Latest Patents From Dr. George Cotsarelis

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noisette, you the man! Thank you.

What I think is very interesting from these latest patents is that they are clearly stating
wounding/disruption of epidermis.

Seeing how epidermis is mostly 0,03 - 0,15mm, I believe it's important to state to
members here who are already trying dermarolling/needling to not overdo it,
as the standard lenght of needles seems to be 1,5mm. Now, I know that
not all of the lenght penetrates the skin, but I just wanted to point out
something which might not be so obvious to everyone. If you press
hard enough to bleed, you have probably overdone it.

Just my thought ofc, but the epidermis depth is objective medical knowledge though.

Cheers

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score

What I think is very interesting from these latest patents is that they are clearly stating

Seeing how epidermis is mostly 0,03 - 0,15mm, I believe it's important to state to

Just my thought ofc, but the epidermis depth is objective medical knowledge though.

Cheers
To expand on this. It says so in the linked study:

Scalp was prepared with betadine and normal saline following topical anesthesia. Rolling was done with dermaroller with needle length 1.5 mm over affected areas in longitudinal, vertical, and diagonal directions, 8 times in each direction or until mild erythema was noted which was considered as the end point

So you are correct I would say. :)

P.S: Good job Noisette as usual

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cheers

In one of the patents I remember reading about scab formation, which also clearly happened to the barbecue head guy, so it probably won't matter much.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In one of the patents I remember reading about scab formation, which also clearly happened to the barbecue head guy, so it probably won't matter much.

Yes, I agree, probably.

But I have also seen too many clinical examples of dermarolling ''scars'' when the rolling motion wasn't performed correctly.
Many patients at home, when rolling...tend to not lift the roller with every pass, which makes deep traces in skin, which in turn
result in scar tissue.
So, even for acne, stretch marks etc...when dermaneedling is not performed correctly, is can leave you in a worse
state than your starting point.

They mention scabs in these latest patents, too, I have seen...

EDIT:

Actually I plan on starting a little dermaneedling expriment on my totally bald temples myself...but for that I have purchased a derminator device. This should overcome the issues(traces) aforementioned...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone going in for a hair transplant any time soon? Wanna trial FGF-9 with the deep wounds from the implanted grafts along with in the donor area? That'd be pretty interesting.

H

Reaction score
hmm... patient 3 looks very convincing, although i don't like that fact that the before pics are made with the wet hair look. this is normally scammer tactics, but with patient 3 there is no doubt perfect regrowth.
Ya and where is the light on patient 4's second pic for some reason with hair loss researchers there's always at least 1 light that doesn't make it through the trial. Where we can see a lamp clearly showing the scalp in pretrials there's always that post therapy picture where that same well lit room apparently got ransacked and all the overhead lamps stolen. The first guy looks believable although not very impressive but patient 3 looks great assuming there's no illusion play going on.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score

Cheers

Has anyone messed up and got scars on their skin from rolling/needling? What happens if you get a scar on your scalp, is it basically game over?

DonFlamenco

My Regimen
Reaction score
I f*****g knew it...FGF-9. Time for myself to try it out and end this nightmare.

Just as a heads up to everyone, FGF-9 is 23.4 kDa. You will absolutely NEED to dermaroll to get this through your skin. There were some comments in another thread that dermarolling can allow compounds up to 50 kDa to penetrate. Doing so otherwise will be an absolute waste of time.

Where do we buy FGF-9?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noisette and all, the dermarolling with prp study (non minoxidil) doesn't break down the steps. Can anyone assist? For example, is the scalp dermarolled then injected with prp? Is the scalp injected with prp then dernarolled? Is the scalp simply dermarolled with prp (not injected)? Thanks all! I understand prp is used twice a month for 6 months (which a lot) but don't know the finer details.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like that the first patent mentions eyebrows. My eyebrows are thinning like a motherfuck.
This is not necessarily a bad thing. It depends on how much eyebrow is _left_ and where you started at.

@westonci , how do we buy fgf-9?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's mix all this sh*t with Brotzu ingredients, 1gr seti daily, RU and microneedle it once a week...if that ain't working we have to wait for tsuji

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Watch it with the fgf9 dosage guys. It activates shh so if you're gonna try it at least keep it in check.

Also, don't mean to be a party pooper, but my wet vs dry hair situation is kinda similar to patient 3.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many patients at home, when rolling...tend to not lift the roller with every pass, which makes deep traces in skin, which in turn
result in scar tissue.

I think I also depends on the shape of the needles, you can find both types. I use the first one. never the saw shaped needles which is surely more damaging for skin.
4629298565.jpg

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. I understand that Follica does not use antiandrogens.? it turns out that the new hair created by Follica is not susceptible to DHT?
2. In previous patents it was written that in their device you can use the funds of other companies (SM04554, KYTH105 (setipiprant), etc.) for the growth of new hair.
They promise 25 terminal hair. 25 hair only by damage or together with the use of other means?

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Watch it with the fgf9 dosage guys. It activates shh so if you're gonna try it at least keep it in check.

Also, don't mean to be a party pooper, but my wet vs dry hair situation is kinda similar to patient 3.
Absolutely no way will wet to dry hair make that big a difference. You can argue that with other patients wet/dry, angle, and lighting can be responsible for the results. But patient 3 looks like he had some proper solid results.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when using fgf9 they say it is important to have this skin regeneration from wounding. There is no way we have this efficiency with our dermarollers. Any wounding device on sale? : D