Klink's Story - (7.6.07 gallery added, 1 of 7)

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Remember I took finasteride for over five years prior to last year's start of the big 3. During the 5 years of finasteride I saw a little regrowth at my hairline but really nothing else.

After two months on the big3, it all looked much better, and thicker. I got an unsolicited "wow what have you been doing" from a younger friend who has been losing his hair. I had about three big sheds in 2007.

Remember I started the big3 when I was 38/39. So my results, while they make me happy, are not as good as a younger guy starting off earlier. In my own estimation, if I say that when I was 25 my hair density was a 100%, I would say that the front top and crown are somewhere in the 50% range or better. So not thick like a pelt, but enough that I have very good coverage except for the crown which I would more cover on.

Lastly, not only did my hairline fill back in, it lowered too.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
klink said:
Absolutely. Remember I took finasteride for over five years prior to last year's start of the big 3. During the 5 years of finasteride I saw a little regrowth at my hairline but really nothing else.

After two months on the big3, it all looked much better, and thicker. I got an unsolicited "wow what have you been doing" from a younger friend who has been losing his hair. I had about three big sheds in 2007.

Remember I started the big3 when I was 38/39. So my results, while they make me happy, are not as good as a younger guy starting off earlier. In my own estimation, if I say that when I was 25 my hair density was a 100%, I would say that the front top and crown are somewhere in the 50% range or better. So not thick like a pelt, but enough that I have very good coverage except for the crown which I would more cover on.

Lastly, not only did my hairline fill back in, it lowered too.

Thanks for the update bro, I hope many more good things to come!

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sup y'all, have not updated in a while, have not been able to find the time to regularly take pics.

Okay, I stopped taking Finpecia, after thinking about it for a few months. I have two little kids, so my wife and I don't tend to get great sleep so that's a factor too, but I've noticed that within 1-2 hours of taking finasteride it would make me really sleepy. I was the same way with Propecia.

I'm now just using min foam, revita, nizoral 2%, and taking maxi-hair vitamins (vitamins have been off/on). I might take some pics in the next week, looks decent probably about the same.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sup guys, have not been on for a while. I haven't been taking finasteride for a while, and I think the top thinned out. I'm going to go back on it, 3x a week. I'll post updates if I have any. I also miss MSM, will get some more. My hair grows much more slowly without it.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted in a while.

I'll be 43 next month.

I stopped taking propecia and swapped over to dutasteride.

I take:
dutasteride
topical foam
MSM
Saw Palmetto
Vitamins

-----------------------
I'll try to take some pics, but I'd say that my regimen is holding ground. My crown is still diffuse, but I've noticed last couple of months I have better coverage though the hair is still on the thin side. I think I'll let my hair grow out so I can better compare my old pics from 2007.

klink2

Reaction score
I can't remember my log-in info, but I'm back.

I'm going to be 44 in 2 months.

I haven't taken propecia since 2008, and I think I should take it again. I've been mostly buzzing my hair. dutasteride did not work out for me, though I honestly don't remember how many months I took it. Still on foam, nizoral 2%, maxi-hair vitamin.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so how have your sheds been ?

take a look at my story in the success tread, and tell em if you got the same sheds while on finasteride and also the same sheds while on foam, im asking you becaise you been on them fro awhile,

also how your hair or shedding cycles now,

Thanks man

klink2

Reaction score
I was on finasteride for many years, something like 6. I never noticed any major sheds. Now when I started Min foam I did have a few noticeable sheds.

I was just reading about RU, sounds interesting. So the powder can be mixed with isopropyl alchohol and stuff like that?

klink2

Reaction score
Thanks I just read your compilation of hairloss solutions, thanks for putting that together.

If I could considerably thicken my existing hair that would be great. I'm in that older group, so I don't mind having the frontal hair loss, I just view that as part of getting older. But the crown... and in front of that (the vertex?)... mamma mia, that's the part I always want to address.

If anyone would care to answer regarding RU, so is there a popular mixing agent I can buy from the web or from the store? Does it have to be refrigerated or is a coo dry place okay?

I'm willing to take pics, I did before in 06/07.

klink2

Reaction score
It's been 3 years since I have taken Propecia.

Rog foam I think is still helping me though if I took Propecia again it would probably would help on the top.

As I'm older I'm pretty comfortable with my hair loss, I don't want to be shiny bald up top and I'm not so I'm happy. I could snap a new pic or two.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
You had some very good results there! Keep it up...

klink2

Reaction score
Bump.

I'm 45 and have not taken propecia since 2008. I've been faithful with min foam 2x, but not the nizoral and not taking anything else at the moment. Getting pretty thin up top, thinking about taking propecia again.

How are folks' side effects? Propecia made me felt sleepy at the end there, so I only took it at night.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
IMO it's interesting that you said earlier in the thread that Propecia lowered your hairline a bit but the crown didn't get the same level of benefits. I usually read the reverse from finasteride user stories.

klink2

Reaction score
Yeah I don't even remember my old posts to be honest.

Just thinking about finasteride again, I'm not as vain as I was when I younger but once in a while I'd like to thicken up the crown. I took some phone pics but didn't go thru my photobucket, will try to upload again.

klink2

Reaction score
Just ordered 1mg finasteride from Inhouse, want to get back on it. Might be too late for me, since I have not taken it for 4-5 years, but I have been religiously on Min foam and nizoral, as well as some supplements. I don't think I'll regrow much but I think it made my existing hair thicker which I would like.

Here are my old pics from 06/07. I think I've regressed back to the 06 look. I've been cutting my hair much shorter so it's not really apples to apples right now.

I'll take some new pics here at some point, and get back to updating the thread.

I also actually bought some toppik and tried it today. I think the black is a little too dark though I have extremely dark hair. I like it. I think I'll keep it handy as my going-out regime, but not for my daily work routine.

I'll be 46 in May.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick phone pic, black toppik:

IMAG0195_zps7762ff0a.jpg

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks good with that toppik thingy on. looks like a bit darker than your hair (maybe it's just lighting) but still looks very thick and real. I am 36 now and tempted to try some...where did you get yours? online seems to be the best bet but I would like to see and feel it myself first before purchasing!

klink2

Reaction score
I haven't taken Propecia for 6 years, the sides were too much for me.

Been regressing on the crown but I'll be 47 in May. I cut it short.

Currently doing SP, Foam, and nizoral 1%.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanx for sharing Klink, Do you mind telling me whether or not you are noticing any improvement using saw palmetto to treat your hair loss? Thanx again.

klink2

Reaction score
Too early to tell, started to really take it a few months ago and it takes me about 4 months to notice any changes.