life is over :[

cuebald

Reaction score
There we go G(ay)boy2k8, you've pulled. No problems.

:mrgreen:

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish I was gay , but I'm not :|
I guess being a bald gay dude makes life easier :|

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Gboy2k8 said:
Be careful what you wish for because sometime it can come true........ :whistle: If you were gay, would you date a bald guy? I don't think being gay in this world makes your life easier because of so many religious groups and gay bashers. However, thank goodness this world has been more "open" to gay people. More people don't have to remain in the closet as much as before. I honestly think if you are not bad looking, its easier to find a boyfriend than a girlfriend. Trying to attract a women seems like so much more work. :shock:

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll just say this...

Gboy, you're the type of guy that a lot of men would look at and assume he gets girls BECAUSE of his looks and not in spite of them....the fact that you have a difficult time shows just how powerful our minds really are and the devastating (but false) reality that negative thinking can create for us. I'm serious man...I have no reason to lie to you to make you feel better on an internet forum. You're a way above average looking guy but you have to ACT like you know its the truth. Contrary to popular belief, good looking guys don't always have women just throwing themselves at them...sometimes it happens, but the majority of the time...the most you're going to get are subtle hints and clues that they're interested...clues that they expect you to pick up on and act on accordingly...but trust me man...if you're in a negative mindset and think that "no girl can find me attractive" then you're going to miss these hints because you just automatically assume that she isn't interested.

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
I'll just say this...

Gboy, you're the type of guy that a lot of men would look at and assume he gets girls BECAUSE of his looks and not in spite of them....the fact that you have a difficult time shows just how powerful our minds really are and the devastating (but false) reality that negative thinking can create for us. I'm serious man...I have no reason to lie to you to make you feel better on an internet forum. You're a way above average looking guy but you have to ACT like you know its the truth. Contrary to popular belief, good looking guys don't always have women just throwing themselves at them...sometimes it happens, but the majority of the time...the most you're going to get are subtle hints and clues that they're interested...clues that they expect you to pick up on and act on accordingly...but trust me man...if you're in a negative mindset and think that "no girl can find me attractive" then you're going to miss these hints because you just automatically assume that she isn't interested.

I try.
I really do try.
I do my best, but I just refuse to get it.
I have good looking friends , I know how a good looking man looks.
Usually they're very social , with lots of friends , and girlfriends.

A lot of girls hit on them , I notice it when I hand with them.
Even if they send them clues I notice immediately and tell them.
I never got a clue from a woman (so far as far as I can tell) , despite of what you all get from me I do try to stay as positive as I can when I hang out.
Usually I come here only when I'm down so you only get to see the dark part of who I am.
I am a funny , smiling dude , most of the time .
Even though I had a though life I'm doing my best not to involve my social life in it.
Lack of success with women involving early age hairloss affected me badly lately , but I do try to move on.

I began visiting a shrink :|
started taking medications again...
He claims my depression is minor and helping me won't be a problem at all.

I know that you know its hard for me to believe what you say is true qball.
But assuming , for one minute , your position is right ...
I once had a conversation with a hot looking 30 yo girl I know as a friend,
she's blond and tall and you'd give her 20.
She says usually most guys won't hit on her. They just won't and never will.
The one thing comes to their minds when they look at her is "pfft... she's outta my league.".
She's single.
Most of her friends got married and I dunno wtf is going with her livin alone now with 3 cats.
Anyhow assuming you're right the only option I can tell by your point of view is that women don't send me clues because I'm outta their league ?!?!
Yeright :woot:

Boondock

Reaction score
I think the point qball is making is that women don't give you signals because you're whole demeanour reeks of "DON'T TALK TO ME I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN MYSELF". The very fact that you're waiting for signals before an approach demonstrates this, to an extent (they help, but sometimes it's 'worth a punt' without them).

Getting your hair back - not that you've even lost it - won't change this. And you'd look great bald anyway. You just need to sort your life out.

Kudos for getting to a shrink and trying to put this right.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Gboy2k8 said:
I'm gay and i can easily say that it doesn't :p it's akin to being a bald straight guy, in that most gay men (that i've come across) are also just as superficial as girls. I'd say it's rather difficult to find a potential boyfriend, since most guys i've come across are either picky, base their decisions on your looks or are only interested in sex (which explains why i've never had a boyfriend, plus other things such as living with my family) Plus being gay, you can't exactly go up to any guy and get his number, invite him out somewhere etc :p

I honestly think if you are not bad looking, its easier to find a boyfriend than a girlfriend. Trying to attract a women seems like so much more work.
Yes and no...all gay males have different experiences, with mine, i would say that it hasn't been easy for me to find a boyfriend, mainly coz i live with my family, plus i've found most guys to be kinda picky and superficial (ie, first impressions and that's it) yet over the years, i always manage to attract a girl, which makes it kinda hard to 'reject' her, since i don't want to tell her exactly why..

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Gboy, glad you are finally getting some professional help. I agree with qball as far as you seem like a guy who can pull the women where ever you go. I think when you get older you will see the signs more easily when women are interested in you. When I was younger I was so clueless to the signs that I missed out on alot of opportunities just because I had such low esteem about myself. Although people would tell me I am very good looking, I never believed it because I just didn't have any confidence in myself that I could attract girls who looked like models. I always saw guys way better looking than myself and I figured they would steal the girls away from me so why even bother trying. I figured the girl would eventually cheat on me when a better looking guy comes along and shows them interest. I did not have a hair problem when I was your age but a skin problem. I had acne and that destroyed me. I thought any guy with perfect skin was always going to get the girl. In your case, its the guy with the perfect NW1. You are so lucky you have great skin. You would have been one of the guys I hated when I was younger. I would have felt so threatened by you that could get any girl you wanted. But little would I have realized that you and I had something in common. You don't like what is happening to your hair and I hated my skin. My acne was never the really bad kind but even if a had a mild case of it, it was major to me. My whole day was ruined by one zit. My self esteem would go down the toilet with just one zit. I thought my life was over too everytime new zits would pop up. So I know what you are going thru. Your hairloss is minor right now. Yet to you, its major. Don't miss out on the things in life I did just because of my acne. If I could relive my life all over again, I would do it in a heartbeat. I have made so many bad choices based upon my imperfections that I regret and live with it everyday. I only wish the internet was available back when I was going thru all this because maybe it would have made a difference. I make a difference everyday with people's lives and help make it better at my job. Believe me if I did not have that, I would think life is over too due to all the mistakes I have made with my social life all these years. However, I have made a change and joined a dating site and so far its the best choice I have ever made because I not going to make the same mistakes I made back then. Sorry if I am giving you too much unsolicited advice but my life parallels your life and I just hope your life goes down a better path than mine did when I was around your age.

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
amen that.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
I think the point qball is making is that women don't give you signals because you're whole demeanour reeks of "DON'T TALK TO ME I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN MYSELF". The very fact that you're waiting for signals before an approach demonstrates this, to an extent (they help, but sometimes it's 'worth a punt' without them).

Getting your hair back - not that you've even lost it - won't change this. And you'd look great bald anyway. You just need to sort your life out.

Kudos for getting to a shrink and trying to put this right.

I think this kind of applies to me right now. Hairloss isnt the main problem; its the low self confidence that is really starting to have an affect in my life.

The feeling that im inadqaute; not intelligent enough, not motivated enough. The recurring feeling of self-hatred and embarresment. The feeling of low self worth. I wonder whats behind everything. Am I lazy and good for nothing because I just am, or are there issues at root here?

Im not so sure. I do think I need to seek some help though. I kind of feel my life is slowly going in a bad direction.

Low self esteem is generally the root of a lot of problems like depression. But I dont think low self esteem can be magically altered through drugs or therapy alone. Bottom line is that you have to make big lifestyle changes. Our self esteem comes from how we our held by others, our social status, our feeling of worth. It has to be earned, not learned.

Im still a young guy, being 21, and I hope that I can begin to proceed in a good direction in life. But Im quite depressive at the moment. Not all the time. But I am prone to depressive bouts that I struggle to get out of. Spending day after day in my room doing sh*t all. What also particularly depresses me is just looking at the pattern of my life at school. I was a slow learneer at school. I sometimes think that I have slightly poor genetics. That Im simply never going to get onto a good run in life. That Im always going to stuggle.

I am seriously depressed today. Days like today, I can barely think straight. Everythings a dark blur and any push for more positive thinking gets overwhelmingy destroyed by my completely negative outlook.

But I have faith that all this will get better. Hairloss itself: its not the root problem. Whilst this post is negative, I want to make clear that im trying to be happier. Im trying to identifiy the root problems to my depression. I feel like my negative thinking has completely distorted the reality of my situation and I feel like Im going crazy sometimes. But I refuse to complain about my hairloss or use it as a scapegoat for my low-self esteem problems/depression.

GeminiX

Reaction score
H4HR, I'm not sure if your opinion of me is (was?) situational or something deeper, so I don't know how you'll feel about this.

I can send you some of the things I did which got me from being in a similar place to where you are now to being quite happy with my life.

In a nutshell it's all about baby steps, breaking down the things you feel you're failing at in life and putting plans and actions into place so you can tick them off and make progress.

The things you're saying now seem to indicate that you've turned a corner and can now start building.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
H4HR, I'm not sure if your opinion of me is (was?) situational or something deeper, so I don't know how you'll feel about this.

I can send you some of the things I did which got me from being in a similar place to where you are now to being quite happy with my life.

In a nutshell it's all about baby steps, breaking down the things you feel you're failing at in life and putting plans and actions into place so you can tick them off and make progress.

The things you're saying now seem to indicate that you've turned a corner and can now start building.

I apologise for the comments I made before, they came from a place where I just felt angry at myself and the world.

Your completely right about it being about it being baby steps. For me, I try and do something daily just to keep me at some level of activity, making sure I get out of my room and house and into the world. I feel better already since I wrote that post this morning.

At the time of writing, I was in bed, in a dirty and messy room. Once I got up and got on with my life and got out the house I still felt down but I managed to pick myself up a bit and feel better now.

Im kind of at a halfway house now really and I beleive that my life can go either way. So hopefully with some effort and belief I can start to make some ground and acheive some goals.

Its only since Ive been at college/university that I started to suffer from dark and depressive states that can linger. Its a 3 year course and Im close to the final year now, but I have thought about dropping out this summer. I feel like I have no interest in much in life, and feel totally bored. I think I need more respnsibility and challenge that I get at here at uni. I think I actually do better with a more grounded routine and more stress - we do actually need stress to function.

I think there is a real correlation between low stress levels and depression. Its rare for people who have busy lives to have time to be depressed. I think depression comes when we have a lot of time on our hands and little to do - the devil makes work for idle minds as the saying goes. Obvoiusly there are a lot of enviromental/circumstantial factors to bear in mind, but I do beleive there is a particular link in my life, I have much to do or much responsibility and this contributes to a low self esteem.

Im sure I will have the strength to move forward in a more enriching direction and path in time to come, but now Im kind of stuck at university. Its not a nice feeling.

Thanks for reading anyone, I dont want to make a sob story but I like to share my problems. I think a lot of us on this website probably have lives with little direction or self esteem, and thats why we get so sad when we lose our hair, because it shows how bare our egos really are, and we start to question what we really have to ourselves.

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
How much time is "regular" shedding ? :O
First time I've started noticing hair falling fast again was on February,
since then things started getting worse , with no regimen changes (accept of maybe lack of nizoral but I really don't think that's it).

It's been 3 months almost 4 since then,
That I've been buzz cutting my hair and I don't really notice any improvement yet.

That's it ?
I lost the battle ?
Can a "good" shed last through 3 months ?

Obsidian

Reaction score
What's your regimen? I didn't think my shedding or my hair looked good in till close to 5 months after using Propecia.

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
the big 3 @ 0.5mg propecia
over a year now..

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
OK - gotta be honnest with u guys,
I came to a point about a half year ago when my hair became slight thicker.
I was sure I could maintain so I started doing bullshit,
days on and off with finasteride,
0.5 in every two days and such.

Started seeing hair falling badly, didn't really care much...

Now it looks like sh*t,
I'm back to 1mg daily, hoping I can get back to the best point I had 6-7 months ago.
The good news is that I've ordered a year supply from UP,
so I wouldnt' worry about the cost of propecia,
plus I'm on 0.5 daily and now moving to 1mg and stopped seeing the hair falling like it used to a few months ago,
still no improvement but trying to keep a good and positive attitude.

Seeing my good pics in this thread made me feel sad,
I made a terrible mistake messing with my regimen.

DO NOT f*** WITH YOUR REGIMEN !!!,
going through my past posts I've noticed the thickning around 4 months in,
I'm just curious if re-using my old regimen would work for the second time.

I couldn't find any dude out there who stopped using finasteride and got back with a positive results.
Am I wrong ?

BTW
unitedpharmacies.com - did I make the right decision ?
thank you.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Gboy2k8 said:
OK - gotta be honnest with u guys,

I couldn't find any dude out there who stopped using finasteride and got back with a positive results.
Am I wrong?
On some of the other hair loss forums there are two guys that claim there hair improved after stopping finasteride. In my case, I wanted to stop it too just because I believed it killed my hairline and made my hair worse. I only believed that because I lost more hair on finasteride than I did in my lifetime. So I took the hairdx test and it said I had the balding gene but I was a weak responder to finasteride and that was enough for me to stay on finasteride for as long as I can. Rassman believes finasteride will have some benefit for everyone so that is why I decided to still take it knowing that the test said I would be a weak responder to it. I think I got lucky in a sense that my balding gene is weakly expressed as I still have a full head of hair but just less density. Maybe the finasteride has slowed it down even more but it does not help my diffusely thin hairline. I have to admit when I stopped using rogaine twice daily, my hair did get worse. I honestly have more side effects with rogaine than with finasteride. I don't like how rogaine makes me retain water in my face and my body.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
But I have faith that all this will get better. Hairloss itself: its not the root problem. Whilst this post is negative, I want to make clear that im trying to be happier. Im trying to identifiy the root problems to my depression. I feel like my negative thinking has completely distorted the reality of my situation and I feel like Im going crazy sometimes. But I refuse to complain about my hairloss or use it as a scapegoat for my low-self esteem problems/depression.
to be honest i think the vast majority of the guys who go thru this problem have that to blame. i know ive never been a very good looking guy but there have been 3 or 4 girls who have really been interested in me and they were all girls who id known as friends first and so was a lot more comfortable around and didnt feel unnatural or anything. unless youre dealing with a shallow girl or a girl whos into someone else / REALLY not interested in you, pretty much any guy can get any girl if he can hold a decent conversation and knows when to make the moves. its just the latter part of thats the problem for me and im assuming a lot of people on here who complain that hairloss is messing with their romantic lives.

and man i know it sucks to go thru hairloss and you get a whole lot of issues with self image and its constantly on your mind etc. but let me tell you this, after seeing the pics of you with the shaved head, it really actually does look good. i have long hair, i normally hate that look but it really doesnt look like youre someone who shaved their head because of thinning. it looks like thats just a good look for you.

__AND__ i just thought id drop in that while its self esteem which is clearly the biggest issue here, i dont think just laughing at him and saying 'my hairs much worse than yours' is gunna do any good. im sure ive got a lot more hair than a lot of you guys, so does he and so do a couple other guys on here but nobodys ever gunna feel confident just cause other people say they should be - theyre gunna feel confident when whatever it is they need to sort out gets sorted out.
although after reading back a few pages i can see why people got annoyed. people are on this forum to help and get help so when people do ttry and give you advice its probably not gunna go down well if you pretty much throw it back in their face op.

sorry for being a bit preachy and trite but i felt bad for the op after seeing so many posts basically saying 'at least your hair doesnt look like mine'. i know its gunna be annoying for the vets on here to see a lot of guys coming on here worrying about what they perceive as nothing but hey.
anyway thats about all i got to say, sorry about the triple rant there.

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't wanna get into these issues again,
I don't and I never had any female "friends",
while most of my male friends seem to hate me more and more as time goes by.

But I came to a point where I really don't give a f***,
I'll be better then everyone else one day.