Lactoferrin As A Promoter Of Hair Growth

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they used a concentration of 32nM in the study. given the molecular mass of around 150 g/mol for a-keto, this equals around 5mg/ml. so i will be using a 300mg capsule for 50-60ml and mix it with distilled water as a-keto is water soluble. however, since i am not sure about the penetrability i might produce another batch with ehtanol and vanicream (which includes PG)
proteins do not tolerate ethanol

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still getting worse here on a daily basis, 4 weeks. No signs of anything changing regarding shedding and no signs of any results.

Hopefully add a-KG next week too but afraid I'm not gonna get very far without AA.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still getting worse here on a daily basis, 4 weeks. No signs of anything changing regarding shedding and no signs of any results.

Hopefully add a-KG next week too but afraid I'm not gonna get very far without AA.

i am also shedding like crazy. apart from the vellus there is nothing positive to report here at the moment :/

Sorry to hear that. In a week I hit the two month mark. I'm shedding less, but still too much imo. Can't seem to halt the hairloss and AA is not an option at the moment. I dont have high expectations for the two month mark, since I lost so many terminal hairs in the past 4 weeks.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. In a week I hit the two month mark. I'm shedding less, but still too much imo. Can't seem to halt the hairloss and AA is not an option at the moment. I dont have high expectations for the two month mark, since I lost so many terminal hairs in the past 4 weeks.

f***. If you, as a woman, are not seeing results with this, what hope have we men, with all this DHT running rampant in our scalps. Yeah, it's not looking too good.

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***. If you, as a woman, are not seeing results with this, what hope have we men, with all this DHT running rampant in our scalps. Yeah, it's not looking too good.

Well I did see results early on, but the increased shedding hit me hard. I didn't expect LF to resolve my shedding, but also not to increase it so much. I'm gonna wait for another week, then take pics and conclude.

I will continue for at least another two months. I cant have this shedding to be for nothing. But yeah, at the moment i definitely see we need to add something to battle the hairloss.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not a big shedder but yeah since using lactoferrin it's been crazy, nothing else to report yet under 2 months in

Since so many people are reporting this shedding, I f*****g hope,... And I mean HOPE... that this means we will see some regrowth after this BS. I hope that this isn't simply bad for hair somehow.

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since so many people are reporting this shedding, I f*****g hope,... And I mean HOPE... that this means we will see some regrowth after this BS. I hope that this isn't simply bad for hair somehow.

I dont think I am experiencing any significantly increased shedding, but I must say I dont monitor this in any rigorous way. Started begin June. Trying to apply twice daily but not really feasible with work. Since many of you are using a way lower concentration than I am, I figured I will make a less concentrated batch for the mornings.

Still microneedling for almost 4 months now as well, no minoxidil, averaging roughly once per 2 weeks at 1.5mm.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any updates?

Nope. 5 weeks in, absolutely nothing. I've added alpha-ketoglutarate every other day now as well, so I guess now it will become impossible to know which one works, if any, but I don't care. I really need some results, and there are people here who are using lactoferrin alone, so if they do not get results within 6 months, I think it's safe to say this is bunk.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL another pointless comment

He has exactly three thousand five hundred and sixty one of those as of this moment. His entire account is a waste of server space.

started to use a-keto daily since 3-4 days ago. made a water based solution and another 25% ethanol 75% vanicream (PG) solution; applying both consecutively. shedding has decreased and has almost stopped

Honestly, if I had to guess, I'm suspecting the a-KG is going to be the heavy hitter here. My hunch on lactoferrin alone is that it is going to be a bust.

Reactions: INT

INT

Reaction score
He has exactly three thousand five hundred and sixty one of those as of this moment. His entire account is a waste of server space.

Well apparantly incel forums are closed on Sunday so he has to go somewhere...

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
started to use a-keto daily since 3-4 days ago. made a water based solution and another 25% ethanol 75% vanicream (PG) solution; applying both consecutively. shedding has decreased and has almost stopped
Good to hear, maybe my shed stopping is more than a coincidence. What mg/ml do you use for a-kg and how many mgs overall per use?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear, maybe my shed stopping is more than a coincidence. What mg/ml do you use for a-kg and how many mgs overall per use?

I dump a capsule (300 mg) into 60 ml of distilled. So that's 5 mg / mL and since I apply 3 mL it's a total of 15 mg.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's always the same story :

-Trying a new thing
-oO wait guys, my shedding stopped.
[ Lot of pages on the thread....]
-This sh*t does nothing, my shedding increase and i have no regrowth.

Always the same story....

Decreasing shedding is a mirage. Nothing else.