Kythera Acquires Rights to PGD2 Inhibitor

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah I think there is a large group of people that would like to pass on dutasteride and CB/setipiprant could be a big improvement and much safer. Sexual sides and stuff like gyno are a lot to wrestle with over cosmetic thing like hair where a lot of guys just see the options and say who cares i will live with it. IF something better was out I think plenty of guys would try it

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
What bothers me is now the constant inflammation on my scalp (seborrheic dermatitis that I've had for more than ten years), which doesn't go away no matter what shampoo or lotion I use, and believe me I've tried it all (even oral ketoconazole, a bad experience).

This is -partly- what interests me with setipiprant, pgd2 apparently plays a huge role in sebum production, so if it could help with inflammation and male pattern baldness, that would be great. Also looking forward to CB-03-01 for that matter. I'd also like not to take dutasteride during my whole life.

Wow! Oral Ketoconazole! I hope you recovered from that. Did you get your liver checked for any damage? Oral Ketoconazole could have damaged your liver or even killed you if it wasn't monitored properly.

Prostaglandin D2 does play a huge role in Androgenetic Alopecia, by inhibiting hair growth. PGD2 also plays a role in inflammatory responses, so that doesn't help either. I really hope Setipiprant will actually inhibit PGD2 in the scalp and becomes an excellent treatment for Androgenic Alopecia. I'll believe in Setipiprant if it gives genuine results.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow! Oral Ketoconazole! I hope you recovered from that. Did you get your liver checked for any damage? Oral Ketoconazole could have damaged your liver or even killed you if it wasn't monitored properly.
I only took it twice, and oral ketoconazole causes serious liver damage in 1 in 15000 cases. But it gave me a really bad headache that lasted several days and for several days I felt the urge to pee every hour or so. I threw the pills in the bin right after that.

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score

Prostaglandin D2 does play a huge role in Androgenetic Alopecia, by inhibiting hair growth. PGD2 also plays a role in inflammatory responses, so that doesn't help either. I really hope Setipiprant will actually inhibit PGD2 in the scalp and becomes an excellent treatment for Androgenic Alopecia. I'll believe in Setipiprant if it gives genuine results.
We'll find out soon...!

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
*Bump*

Any latest updates with the PGD2 inhibitor Setipiprant? Anything new hellouser, anyone? I've been doing a lot of research on the treatment lately and I cannot find anything new about it. I also cannot find Setipiprant for sale anywhere except for one site where it's currently $77.55 for 1 mg, which is way too expensive.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
*Bump*

Any latest updates with the PGD2 inhibitor Setipiprant? Anything new hellouser, anyone? I've been doing a lot of research on the treatment lately and I cannot find anything new about it. I also cannot find Setipiprant for sale anywhere except for one site where it's currently $77.55 for 1 mg, which is way too expensive.

They will be doing clinical trials soon. Kythera's other product for chin fat was approved the other day so hopefully they are spending more time on seti now. there was a group buy for seti at $340/25g

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
They will be doing clinical trials soon. Kythera's other product for chin fat was approved the other day so hopefully they are spending more time on seti now. there was a group buy for seti at $340/25g

Do you know how soon and how much longer?

So a fat chin reducer, which is ATX-101, got approved? I researched about this double chin reducer and it says on Kythera's site that it was in development for more than nine years; it definitely shouldn't take that long for Setipiprant now that they should really focus on the PGD2 inhibitor.

I was aware of the group buy. I didn't participate as I am totally skeptical of where the Setipipant in the group buy was coming from. I believe hellouser participated and got Setipiprant, and if he did and got it, I wonder how's it's been working for him.

KiNGTyreZe

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know how soon and how much longer?

So a fat chin reducer, which is ATX-101, got approved? I researched about this double chin reducer and it says on Kythera's site that it was in development for more than nine years; it definitely shouldn't take that long for Setipiprant now that they should really focus on the PGD2 inhibitor.

I was aware of the group buy. I didn't participate as I am totally skeptical of where the Setipipant in the group buy was coming from. I believe hellouser participated and got Setipiprant, and if he did and got it, I wonder how's it's been working for him.

They did the group buy but didn't receive it yet. At least one or two months left.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind just seeing some study or anything that shows us just what this does and to what extent it works. Might not happen until nearer release but still.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Any update from the people involved in the group buy? Does anyone know if anyone is actually using seti as part of their routine yet?
Apparently it'll be shipped in a month or two =\

doke

Reaction score
Guys what about neosil psi as that did get trialed and there were some who triad it and it regrew hair within months and you did not need to use it everyday only in cycles.
Hellhouser whats your take on psi it was only the purity that was a letdown i know kane said he had a better alternitive to psi i cannot remember what that was perhaps it was oc.
I know there was a website that i cannot find now that had the mixing of psi to how neosil made it.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who hasn't found what? :(

Do you mean that a group of people is looking for a way to purchase Setipiprant, but is yet to find a supplier?

We're still waiting on our shipments.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Who hasn't found what? :(

Do you mean that a group of people is looking for a way to purchase Setipiprant, but is yet to find a supplier?

Sorry, it was a bad joke :)

Guy asks: "Any word on seti?"

http://www.seti.org/

I come to this thread everyday looking for updates on SET. That is how we abbreviate treatments anyway right? finasteride, Min, nizoral Etc...