Living with Finasteride

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossFighter said:
shineman921 said:
..just completed the first week of Dr Reddy's Finast (1/4 per day). So far no sides what-so-ever. They could be Smarties of course but I think they are legit. I just hope they work. Funny thing is, if anything, my semen is less watery and appears whiter which is contradictory to what others have experienced. Also, the really bad regaine foam itch I was experiencing has gone completely although this may be to do with the miconazole that I am applying.
Shineman, I've heard that starting finasteride makes the itch go away, so maybe it's your Finast working after all...

Funny thing, my pills from United Pharmacies giving me no sides too, after 3 weeks of taking them.. I also didn't experience any rogaine foam or liquid itch...

Well I never experienced any itch that a lot of people with male pattern baldness seem to get. Mine only started when I introduced the foam which is why I'm surprised it's gone. Maybe just a coincidence but it's nice not having the urge to scratch!! I guess not getting sides is anything to worry about as statistically the vast majority of users don't experience it.

You are not using Finast are you? I have noticed a tingle on my tongue when I leave the 1/4 on it before drinking the water. The tingle stays for a little while afterwards too.

Johnx

Established Member
Reaction score
Me too, I've never experienced an "mbp itch"... Rogaine foam or liquid itch as well...

I'm not using Finast (but I'll try it with my next order), I'm using Fistide. I didn't notice any tingling on the tongue, but I always swallow the pill immediately and then drink the water, I'll try to keep the quarter on the tongue longer to see if I get the same :)

I also hope I'm one of the majority experiencing no sides, and not just taking Smarties every day :D

Ende

Reaction score
moseymoose said:
abcdefg said:
Yeah actually I had a dermatologist tell me you have plenty of hair why worry? Slowly over the years it keeps thinning out but you can never go back to him and go I told you so. You can not look at someone and tell they are losing hair until 50 percent of the density is gone. So when its obvious your balding its basically too late to ever get back to where you were originally. So getting an actual prescription can be hard to do unless your obviously bald.

I know, but they should be more logical in their aproach, I think it's very unprofessional. I mean, I can see people who have a full head of hair, but if it's not THICK then it's clearly thinning. I mean as far as coverage I'm the same as what I was 2 years ago, but the destiny is 4 times less at least. I used to have fat surfer dude hair that I could never control, now I can't stop it blowing in the wind it's so thin.
Your hair still looks great, man.

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
moseymoose said:
abcdefg said:
Yeah actually I had a dermatologist tell me you have plenty of hair why worry? Slowly over the years it keeps thinning out but you can never go back to him and go I told you so. You can not look at someone and tell they are losing hair until 50 percent of the density is gone. So when its obvious your balding its basically too late to ever get back to where you were originally. So getting an actual prescription can be hard to do unless your obviously bald.

I know, but they should be more logical in their aproach, I think it's very unprofessional. I mean, I can see people who have a full head of hair, but if it's not THICK then it's clearly thinning. I mean as far as coverage I'm the same as what I was 2 years ago, but the destiny is 4 times less at least. I used to have fat surfer dude hair that I could never control, now I can't stop it blowing in the wind it's so thin.
Your hair still looks great, man.

On the scale of thinning it does, but to me it doesn't, but thanks for the compliment. I'm hoping since I've caught it at this stage, I will respond well to RU when I can get some.

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
On the scale of thinning it does, but to me it doesn't, but thanks for the compliment. I'm hoping since I've caught it at this stage, I will respond well to RU when I can get some.[/quote]

Let me know when you get some RU as I haven't a clue where to get it!!

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
shineman921 said:
On the scale of thinning it does, but to me it doesn't, but thanks for the compliment. I'm hoping since I've caught it at this stage, I will respond well to RU when I can get some.

Let me know when you get some RU as I haven't a clue where to get it!![/quote]

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=63049

Tells you there where to get it, you have to order it from the lab, by emailing them asking for a price, there are a couple of choices of labs on there you can get it from :)

Or PM me and I'll send you the direct links