Ketoconazole Shampoo 2% + Aloe Vera (with pictures)

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I added the pure Aloe Juice, it doesn't do anything for hairloss. However, it does calm irritation from AA. I only use it in the summer though when my scalp has been exposed to the sun.

I've used the big three for 18 months at least on top of all these extra bits and my hair hasn't maintained at all tbh..

G

I think Aloe Vera juice and Aloe Vera gel has different effects on the scalp. If Aloe Vera can help baldness, it needs to be as pure as possible and in gel form. I am going to look for Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera as this is the closest to a fresh Aloe Vera plant that I can see.

JWM

Reaction score
I think this guy's success was likely due to his regular success of Nizoral.

G

The guy posted a story about another member and said he will post pics soon of himself. Well? Where is he? 2 years ago.... Good or bad, I want to know how he is doing. Anyone know how to get hold of him? He obviously isn't checking here anymore.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you any of you guys honestly believe the Aloe did this? Come on.

I think Aloe probably has some good SOD properties but COME ON.

If growth ACTUALLY occured, it was 99% Nizoral.

G

BoilerRoom said:

Are you actually suggesting Nizoral can grow that much hair on it's own? That sounds crazy to me.

Aloe Vera gel contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, Folic Acid and Niacin, as well as well as calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, chromium, magnesium, manganese, copper, and zinc among other things like amino acids.

- http://www.treelight.com/health/nutrition/AloeVera.html

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
goten574 said:
BoilerRoom said:

Are you actually suggesting Nizoral can grow that much hair on it's own? That sounds crazy to me.

Aloe Vera gel contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, Folic Acid and Niacin, as well as well as calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, chromium, magnesium, manganese, copper, and zinc among other things like amino acids.

- http://www.treelight.com/health/nutrition/AloeVera.html

If you think those vitamins grow hair then why don't you just crush up a multivitamin and put it in a neutral cream base like Dermovan?

I like Aloe. I use Aloe. I think it has anti-inflammatory properties but it would never grow THAT much hair. The trial results from Tricomin, which has growth stimuant and anti-inflammatory properties, weren't even that would.

Do a google image search of "2% Nizoral Results" and take a look at those photos. Ketoconazole can cause some pretty intense growth if you use it everyday.

G

BoilerRoom said:
If you think those vitamins grow hair then why don't you just crush up a multivitamin and put it in a neutral cream base like Dermovan?

I don't think vitamins can help much, if at all at growing hair for people suffering from male pattern baldness, although I believe they can contribute to it. In other forms of baldness, vitamins would help more, especially when the baldness is caused by vitamin deficiencies (rare but not impossible)

BoilerRoom said:
I like Aloe. I use Aloe. I think it has anti-inflammatory properties but it would never grow THAT much hair. The trial results from Tricomin, which has growth stimuant and anti-inflammatory properties, weren't even that would.

Do a google image search of "2% Nizoral Results" and take a look at those photos. Ketoconazole can cause some pretty intense growth if you use it everyday.

I listed some of the thing that Aloe has to show you just how many positive ingredients it has, many of which can benefit the hair. I don't know if Aloe can grow back hair (I really doubt it) but it has so much good things in it, that I just have to include it in my regimen.

When I told my Filipino friend who I've known for 4 years about my hair loss, she recommended I use Aloe Vera and Coconut oil several times a week. She said her grandfather was losing hair and it helped him regrow it. Does her grandfather suffer from male pattern baldness? no, it was hair loss due to old age, but Aloe did help him. Her sister also had thinning of the hair, and coconut with Aloe helped her hair grow it back.

I don't know anyone who uses just Nizoral on it's own, and the photos I see of Nizoral results are probably with finasteride and minoxidil as well.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know anyone who uses just Nizoral on it's own, and the photos I see of Nizoral results are probably with finasteride and minoxidil as well.

No, they are with JUST 2% Ketoconazole. The test subjects weren't allowed to use anything else.

rcom440

Reaction score
JWM said:
I think this guy's success was likely due to his regular success of Nizoral.

I agree with you. He's probably good Ketoconazole responder.
Aloe Vera won't do much for a hair loss.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Just shows that COX-2 has something to do with male pattern baldness. Both Aloe Vera and Ketoconazole inhibits Cyclooxygenase-2.

Nona29

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this thread!!! I did some research when I discovered this 3 quarter sized bald spot on my head. My hair stylist said it was Alopecia most likely caused from excessive stress. My bald spot was smooth like a baby's bottom with no hair strands coming out. I had never had hair loss before and searched and searched for information on what to do. I had already tried a few other things like Nexus and Jamaican Black Castor oil. I found this thread and a few other claims on the internet saying Aloe Vera gel from the plant aids regrowth due to the enzymes in the gel. Something about the enzymes stimulating the hair follicles/cells. So, I bought a Aloe Vera leaf from the grocery...cut it up and used the gel parts on my scalp. I also went and bought a small Aloe Vera plant and would take off the smaller limbs and use the gel from there as well. I can't lie within 2-3 weeks I finally started seeing progress. A few little hairs (peach fuzz) started emerging from the outer area of my bald spot. But my bald spot has been growing back and filling in slowly, but surely ever since. I of course do not know if it will work for everybody, but it's worth a shot and it's a cheap option. I bought the leaf at the grocery store for less than $2 and the plant at a local nursery for less than $10. You can try it alone or with any current regime you are using to see if it gives things a boost. I have been taking pictures of my progress since this happened to me...I found the whole thing to be pretty traumatic at first because I was afraid it would be permanent hair loss. I also believe taking enough/lots of protein helps as well. I read enough to know that as long as your hair follicles are still ALIVE (though they may be dormant) that regrowth is possible.