only remedies are minoxidil and finasteride which are both medicines)

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Because as far as i know neogenic has not followed the trials which every medicine should pass before being launched on the market and, Sparx, if you want to hope in something hope in Histogen..

Spark, Androgenetic Alopecia is a disease and even if it does not kill you it should be cured with medicines (indeed as of Today the only remedies are minoxidil and finasteride which are both medicines)

Sorry, I disagree that it is a disease....you have a British female Olympian cyclist who has lost her hair at the age of 12 or something and she in the Olympics near the top of her field...My doctor once told me about his hairloss - "I lost my hair when I was in my 20's and it didn't slow me down at all"...

..anyways, I don't want to get into all that -- for me, it's about maintaining until Histogen or something more potent comes on the market that makes a REAL difference, and not just some wisps of vellus hair that minoxidil gives....To be honest, if I can maintain right now, I'd hair transplant my frontal area without a doubt....but I ain't hair transplant'ing until I know where my loss equalizes out

AleMB81

Reaction score
Sorry, I disagree that it is a disease....you have a British female Olympian cyclist who has lost her hair at the age of 12 or something and she in the Olympics near the top of her field...My doctor once told me about his hairloss - "I lost my hair when I was in my 20's and it didn't slow me down at all"...

..anyways, I don't want to get into all that -- for me, it's about maintaining until Histogen or something more potent comes on the market that makes a REAL difference, and not just some wisps of vellus hair that minoxidil gives....To be honest, if I can maintain right now, I'd hair transplant my frontal area without a doubt....but I ain't hair transplant'ing until I know where my loss equalizes out

You don't believe that it's a disease but you think the cure will be something like Histogen (which is a medicine)...nice to know ;)

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Losing hair is just like toe nail fungus, it won't slow you down, however there must be something that causes that to happen.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
You don't believe that it's a disease but you think the cure will be something like Histogen (which is a medicine)...nice to know ;)

I don't believe anything -- whether it's Histogen or Replicel, or whatever, I just want something that will give me my old hair back...It's amazing the scope of intellectual prowess one encounters on the internet...Hairloss ISN'T a disease -- You can have a mole that is benign and does nothing to affect your health but it might be removed by a doctor...It sucks to lose your hair, but it doesn't make you sick or does it affect your health in any way...

like I said, I didn't want to get in to that argument so bugger off

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
hair loss in away is disease it causes depression which is a psychological problem...

Absolutely true. It added a lot of stress to my own and the attitude of many others with the hair problem.

I am really hoping Neogenic works. I am all out of ideas at this point. Putting untested Chinese stuff on my scalp is the other option, which is ...a bit dodgy.

$100+$20 shipping for Neogenic would be too expensive though. :thumbsdown::protest::sad:

- - - Updated - - -

90 Euros for 20 applications to last a month. L'Oreal clearly think that they can get away with it. :(

ragsta

Reaction score
http://translate.googleusercontent...._.html&usg=ALkJrhhJvUJG_bmmmTeA-pCAx0vWIWDhYg

don't think there much new in there, apart from it was tested on a small area. Wonder if they extrapolated the 1700 hair count figure :S

Sparky4444

Reaction score
90 Euros for 20 applications to last a month. L'Oreal clearly think that they can get away with it. :(

yep...a lot of rich men who are balding will fork it over like nothing...If it absolutely works, then you gotta go for it...$1100 euros/year to keep your hair and have 4% more...if it works on everybody with male pattern baldness

- - - Updated - - -

minoxidil sux a$$...I hate that crap...twice a day and it grows squat....at least this is once at night ...

ragsta

Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php
what is that :O