Keto Diet Thoughts & What Do You Follow?

sb591

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about going on a keto diet for someone with hairloss?

Do you think that the higher fat would increase dht, and increase hairloss?

What diet/lifestyle plan do you follow? (macros)

Thanks.

el_duterino

Reaction score
I follow the keto diet - not all the time, no impact on hair loss. In fact we know that diet has very low impact on hairloss in general .homeless people have great hair usually.

Make sure you consume good fats, not the saturated fats because you will run into other health issues like high cholesterol down the line

if you do weightlifting, keto is not very good. Good on rest days, but for lifting and muscle building you will need some carbs

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I follow the keto diet - not all the time, no impact on hair loss. In fact we know that diet has very low impact on hairloss in general .homeless people have great hair usually.

Make sure you consume good fats, not the saturated fats because you will run into other heath issues like high cholesterol down the line

if you do weightlifting, keto is not very good. Good on rest days, but for lifting you will need carbs
Homeless don’t consume loads of meat and 3rd worlds fast food. They’ve good hair from the high estrogen and no shampoo.

el_duterino

Reaction score
yes hormones will play a role and not diet. Protein would be good for hair so loads of meat isn't going to hurt but again even malnourished people aren't loosing hair so diet has pretty much zero effect ..will run into a lot of other issues before loosing hair

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think high sugar or anything for that matter that increases inflammation is detrimental to hair. It has to set off the immune response, which creates the itch. Low sugar,fat, high fiber veg is key. It’s been proven high animal fats increase hormones.

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
I do keto for the mental clarity and good overall mood. But it sucks if you wanna gain weight, it's so hard to eat that caloric surplus, especially over time, when you stop being hungry...

Great for weight loss though, I'm wasting away right now, lol.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Intermittent fasting :D Don't eat til 6 pm, and then eat whatever the f*** you want lol. Just make sure you get enough protein while staying at a caloric deficit.

sdaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need to go 'keto' per say but insulin sensitivity i believe definitively plays a role in hair loss.
Lowering your carbs and sugar intake will be beneficial for both your overall health and your hairs.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do keto for the mental clarity and good overall mood. But it sucks if you wanna gain weight, it's so hard to eat that caloric surplus, especially over time, when you stop being hungry...

Great for weight loss though, I'm wasting away right now, lol.
That’s my problem, same thing happens to me, I lose weight easy and it doesn’t suit me,in the body no,in the face yes!

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
#MeToo
Mirin' those hobos hairlines and density sometimes, this has been the ultimate proof to me than bad habits do sh*t on hair, and it will regrow
Homeless people usually can’t afford rich carb loaded foods, they are alcos and have great hair from the estrogen in the beer etc.. or they were born with it.

INT

Reaction score
Homeless people usually can’t afford rich carb loaded foods, they are alcos and have great hair from the estrogen in the beer etc.. or they were born with it.

I hope you are kidding.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of homeless bald, I wouldn't put any stock in homelessness being a factor.
Personally I think avoiding carbs is unhealthy, can probably raise cortisol levels

Mainly Keto is used by crossfit cultists that don't know anything. Low carb is good for fat loss

INT

Reaction score
A lot of homeless bald, I wouldn't put any stock in homelessness being a factor.
Personally I think avoiding carbs is unhealthy, can probably raise cortisol levels

Mainly Keto is used by crossfit cultists that don't know anything. Low carb is good for fat loss

Exactly. The only proven health outcomes of a keto diet is fat loss for people with issues with controlling their caloric intake and epilepsy.

Based on many meta analyses I have read, the best overall health outcomes seem to come from mostly plant-based diets that are usually high in carbs.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. The only proven health outcomes of a keto diet is fat loss for people with issues with controlling their caloric intake and epilepsy.

Based on many meta analyses I have read, the best overall health outcomes seem to come from mostly plant-based diets that are usually high in carbs.
Is there a reason to avoid meat besides ethics?
Don't forget protein, it's a different diet but fruitarians are pretty soft people

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just hit macros...make sure u get at least 1 gram protein.. get about a little less than half of good fat and whatever calories you have left is up to you. If you're trying to lose fat, consume less than mainteance. Try and put on some muscle. Eat slightly bove mainteance and go slowly