Left Temple Has Finer Hair, Little Higher Than Right Hairline

Joseph Kent

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 18, with rather thick hair. My biggest fear is my hair on the left temple is little finer than the right one, I don’t know if I’m balding or my hairline is maturing. My grandfather had a mature hairline, with thick hair.

Can you tell me if my hairline is going to go higher and recede and I’ll go bald or it’s just a maturing hairline?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,594
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,594
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,503
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,592

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noone can

Just watch your hairline and take pics every 6 month if it bothers you

So far no balding like 95% of 18 years old

Joseph Kent

My Regimen
Reaction score
But I have this strange fear of going bald even though you have told me this:( .. I guess it’s because I cut my hair short after it was very long....

How are you sure I’m not going bald?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
But I have this strange fear of going bald even though you have told me this:( .. I guess it’s because I cut my hair short after it was very long....

How are you sure I’m not going bald?

no miniaturization, you're hairline is basicallystraight. just take photos every 6months and reacess if your hairline changes

Joseph Kent

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve looked at photos over the past 2 years, and the only change I see is the juvenile hairline is gone, and my hairline has become more like a mature hairline

Joseph Kent

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, I have Norwood 0 hairline (once again, I’m 18yo).... I fear that my hair may receede and I’ll go bald :( ..... someone please share your experiences here

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noone can

Just watch your hairline and take pics every 6 month if it bothers you

So far no balding like 95% of 18 years old
The rule goes for every age a man is that number is the percentage of others experiencing hair loss. 18% of 18 year olds will have some degree of hair loss. That's where the one third of guys by 35 have hair loss statistic comes from.

To OP you still have a juveniles hairline.. How you thought you were balding is something I don't think I can comprehend. Go enjoy your life.

Mason16

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 18, with rather thick hair. My biggest fear is my hair on the left temple is little finer than the right one, I don’t know if I’m balding or my hairline is maturing. My grandfather had a mature hairline, with thick hair.
I'm almost 100% sure that it's a maturing hairline. Check your other family members

Can you tell me if my hairline is going to go higher and recede and I’ll go bald or it’s just a maturing hairline?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
His hairline is still an upside down U shape which makes it a juvenile hairline ( Norwood 0 or female hairline ) When the hairline is a straight line like ___ then it is no longer a juvenile hairline and becomes Norwood 1 ( still not balding ) Only when the straight line recedes a bit into a U shape then it becomes a mature hairline.

Joseph Kent

My Regimen
Reaction score
The rule goes for every age a man is that number is the percentage of others experiencing hair loss. 18% of 18 year olds will have some degree of hair loss. That's where the one third of guys by 35 have hair loss statistic comes from.

To OP you still have a juveniles hairline.. How you thought you were balding is something I don't think I can comprehend. Go enjoy your life.

The reason I feel like I’m balding is because I can see my hairline slowly receding/maturing ... I don’t know if it’s gonna receede excessively or it’s just gonna receede a bit into a mature hairline.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

???

It's not even a "mature" hairline.

Let's be honest. Few men want a really low hairline (Norwood 0, or less).

No, you are not suffering from ANY recession. At least not at THIS TIME.

Joseph Kent

My Regimen
Reaction score
???

It's not even a "mature" hairline.

Let's be honest. Few men want a really low hairline (Norwood 0, or less).

No, you are not suffering from ANY recession. At least not at THIS TIME.

When I lift my hair up(with a bit of force), you can see the left temple is slightly higher than the right one... so you can’t say it’s a complete juvenile hairline yet.... is it going to receede more so?

Attachments

• E077ADC8-4E62-473C-BEF0-AEFD76FE9C15.jpeg
    E077ADC8-4E62-473C-BEF0-AEFD76FE9C15.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 558

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I lift my hair up(with a bit of force), you can see the left temple is slightly higher than the right one... so you can’t say it’s a complete juvenile hairline yet.... is it going to receede more so?
It probably will. Very few men keep their juvenile hairlines. You will stop at Norwood 1 and stay there for a few years or decades if you are lucky.