Living with Finasteride

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Worst case scenario like I said.

Fue Transplant Surgery - Much better, healable scarring.
Hair Cloning - Truly the future as nobody should continue to use these products once hair cloning is out unless it's due to cost reasons.

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
Worst case scenario like I said.

Fue Transplant Surgery - Much better, healable scarring.
Hair Cloning - Truly the future as nobody should continue to use these products once hair cloning is out unless it's due to cost reasons.

I suspect my hair around the back and sides is too thin/fine to take hair from. You can see right through my hair at back and sides. It's always been like that!

abcdefg

Reaction score
You know when someone says some new thing like cloning could happen in 2015 that assumes you have the 20 grand sitting in your bank to be one of the first people to get it and there will always be risks with it then only time will show. So its not always as simple as just some guesstimate like 2015. Finasteride is kind of worrying, but its easy to use. Any future treatment like a topical dht inhibitory that a couple companies are working on are going to be a real pain the butt to use everyday and probably a lot more expensive then propecia. I guess if your a millionaire or rich maybe money does not matter to you only getting your hair, but it definitely matters a lot to me since I have to work everyday for my money.

Zukias

Reaction score
In my opinion, losing my hair would be worse than having problems with sex. I've never really had a very high sex drive anyway. I guess it matters how you rank the 2 things. But I for sure am starting finasteride in a few weeks.

There are many drugs out there that may cause permanent sexual dysfunction, including most anti depressants, but like finasteride - it's rare.

And remember, the people who have suffered really badly from side effects are much more inclined to go to forums like this and turn people away from trying these drugs in effort to 'campaign' against it.

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
Zukias said:
In my opinion, losing my hair would be worse than having problems with sex. I've never really had a very high sex drive anyway. I guess it matters how you rank the 2 things. But I for sure am starting finasteride in a few weeks.

There are many drugs out there that may cause permanent sexual dysfunction, including most anti depressants, but like finasteride - it's rare.

And remember, the people who have suffered really badly from side effects are much more inclined to go to forums like this and turn people away from trying these drugs in effort to 'campaign' against it.

I agree with some of your points here but have you read what the op has even talked about?

- it sounds like he is suffering from sort of anxiety/depression at the moment due to his hair loss (i am not sure but from what you said about leving your house it sounds bad).
- i really dont think it would be a good idea for him to start finasteride which has the potential side effects of libido/e.d/depression/brain fog.
- i am not saying that he should NOT take finasteride, however given his state of mind about the whole issue i would strongly recommend seeing a doctor before you start taking finasteride and tell them your entire story i.e what you have said in this thread

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
i would just like to add one more thing, we are not here to prescribe finasteride nor are we here to tell people not to take the drug! we are here to help each other with our experiences and take into consideration everyone's story and give our opinions on the matter.

good luck with whatever you choose to do mate

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Hey dude you need to read through the link in my signature, Finasteride is not the only option that works, RU58841 might be a good alternative, also check out CB-03-01!

...but where do you get them?

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
shineman921 said:
finfighter said:
Hey dude you need to read through the link in my signature, Finasteride is not the only option that works, RU58841 might be a good alternative, also check out CB-03-01!

...but where do you get them?

That is a good point, where do you get this RU and CB from? I've looked up RU on google and I only get further forum posts. Is it a tropical treatment?

I do need to start something soon, I now have a permanently visible thin spot at my vertex. And my vertex Isn't like at the top of my head it's sort of further down on the right. There's nothing I cant really do to it style wise no more cause the last few months it's got a bit too thin to do anything with but let it lie flat. As you can see from my photo I wear my hair at a reasonable length with a fringe, but if I thin more it will just look untidy like this.

Could I also pose a quick question. Has anyone (prior to treatment) experienced itchiness in the areas where you are particularly thinning? I find that my temples itch quite often.

I had an email off Rawtashk, who gave me a link to his success with finasteride: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65594 which I am rather grateful for, at the time I was on a real low. As most, if not all of you can relate to when you first notice your hair loss beginning to become visual.

It's give me a little more confidence in the drug, although I am still a little uneasy about taking a drug that plays with the balance of hormones in the body. Though, people who suffer male pattern baldness. Do they just have hair more sensitive to DHT, or do they product more DHT? I'm sure DHT is needed in the body of some quantity otherwise it wouldn't be there. But then, you have an appendix, and you don't need that lol.

finasteride or so I've read reduces bodily DHT levels by up to 90%, which stays up to 90% for 48 hours after administration. Does this mean, that if I only take a 0.5mg finasteride tablet say... every 36 - 72 hours I would still receive benefit from reduced DHT of enough percentage to be beneficial to my hairloss. Surely even if it is only reducing it by 40% on the third day it is better than 0% reduction. Or would this cause an uneven imbalance of hormonal activity? I'm only thinking about this because it might give the body chance to provide other areas of the body with an increaced percentage of DHT on the third day? Perhaps giving less potential of side effects, and since finasteride isn't dosage dependant for effectiveness might this be a way of weaning my body onto finasteride, rather than just.... bang no DHT :hump:

Has anybody ever thought about this, in study, or in theory? Should I start a new thread about the possible effects of this. It seems an interesting point to me.

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, I came across this. If it's of any interest. The source is unknown though however.

Attachments

• 212czgi.jpg.gif
    212czgi.jpg.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 227

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
How do I get finasteride prescribed, I want to get on a treatment quickly, since my thinning at the moment it noticeably progressive on a weekly basis. I don't want a doctor wasting my time like I've found in the past telling me he doesn't want to prescribe it or thinks its inappropriate because I still have coverage.

I've never seen that doctor again, but he basically told me "come back when you're bald" can I literally go in and politely of course, insist that I have finasteride prescribed?

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been off finasteride for 48 hours now and my energy levels are back. I'm going to try to cut finasteride in half and see if that stops things for a bit but it's been brutal.

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
moseymoose said:
How do I get finasteride prescribed, I want to get on a treatment quickly, since my thinning at the moment it noticeably progressive on a weekly basis. I don't want a doctor wasting my time like I've found in the past telling me he doesn't want to prescribe it or thinks its inappropriate because I still have coverage.

I've never seen that doctor again, but he basically told me "come back when you're bald" can I literally go in and politely of course, insist that I have finasteride prescribed?

Best buy it online.

I'm on day 5 of finasteride with nothing to report re sides. So far, so good.

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
shineman921 said:
moseymoose said:

Best buy it online.

I have found nowhere to buy finasteride online that doesn't require a perception. So I'm going to try and get one first. If not, I'm going to have to try this RU anyway if the local GP won't administer a prescription, until I can find another GP that will.
If it requires a prescription then surely it is illegal for me to acquire it without prescription?

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
moseymoose said:
shineman921 said:
moseymoose said:

Best buy it online.

I have found nowhere to buy finasteride online that doesn't require a perception. So I'm going to try and get one first. If not, I'm going to have to try this RU anyway if the local GP won't administer a prescription, until I can find another GP that will.
If it requires a prescription then surely it is illegal for me to acquire it without prescription?

You must be talking about getting your finasteride from a UK pharmacy then? You can join a Boots scheme. I believe they can prescribe the finasteride after confirming you have hairloss and I believe they notify your doctor. It means paying their prices though. Belgravia Centre in london do an online consultation and may prescribe finasteride but again it will mean over paying for the finasteride.

Alternatively you can buy from an overseas based pharmacy that sell generic finasteride which I did. I bought Dr Reddy'd Finast from United Pharmacies and they took only a week to get to me. Dr Reddy's is very reputable.

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
You must be talking about getting your finasteride from a UK pharmacy then? You can join a Boots scheme. I believe they can prescribe the finasteride after confirming you have hairloss and I believe they notify your doctor. It means paying their prices though. ******* Centre in london do an online consultation and may prescribe finasteride but again it will mean over paying for the finasteride.

Alternatively you can buy from an overseas based pharmacy that sell generic finasteride which I did. I bought Dr Reddy'd Finast from United Pharmacies and they took only a week to get to me. Dr Reddy's is very reputable.

Cool, well in any case, I wasn't prescribed, even though I asked specifically for it. I went to a walk-in centre. The doctor informed me he will not prescribe it because he thinks I should go to my own local GP who will first refer me to a dermatologist who will then inform the GP that it is definitely male pattern baldness... but this is all silly. Bloods prove its not thyroid, or diabetes, I have male family who are bald, and I've already receded and thinned a lot in a year. It's just a waste of time, the NHS play things TOO safe.

However, I'm now looking seriously on CB-03-01 now that I have to WAIT for finasteride either way. If only I can find how to obtain it I would start on it straight away.

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
moseymoose said:
You must be talking about getting your finasteride from a UK pharmacy then? You can join a Boots scheme. I believe they can prescribe the finasteride after confirming you have hairloss and I believe they notify your doctor. It means paying their prices though. ******* Centre in london do an online consultation and may prescribe finasteride but again it will mean over paying for the finasteride.

Cool, well in any case, I wasn't prescribed, even though I asked specifically for it. I went to a walk-in centre. The doctor informed me he will not prescribe it because he thinks I should go to my own local GP who will first refer me to a dermatologist who will then inform the GP that it is definitely male pattern baldness... but this is all silly. Bloods prove its not thyroid, or diabetes, I have male family who are bald, and I've already receded and thinned a lot in a year. It's just a waste of time, the NHS play things TOO safe.

However, I'm now looking seriously on CB-03-01 now that I have to WAIT for finasteride either way. If only I can find how to obtain it I would start on it straight away.

Get it on line. You will only wait a week and save shed loads of money!

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of this hair loss you're talking about?

btw the title seems a little bit melodramatic, it's a 5ar inhibitor not cancer.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
moseymoose said:
shineman921 said:
moseymoose said:

Best buy it online.

InHousePharmacy.biz does not require a prescription. Most of us that are non-prescription users buy it from there.

Shift

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
I've been off finasteride for 48 hours now and my energy levels are back. I'm going to try to cut finasteride in half and see if that stops things for a bit but it's been brutal.

What about taking it every other day or lets say every 36 hours /morning-next evening etc/

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
moseymoose said:
I would like to hear from experiences of anyone who has been taking Finasteride for the long term, and what effects they have experienced, what advice they might give, and any problems they have encountered.

The responses I get will decide wether I decide to try and get on this drug, or wether I find the negatives too great and would rather take the inconvenient routine of minoxidil solutions daily for the majority of my life. I know which I would prefer, the convenience of a single tablet daily of course. But I want stories, the good and the bad. :)

I know that some people have had success, others not, and that reducing dht levels in the body is not something that the body is intended to be naturally put though, and the long term effects of this bother me.

my experience wasn't good man.
i got persistent sides only after 6 years of treatment

so i can say that iwhen i was on fina, i was fully satisfied
(not a big hair regrowth result but my baldness was fully stopped)s

i know how baldness can be bad for a teenager, and probably at ur age i would choose fina, even if i was aware of danger

but believe me, if someone got permanent sides, hair will be the last problem

u know the risks and if u want to risk, it's ur choice