Just Tried Regenera Activa Stem Cell Microtransplant In Uk

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you? How long was the hair that regrew gone for?

I'm 35 and mine started at 25. 25 to 28 was basically all of my diffuse thinning and then it balanced out. Started treatment (finasteride, minoxidil, vitamins) at 32. I've managed to get back to where I was at 27. I have hair literally all over my scalp, but a good amount of it right down the center and at crown are very miniaturized. Makes concealers very effective, I wonder how much regrowth I could see since I have no slick spots.

What was healing like? Only reason I haven't gotten a transplant is because I pull off the illusion of a full head lf haid and having to shave it would take that away.

I'm 41, started losing hair when I was 18. I have very, very fine hair naturally, so it's always been tough to get a true sense of my hair loss.

I've had 3 x hair transplants at the hairline, one at 29, one at 32, one at 37. Have been on finasteride for roughly 15 years. I did try dutasteride for 18 months, but I've experimented with returning to finasteride since Xmas. Actually, my hair hasn't felt so good at the front over the last month, possibly linked to switching drugs, possibly linked to my hairdresser layering my hair too much behind my hairline.

And yes, like you, I've sworn by concealers. I've been able to maintain a longish hairstyle for last 10 years with very little hint of hairloss other than having a high hairline. It is getting very slightly tougher again though!

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my girlfriend says my hair is thicker and I can see a bit of improvement in the photos. We tried very hard to recreate the same way the hair fell, same angle etc.
ok so basically not worth it at all

better keep taking aa's

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so basically not worth it at all

better keep taking aa's

Well, I'm saying that my situation appears to have improved a little compared to how it did 8 months ago. As Pigeon said above, it depends what your expectations and hopes are.

I've been taking the meds for 15+ years, and my personal experience is that they possibly/probably slowed my hair loss but they certainly haven't stopped or reversed it.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I'm saying that my situation appears to have improved a little compared to how it did 8 months ago. As Pigeon said above, it depends what your expectations and hopes are.

I've been taking the meds for 15+ years, and my personal experience is that they possibly/probably slowed my hair loss but they certainly haven't stopped or reversed it.

Thanks for updating us mate - your last photo does look like an improvement although the lighting is also slightly different so its hard to properly gauge.

Either way you don't seem any worse off at the crown which, depending on the rate your were losing hair before the procedure, is a success.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for updating us mate - your last photo does look like an improvement although the lighting is also slightly different so its hard to properly gauge.

Either way you don't seem any worse off at the crown which, depending on the rate your were losing hair before the procedure, is a success.

Thanks Centurie. I did try to recreate the lighting as best we could. I've been largely going by my girlfriend's monitoring. She said the hair was thicker and that she could see lots of baby hairs growing (which I forgot to mention). Obviously, I can't see that for myself, unfortunately!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thanks Centurie. I did try to recreate the lighting as best we could. I've been largely going by my girlfriend's monitoring. She said the hair was thicker and that she could see lots of baby hairs growing (which I forgot to mention). Obviously, I can't see that for myself, unfortunately!
At least it did not get worse. I would say the results seem very similar to what you would expect with PRP. If you improve more in the next 6 months I would say it was even slightly better than what you would expect from PRP. You are very lucky to not have gray hair in your 40's. If your hair remains stable for years without having to do it again, it was well worth it.

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, and this is just my take, the biopsies are rather large to "not be relevant." Considering the fact that this is not regrowing hair where hair is lost and at best is a temporary maintenance option for a relatively decent sum of money, I don't think it's worth it, at least for me and my situation.
FUE transplants excise roughly 0.8mm punches on average. This uses 2.5-3.0mm punches, that's around 3-4 times the size of punches, of course, yeah, they only do 3-9 punches per treatment, compared to thousands with FUE, but FUE guarantees to move hair while this at best tries to promote that the stem cells from the biopsies will thicken existing hair and sprout a few new ones potentially. I dunno man, I really don't wanna dig into my scalp either way, but I'll need to see more promising things than this in order to get on board. I'm NW5-total scalp diffuse by the way.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im still very interested in this but im stil going to wait for more results before considering it, it's not THAT expensive i guess so maybe i should just take the plunge.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't your regimen working for you? Duta, spironolactone, minoxidil, needling.

Im currently taking letrozole to get rid of the gyno i got from 200mg spironolactone and that is wreaking havoc on my hair right now, i intend on lowering the dosage to 100mg and hope i don't get gyno at that dosage. I need to give my regimen a solid year, if i still don't see an increase in density i don't know what my other options are tbh. If i got severe gyno from 200mg spironolactone i doubt i could handle estradiol so i will need to look at alternatives like this procedure, but hopefully come december or so my hair will have improved, right now toppik is doing a fantastic job at making my crown look dense though.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's absolutely crazy man. I doubt regenera would really help in your case (although you never know!)

Atleast you tried everything.

Yeah i really wish i didn't have to go to such extremes to save my hair, but it's too important to me. The shed from letrozole is absolutely brutal though, im just going to take it for another few weeks and hope my gyno has reduced, i have already been on it a month so far with some minor improvement. My chest isn't sensitive or anything at all at 100mg, so i think that dosage of spironolactone would be safe for me and i won't develop gyno. I have been on dutasteride since november 2018 and oral min since october 2018, there has been some improvement but nothing radical, crown is still extremely thin.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can get maintenance one way or another, fill up the rest with a transplant. Hope you can achieve maintenance.

I definitely think i will maintain on my current regimen once i have stopped letrozole and all the hair i have shed comes back of course, but i really don't think im a good candidate for a transplant right now tbh. I don't think there would be many surgeons willing to give me one since it's extremely diffuse.

Last edited:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
The point is to hook patients with the doctor using unproven cutting edging snake oil then after patient spent thousand of dollors with a discount, patient is recommended to proceed to FUT/FUE and the vicious circle starts till patient dies.

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK here is my update.

Not sure when I done it exactly. You can look back at when I announce to do it. Think it was about 2+ months ago.

Just some info about my situation:
Used Finasteride for 15+ years, then found out about the sides that trickled into my system over the years and how it had been effecting me big time for years. I quit and it took me 3+ months (with help from doctors) to get rid of the extreme sides and even more the withdrawal that came with quitting with Finasteride (see online for Finasteride syndrome). Any way after that was all good again I tried PRP but that was a total waste of my money and time.

Finasteride by the way did do wonders for my hair. But unfortunately changed me in a social retard and almost killed me. When I quit finasteride my hair started falling out like crazy again. Got thinner fast (front and back)!

Anyway I was left with nothing and tried Regenera Activa because the doctor promised me NO Sides and good results.
So basically it is the only thing I am "on".

My Verdict.
I see my hair structure being less thin. Also less hair is falling out. It is what PRP promised to be but was not. Is it the solution? No, not yet. But for the first time in my life I am very confident that they/we will get to a permanent solution. It may not be this but they are close. They need to tweak this or come with something new. Whatever, but this technique is getting us closer. I love the fact that it does not touch my hormone system or puts something in my body that is not mine.

I even think I maybe could hold my hair stable for 6 month or maybe a year (who knows). To soon to say but based on what I am seeing now it could be. I will keep you guys posted.

I have good weeks and sometimes some bad days. It really can go both ways but across the board its all better. The bad days are not as bad as they were and the good are just better.

RA is not bad, I would have done it again. And when it keeps going like this I would do it again after a year hoping for something new really solving it coming into the market in the meantime. I would say its (up until now) having a sort of "Finasteride light" effect. So yes it did work in my case. At least until now.

Good to know:
- I had 9 biopsies instead of 3. This is because 3 is NEVER enough to get enough material to cover your whole head. So yes that is 3 procedures in one go. I demanded this and I believe so should you. It does not cost a lot more time ..
- In my case the doctor made 3mm biopsies (not 2.5 mm which is way smaller. 3 mm is actually twice as much material as 2mm).
- Make sure to stitch the scars even if its small (3mm) read online about scaring and biopsies above 2.5mm stitching is recommended. This will save you recovery time and may save you a scar.
- Do NOT go to work for 2/3 days. Take rest. You will not be able to do sports for at least 1 week (maybe even 2).
- Even when doing 3 times as much work (9 biopsies, so 3 time centrifuge) it still took the doctor not even 45 minutes to finish it all. The price you should pay should never be more than about 1000 EUR. I bargained it to 1400 EUR but knowing what I know now .. I would try to go lower .. It is really a simple procedure .. Expect costs to get lower and lower fast ..
-Make sure you work with experts (even now that the procedure is simple), you need to know everything is sterile etc. There is a lot of blood involved and it needs to be done correctly to avoid infections. The pain is not that bad.
- Many places to get this done, do not settle for the first place in your country (maybe a country nearby has much lower prices). Germany for example has multiple places.

I will not be answering questions, please just look back at (my) previous posts .. I am sure its all in there ..
Also understand I am not a doctor and the above is not advice. You need to talk to a doctor before doing anything.

Good luck.

Quick update. Still the same as reported before. Just little more confidence that this could work for me, because of less "bad days".

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update. Still the same as reported before. Just little more confidence that this could work for me, because of less "bad days".

UPDATE

Still the same, but again a bit better. Much fewer bad days and each hair looks thicker and scalp just feels much better.

I think I had it done somewhere end of nov 2019 (look at how it was done in the string of this post). So almost 6 months now. When this keeps on going like this for another 6 months I would call regenera activa an absolute success (for me)!

Still don't know of course how the rest of the year will be. Things can always flip around fast. And, by the way, we also don't know how many time you can keep doing this and have the same results. So perhaps it only works the first time ?! Don't know.

Also am wondering how the others are doing. Updates ? I believe his name was Alexander ? Can you give us an update too ? thanks.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE

Still the same, but again a bit better. Much fewer bad days and each hair looks thicker and scalp just feels much better.

I think I had it done somewhere end of nov 2019 (look at how it was done in the string of this post). So almost 6 months now. When this keeps on going like this for another 6 months I would call regenera activa an absolute success (for me)!

Still don't know of course how the rest of the year will be. Things can always flip around fast. And, by the way, we also don't know how many time you can keep doing this and have the same results. So perhaps it only works the first time ?! Don't know.

Also am wondering how the others are doing. Updates ? I believe his name was Alexander ? Can you give us an update too ? thanks.

I did it too. 7 months ago now, it never did a god damn thing, not even slow shedding.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
Update from me.
Although it seemed to have some really positive effects in the beginning, like hair feeling stronger and scalp feeling healthier, it has completely leveled out. I'm now back at the point where I was before I had the procedure. All in all it has been a disappointment to be honest. Especially when the first months were very promising. I feel it was just a temporary boost for the scalp but the stem cells/nutrients/whatever have just depleted. To repeat it would be too expensive and I just can't keep cutting pieces out of my neck. Too bad, I really had my hopes up for this one....

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update from me.
Although it seemed to have some really positive effects in the beginning, like hair feeling stronger and scalp feeling healthier, it has completely leveled out. I'm now back at the point where I was before I had the procedure. All in all it has been a disappointment to be honest. Especially when the first months were very promising. I feel it was just a temporary boost for the scalp but the stem cells/nutrients/whatever have just depleted. To repeat it would be too expensive and I just can't keep cutting pieces out of my neck. Too bad, I really had my hopes up for this one....

Time to go back and have another session where they continue pulling out follicles in your donor area, grind them and injecr! :) rinse lather and repeat.

To be honest I am surprised people put hopes in these unproven snake oil treatments. It can only results in disappointment and waste of money.

Last edited: