Kintor has started Phase 3 trial in China for Pyrilutamide

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
My question is, if this ends up working and get released to the market, could this be able to stop hair loss for people like me who is on dutasteride and oral minoxidil and still slowly losing ground or it wont be that powerful as dutasteride + oral min??? Could this be stacked with dutasteride and minoxidil for further efficacy?
Can be stacked, wont be as powerful as either of those though in my opinion. Topical AAs are not going to work as well as oral medications for most people, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can be stacked, wont be as powerful as either of those though in my opinion. Topical AAs are not going to work as well as oral medications for most people, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
As long as it can be stacked and stop my hairloss, I'm pretty fine with it.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Marketing based on reality. Anyway hope this won't turn out to be the next big flop.

I'm very cautious with everything coming from China though

China’s ‘paper mills’ are grinding out fake scientific research at an alarming rate​

Seeking promotions and financial rewards, doctors and researchers are fueling a thriving industry that produces bogus studies for cash

I'm not getting into this with you. You've shown countless times how you will cling to anything that confirms your biases.

The trials are on-going in the US under the FDA as well, so clearly they deemed the preclinical and phase 1 data from the US trials to be legitimate enough to approve further trials. Some out of context and irrelevant news story that basically says "China bad" isn't going to change that.

Last edited:

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol at your emotional response because I posted an article about how one of their phase III trials failed and the fact China has a big problem with fake science. I'm neutral, I'll wait for phase II results. But not everything that Kintor shits out is gold like you desperately want to believe.
Did you read the article, or just the headline? They weren't able to draw any conclusions on the efficacy of their drug because almost no one ended up getting sick enough from Covid that that they had to go to hospital.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you read the article, or just the headline? They weren't able to draw any conclusions on the efficacy of their drug because almost no one ended up getting sick enough from Covid that that they had to go to hospital.

Pigeon is right in the essence of what he is trying to say. It's not about the trial being invalid, it's about the fact that the patients who were recruited for the phase 3 trial weren't screened properly. You can't be in the research field and want to be considered a reputable company and be making "mistakes" like that. It could be interpreted that they tried to con their way through the trial by selecting patients who had a better chance of recovery. The 80% share price drop speaks for itself and big money surely knows that too.

I want Kintors treatments to work as much as every optimistic person here, but I believe we should all exercise caution too.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol at your emotional response because I posted an article about how one of their phase III trials failed and the fact China has a big problem with fake science. I'm neutral, I'll wait for phase II results. But not everything that Kintor shits out is gold like you desperately want to believe.
An emotional response is one that highlights how you can't be reasoned with and then proceeds to give you straight facts about the trials?

You didn't even bother to educate yourself on what happened with the phase 3 trials before coming on here to say they failed and post a random article about fake Chinese research papers. You're biased, that's it.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pigeon is right in the essence of what he is trying to say. It's not about the trial being invalid, it's about the fact that the patients who were recruited for the phase 3 trial weren't screened properly. You can't be in the research field and want to be considered a reputable company and be making "mistakes" like that. It could be interpreted that they tried to con their way through the trial by selecting patients who had a better chance of recovery. The 80% share price drop speaks for itself and big money surely knows that too.

I want Kintors treatments to work as much as every optimistic person here, but I believe we should all exercise caution too.
to be fair this was kind of not the intention of proxilutamide which aims to be a prostate cancer drug and not a covid drug, covid came very rapidly, its not like they planned this out 3 years aheas like you normally do in clinical research. still the methology was gwrbage

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I agree with what you're saying - it's really quite an amateurish error and is not a good look for Kintor. But to me it seemed like Pigeon was implying that they produced an ineffective drug, which is simply impossible to tell from their (lack of) results.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm... shouldn't the subjects not know how well the other participants in the trial are doing? If you hear ppl are regrowing hair, it can contribute to creating a placebo effect whether you're getting the placebo or the real deal.
Unless the primary outcome is patient self-assessment that doesn't matter. The trichoscope will tell how much hair they grew. The problem with that is if they aren't getting results they'll assume they are in the placebo group and start taking minoxidil.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless the primary outcome is patient self-assessment that doesn't matter. The trichoscope will tell how much hair they grew. The problem with that is if they aren't getting results they'll assume they are in the placebo group and start taking minoxidil.
Don't they sign a contract or something to only take that medication during the time the study is ongoing?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't they sign a contract or something to only take that medication during the time the study is ongoing?
People would never lie. Ever wonder why some of these placebo groups have hair count increases? It's because a few of them are lying. Sometimes it's seasonal, but humans don't have a great deal of seasonal hair growth

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If all goes well with the Chinese approval, how much longer would it take before it was approved in the US? Anyone have any ideas?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not saying they'd be fooled into thinking they regrew hair when they didn't, I'm saying hearing it works would induce or amplify a placebo effect, meaning an actual, real effect.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not saying they'd be fooled into thinking they regrew hair when they didn't, I'm saying hearing it works would induce or amplify a placebo effect, meaning an actual, real effect.
I'm not sure how you could placebo yourself into hair growth. I think this is impossible. Positive thinking won't grow hair. Of course it's amatuerish to allow trial subjects to talk to each other, but in the case of a hair loss trial I don't think it's such a big deal aside from side effects.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you could placebo yourself into hair growth. I think this is impossible. Positive thinking won't grow hair. Of course it's amatuerish to allow trial subjects to talk to each other, but in the case of a hair loss trial I don't think it's such a big deal aside from side effects.
The placebo effect doesn't just make people think they're experiencing something when they're not, it's not merely a mental phenomenon, it can have actual physical effects and remarkable ones, ones you wouldn't imagine could be the result of placebo. There ARE thing it can't do, IDK whether hair regrowth is on the list, but I highly doubt it, because there's just so many amazing effects it can have, regrowing balding hair seems like a minor feat in comparison.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The placebo effect doesn't just make people think they're experiencing something when they're not, it's not merely a mental phenomenon, it can have actual physical effects and remarkable ones, ones you wouldn't imagine could be the result of placebo. There ARE thing it can't do, IDK whether hair regrowth is on the list, but I highly doubt it, because there's just so many amazing effects it can have, regrowing balding hair seems like a minor feat in comparison.
Source? It can only induce things that can be psychological. If stress is a factor then placebo can help. Stress does not cause Androgenetic Alopecia. No placebo can reverse a genetic disease.

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Placebo effects mostly extend to psychological effects/perceptions in the user, they can't actually treat the disease itself. A participant in a pain-reliver study might report less pain even though he's effectively taking sugar pills, because the belief of taking the *right* medication can alter his perception of his pain levels, but in something such as a hair loss study you absolutely cannot fool yourself into growing hair as the disease itself is not concerned with the user's psychological state but with processes inside his body that he cannot control. You can't will your body in producing less DHT.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People without a medical background greatly exaggerate the ability of perception to alter bological function. These are the people who think prayer can cure their cancer so they forego chemotherapy. There are much more plausible explanations for placebo growth, as I previously mentioned. I was very happy when I started losing my hair. It came out of nowhere and was never expected. If changing my frame of mind, through reducing cortisol or whatever would have cured it then it never would've happened in the first place. This is pointless. When a hair loss drug actually works you will know. You won't have to debate endlessly about placebo effects and whether or not you see an improvement

And the same concept can actually be applied to the negative side effects of drugs, whereby people love to say ones sexual sides are "placebo bro" but if the only factor thats changed once someone started using a drug, was the use of the drug itself, and one of the side effects are sexual side effects, then its the drug that's the cause. I'm not mentioning any specific drug because there's a few we all know.