Klink's Story - (7.6.07 gallery added, 1 of 7)

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just found this forum.

I'm 39, and have been taking Propecia 1mg/day since 2002. Recently I have been using American Crew thick shampoo but have not been doing anything else other than taking a multi-vitamin.

I am looking for the monthly pics I took back in 2002, so I can scan them, and compare to modern day. But I did have regrowth with Propecia starting in the 4th month and it was most obvious at the 6th month of use.

I currently don't experience any shedding and have not in years. I don't really see any hair in the shower or places like that.

Here are some 12/06 pics:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Klink/

The flash is so cruel. :) I just bought some nizoral 2%, and the foam is coming in via mail, just waiting for it.

My goal for 2007 is to try to get some crown regrowth, and have my hair be thicker. My biggest problem is that my crown hair is significantly thinner than my side hair. My side hair is like horse hair compared to the top, the top hair is quite wispy. So my plan in 2007 is to do the 'big 3' and see what happens. I'd love to switch Propecia for Dutas too, but I am going to hold off for a while.

I'm busy reading this forum and hairlosshelp, and am still researching a bunch of stuff.

I'm going to take pics either monthy or every two months.

I'm open to any suggestions, but am okay if nothing happens but I think based on the pics I have been seeing that minoxidil foam should help.... so I am pretty excited.

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
from all the info on this forum ...i guess ur best bet wud be to go on minoxidil since its most effective for crown hair regrowth..good luck

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep your sides short so the contrast with your top is less obvious.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Check my regimen, I started some new things including minoxidil foam.

My side hair grows super fast, but I'll typically do short on the sides and longer up top. I'm due for a cut.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay I am seeing more hairs than normal in the shower and when combing my hair, nothing crazy.

Friend of mine who I had not seen in 1.5 months straight up asked me if I was doing something about hair loss, he could see a difference. He's losing it up front and on the top. I referred him to here and the big3.

Crown appears to have small hair, I look a little 'furry' compared to shiny like I did before. I can also see blondish fine hairs at my temples.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogaine foam caused the same little hairs on my forehead too and became full grown hairs hopefully the same for you.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah other than shampoos and vitamins, minoxidil foam is the only regrowth product I have added since I am a long time user of finasteride.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay I added a third gallery, check it out:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Klink/

I'd like to see what you guys think, I think the crown towards the front (vertex?) has filled in a bit. In the first pic of the new gallery, I combed my hair almost straight back, which I would not have dared do a few months ago.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The range of shots shows that my crown still has a thin patch, but I can style my hair such that I can make it all look decent or pretty bad. I'll be honest in F, that's me really trying to make it look good. That forehead-on shot show that there is work to be done, but I have shots like that from 5 years ago, and the crown looks better now than it did back then.

I'm 39 now, and I really noticed the crown losing hair 7-8 years ago, which means it was probably thin even before that. I had noticed maybe 10 years ago the front was receding but I had always had a widows peak in my 20's so I did not think much of it.

I still have not found my 2002 monthly Propecia pics, I have 6-7 pics from that, when I find them I will scan them.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm late with 3.07 pics, will take some tomorrow morning. Overall things are going good, though I obviously want more progress. I think I just finished a 2-3 week shed, hair went through a thin time and I saw a fair amount of hair everywhere.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay I added 3.31.07 pics, my 4th gallery.

My opinion so far:
-Vertex (between my hairline and crown) has done very well
-Crown doing better, we'll see what happens
-sides of my temple seeing regrowth, left side more which is fine since it was higher
-number of vellous hairs on temples have changed to regular hair and are still in transition
-side hair seems thicker
-in 3.31.07 pics I made a particular effort to comb my hair like I did in my first gallery, so I think those pics are very comparable. In the past combing it would make it look thinner.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Klink,
Nice updated pics. Your hair seems to be maintaining well and I see somewhat of a difference between now and last month. Keep up the work man and best of luck.

-Pologuy

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the crown is the area that continues to need work, the vertex has grown in since I started taking the Big3 in Xmas 2006.

I'm going to dial back my shampoos right now, I have been using Vive and then Revita, and I think it's too much.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
4.30.07:
klink_37_m.jpg

12.06:
klink_9_m.jpg

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
5.26.07 pics added.

For the lazy: