Klink's Story - (7.6.07 gallery added, 1 of 7)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
excuse my language, but its f*****g amazing.

You reponsed to the treatments really well. I am happy for you brother!

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks, and I'm alot older (40) than a lot of the active guys on the site, so most guys should do a lot better than folks in my age bracket... But it's cool to actually have the hairloss turn around into regrowth at my age... So I'm hoping for more crown regrowth but if it doesn't happen I'm happy with where I am at.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've got to put up some new monthly pics, but here are some thoughts about the last 6 months....

When I started the big3 + msm and Vit c, I really did not have enough hair on my vertex and crown to really style it. Even worse, I was letting the top grow longer and longer to the point where it was basically a forward combover.... Funny how I was able to rationalize that. :)

I was about five years on finasteride at that point.

8 weeks in, I saw some real improvement. I attribute half of the initial improvement on just my existing hair looking thicker and healthier. The vertex improved the most, though my hairline overall is thicker. Crown baldness is maybe half of what it was before. Another nice change was that I let my vertex and crown hair get cut shorter, so no more hair on top that was like three inches longer than it was on the sides haha.

I had two sheds, first one was in month three, and lasted a few weeks. Second one was maybe two months ago, and was mainly on my side temples where I just started foaming.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I screwed up my 6 07 pics, so just posted some shots of me with one of my sons.

My 7.14.07 gallery is what I look like today, did not blowdry my hair, and after using foam. I could have blowdried it to look better but decided not to. Overall looks good. I have started massaging foam more into my crown, I used to just apply it lightly. We'll see how it goes, otherwise I might not have much more upside for my crown area. In person looks millon times better, the flash is brutal. I'll try doing a vid.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
good to see treatments are constantly working for you.

:hairy:

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They are, though I still hope to get more crown fill-in...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
klink said:
They are, though I still hope to get more crown fill-in...

Be consistent and good thing will come! Best of luck man :hairy:

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've rarely skipped anything, and even put off switching to non-Propecia finasteride for the year.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
klink said:
Yeah I've rarely skipped anything, and even put off switching to non-Propecia finasteride for the year.

I see.

Even things are working fine, dont fix them. :p

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been blowing off pics for a while, been super super busy.

I added spironolactone 5% a couple of weeks ago, and I will take new pics in 3-4 weeks.

My hair looks tons better than before I started big3, so very happy, but I still want thicker coverage on the crown. I have also stayed on finasteride for the balance of the year.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
:bravo:

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sup guys, I have been super busy with my businesses and moving.

I stopped using spironolactone, because it was becoming too much of a mess. I had gone down to one foam application in the morning, and one cream spironolactone application in the evening to compensate for the greasy over styled look of my hair. I think that ended up being a mistake as I think my hair looked a little thin afterward but it could be my imagination.

What I've been doing for the last 1-2 months is get back on the Foam 2x, but everything else I have continued faithfully.

I recently cut my hair short, and I will take some pics next week I have a great new camera. I can tell my hair is better than the last time i cut it this short, but I don't have the thick hair of a young man in his twenties, I have decent hair for a 40 yr old guy.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
klink said:
Sup guys, I have been super busy with my businesses and moving.

I stopped using spironolactone, because it was becoming too much of a mess. I had gone down to one foam application in the morning, and one cream spironolactone application in the evening to compensate for the greasy over styled look of my hair. I think that ended up being a mistake as I think my hair looked a little thin afterward but it could be my imagination.

What I've been doing for the last 1-2 months is get back on the Foam 2x, but everything else I have continued faithfully.

I recently cut my hair short, and I will take some pics next week I have a great new camera. I can tell my hair is better than the last time i cut it this short, but I don't have the thick hair of a young man in his twenties, I have decent hair for a 40 yr old guy.

hey klink, long time no see, I hope you are doing well!

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
Glad that you come back, and with updates... :woot:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
awaiting for updated pics.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hehehe, I have to find my camera first.

I told myself I would stop the big3 on my one year anniversary of using them if I was not happy with the results, but I am so I am continuing on.

Without a doubt the addition of min foam to the propecia/finpecia I have been taking for about six years really helped a lot.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
klink said:
Hehehe, I have to find my camera first.

I told myself I would stop the big3 on my one year anniversary of using them if I was not happy with the results, but I am so I am continuing on.

Without a doubt the addition of min foam to the propecia/finpecia I have been taking for about six years really helped a lot.

Did your lower one Norwood scale yet?

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am not really familiar with the Norwood scale, so I can't answer that.

I will say that after a year, the big3 is a no brainer. I have been tapering off of my vitamins as well, so at this point I am just taking a multi-vitamin or a Maxi-Hair vitamin.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
klink said:
I am not really familiar with the Norwood scale, so I can't answer that.

I will say that after a year, the big3 is a no brainer. I have been tapering off of my vitamins as well, so at this point I am just taking a multi-vitamin or a Maxi-Hair vitamin.

would you say that your hair has improved though?