Less Balding Among Active Soccer Players?

twoodMM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was watching some champions league games simultaneously tonight and I noticed that out of nearly 100 players I saw, only 1-2 were balding.
When I think of the guys sitting in some of my classes (unfortunately including me), the amount of balding men is much higher.

So is there a correlation between being an athlete (especially soccer) and a full head of hair or was my observation deceiving me?

sonero9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Less stress than in rugby, cricket, baseball, american football, volleyball, tennis, golf, hockey, waterpolo, car racing, cycling, swimming, marathon, ski, surfing, etc.

Last edited:

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of them will be on finasteride. I remember a few years ago Arsene Wenger saying something about this — he mentioned he was concerned about his players taking medication for various things — including hair loss.

“If you lose your hair and if you’ve taken something to make your hair grow it might not be good especially for the rest of your body.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...g-medication-for-non-footballing-reasons.html

Footballers are shallow and vain, like the rest of us. If the cameras are on them, they need to look their best.

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of them will be on finasteride. I remember a few years ago Arsene Wenger saying something about this — he mentioned he was concerned about his players taking medication for various things — including hair loss.

“If you lose your hair and if you’ve taken something to make your hair grow it might not be good especially for the rest of your body.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...g-medication-for-non-footballing-reasons.html

Footballers are shallow and vain, like the rest of us. If the cameras are on them, they need to look their best.
A lot of them are on steroids which explains the finesteride.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of them are on steroids which explains the finesteride.

Can’t imagine the necessity of taking steroids in a sport like soccer but it’s probably true.

Soccer players probably keep their hair cause that sport doesn’t require as much testosterone

whatintheworld

Reaction score
A lot of NBA guys start losing really early, probably due to higher test/dht levels.

The bald guy with the headband look was pioneered there.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
They also endorse commercial product so they have to be good looking . many thing happen behind the wall that we common people don't know.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was watching some champions league games simultaneously tonight and I noticed that out of nearly 100 players I saw, only 1-2 were balding.
When I think of the guys sitting in some of my classes (unfortunately including me), the amount of balding men is much higher.

So is there a correlation between being an athlete (especially soccer) and a full head of hair or was my observation deceiving me?
yes, your observation fooled you. After 30 these guys turn into bald

Attachments

• 54FD7028-1800-4BC3-B065-B0D4699A1929.jpeg
    54FD7028-1800-4BC3-B065-B0D4699A1929.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 343
  • EC778F56-17AB-4275-A9C3-7BA809D116DD.jpeg
    EC778F56-17AB-4275-A9C3-7BA809D116DD.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 344
  • 2C4BF90F-6BB3-4C65-84BD-4F48315D2B58.jpeg
    2C4BF90F-6BB3-4C65-84BD-4F48315D2B58.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 0A2727D5-8601-4239-8FCD-FD9459ED3523.jpeg
    0A2727D5-8601-4239-8FCD-FD9459ED3523.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 364
  • 504F8C35-9DA9-4744-94E2-166D10FAB6BC.jpeg
    504F8C35-9DA9-4744-94E2-166D10FAB6BC.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 357

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Loads of footballers ( soccer players ) have had hair transplants Wayne Rooney , Andros Townsend had smp then a transplant , David Silva , Glenn Murray has a failed transplant , cesc fabregas and bundles of others

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, your observation fooled you. After 30 these guys turn into bald
I always felt growing old was a tragic absurd construct of this reality. Some people change so much they are different people altogether every couple of years and it's just insane to me. I feel really bad especially for the really good looking ones that get ugly. Us ugly ones are used to it, but I think it's much harder and more tragic when you have something and lose it as opposed to never having it. But at least they got a few good years of looking hot. The good thing is as we all age I noticed people start looking similar the ugly ones suddenly look normal and the super beautiful ones go down to normal level so there is fairness in the end, just like in death I guess :) (except for the lucky bastards that look good at all ages haha)

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always felt growing old was a tragic absurd construct of this reality. Some people change so much they are different people altogether every couple of years and it's just insane to me. I feel really bad especially for the really good looking ones that get ugly. Us ugly ones are used to it, but I think it's much harder and more tragic when you have something and lose it as opposed to never having it. But at least they got a few good years of looking hot. The good thing is as we all age I noticed people start looking similar the ugly ones suddenly look normal and the super beautiful ones go down to normal level so there is fairness in the end, just like in death I guess :) (except for the lucky bastards that look good at all ages haha)

U see my post op
Pics , it’s easy reversed I went from a 1-10 to a 6 easy

INT

Reaction score
If I see one more thread were people are brosciencing a connection between sports/hobby and baldness I will jump out of the window

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
True they are young but if you watch games from the 70s and 80s they always had about 3 noticible balding players on each team.
Nottingham forest had about 6 or 7 players with combover.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Spanish league has the best hair on the planet.. every kant has slick hair

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
idk but back when I was doing karate. Pretty much all the instructors and students over 30 were either bald or were balding.

sonero9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Transplant doctors know how to deliver their services where the money is. $$$$