Just Tried Regenera Activa Stem Cell Microtransplant In Uk

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How does the STEM cell manipulation compare to the orthopedic treatments done in Europe/Panama I’m a desperate aggressive diffuse thinner trying to get this done in Madrid in January.

As a fellow desperate aggressive diffuse thinner who has had this done, this won't really help you. At least don't rely on it as a solo treatment.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
As a fellow desperate aggressive diffuse thinner who has had this done, this won't really help you. At least don't rely on it as a solo treatment.
Is it just another PRP instance where the trauma alone might trigger some activity similar to micro needling.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it just another PRP instance where the trauma alone might trigger some activity similar to micro needling.

That's clutching at straws... Considering microneedling needs thousands of not tens of thousands of wounds, this is a few dozen at most with a much larger needle.

I just believe the concentration of functional cells is too low in the suspension to do any good for remotely aggressive hair loss.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick update:
Still going strong. Almost zero hairloss (about 5 hairs come out after showering). Before it was 30+ hairs. Bald spot seems to be filling in (very) slowly. The most obvious effect is that my hair and scalp seem alive and healthy; hairs stand up more and I believe that this also creates more volume. Anyway, the spring and summer are always devastating for my hair. So I will have to wait and see what happens in the coming months.

Curious about the experiences of other users. Can anyone update?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update:
Still going strong. Almost zero hairloss (about 5 hairs come out after showering). Before it was 30+ hairs. Bald spot seems to be filling in (very) slowly. The most obvious effect is that my hair and scalp seem alive and healthy; hairs stand up more and I believe that this also creates more volume. Anyway, the spring and summer are always devastating for my hair. So I will have to wait and see what happens in the coming months.

Curious about the experiences of other users. Can anyone update?

It's still done nothing for me, thinner than ever.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you try fina/duta? If so did that work or any other treatment you tried?

finasteride 6 months, might have been helping because the shed when I came off was absolute hell - not that I ever stopped shedding heavily while on it

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why arent lots of people discussing this new treatment on this forum.

What's the difference between this and Replicel?
How long do the results last? How often do you need to have this procedure done?
Just joined and I would have expected stem cell treatment to be all over as I see that it's jumped from just vie to at least half a dozen companies across the UK.

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK here is my update.

Not sure when I done it exactly. You can look back at when I announce to do it. Think it was about 2+ months ago.

Just some info about my situation:
Used Finasteride for 15+ years, then found out about the sides that trickled into my system over the years and how it had been effecting me big time for years. I quit and it took me 3+ months (with help from doctors) to get rid of the extreme sides and even more the withdrawal that came with quitting with Finasteride (see online for Finasteride syndrome). Any way after that was all good again I tried PRP but that was a total waste of my money and time.

Finasteride by the way did do wonders for my hair. But unfortunately changed me in a social retard and almost killed me. When I quit finasteride my hair started falling out like crazy again. Got thinner fast (front and back)!

Anyway I was left with nothing and tried Regenera Activa because the doctor promised me NO Sides and good results.
So basically it is the only thing I am "on".

My Verdict.
I see my hair structure being less thin. Also less hair is falling out. It is what PRP promised to be but was not. Is it the solution? No, not yet. But for the first time in my life I am very confident that they/we will get to a permanent solution. It may not be this but they are close. They need to tweak this or come with something new. Whatever, but this technique is getting us closer. I love the fact that it does not touch my hormone system or puts something in my body that is not mine.

I even think I maybe could hold my hair stable for 6 month or maybe a year (who knows). To soon to say but based on what I am seeing now it could be. I will keep you guys posted.

I have good weeks and sometimes some bad days. It really can go both ways but across the board its all better. The bad days are not as bad as they were and the good are just better.

RA is not bad, I would have done it again. And when it keeps going like this I would do it again after a year hoping for something new really solving it coming into the market in the meantime. I would say its (up until now) having a sort of "Finasteride light" effect. So yes it did work in my case. At least until now.

Good to know:
- I had 9 biopsies instead of 3. This is because 3 is NEVER enough to get enough material to cover your whole head. So yes that is 3 procedures in one go. I demanded this and I believe so should you. It does not cost a lot more time ..
- In my case the doctor made 3mm biopsies (not 2.5 mm which is way smaller. 3 mm is actually twice as much material as 2mm).
- Make sure to stitch the scars even if its small (3mm) read online about scaring and biopsies above 2.5mm stitching is recommended. This will save you recovery time and may save you a scar.
- Do NOT go to work for 2/3 days. Take rest. You will not be able to do sports for at least 1 week (maybe even 2).
- Even when doing 3 times as much work (9 biopsies, so 3 time centrifuge) it still took the doctor not even 45 minutes to finish it all. The price you should pay should never be more than about 1000 EUR. I bargained it to 1400 EUR but knowing what I know now .. I would try to go lower .. It is really a simple procedure .. Expect costs to get lower and lower fast ..
-Make sure you work with experts (even now that the procedure is simple), you need to know everything is sterile etc. There is a lot of blood involved and it needs to be done correctly to avoid infections. The pain is not that bad.
- Many places to get this done, do not settle for the first place in your country (maybe a country nearby has much lower prices). Germany for example has multiple places.

I will not be answering questions, please just look back at (my) previous posts .. I am sure its all in there ..
Also understand I am not a doctor and the above is not advice. You need to talk to a doctor before doing anything.

Good luck.

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any discussion on scars and impact on donor area should an FUE be needed in the future? Are the punches small enough to avoid real damage?

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any discussion on scars and impact on donor area should an FUE be needed in the future? Are the punches small enough to avoid real damage?

I have hair covering it, so i cannot see how the skin looks (I do not see a scar if I try to find one). I do not see anything anymore of it.

But that said, I do not believe this is relevant at all. Just too small for that. Maybe if you do this 20 times it will be more relevant. Anyway just ask for a stitch or glue or whatever (have an anti scar strategy lined up with your doctor) and it should be fine.

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing I would like to add. If you are bald this will not help you. What is gone will not come back with this (at least that is how it looks in my case at this point). It is more to manage what you have. I would imagine it could be something that will be done standard after a hair-transplant.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
Another quick update.

Effect seems to be leveling off, getting no better and no worse. Still in far better shape than before I started. Spring/summer coming up; this is usually a period in which I get heavy shedding. Curious to see if this happens this year or not.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

Original poster here. Sorry for the super long delay in posting these, but these are photos of me before treatment, at 2-3 months, and at 6.5 months after treatment (taken over Xmas). I've tried to replicate the lighting and angle and exact way hair has fallen in each photo.

My girlfriend had been monitoring my progress and she says that there has been some increase in thickness around the crown area, which is encouraging. Generally, I've just tried to put my hair loss out of my mind and get on with things.

The treatment was performed at Vie Aesthetics in Rayleigh, Essex, UK.

June 19 - hair.jpg

Aug 19 - hair.jpg

Dec19 - hair.jpg

Last edited:

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

Original poster here. Sorry for the super long delay in posting these, but these are photos of me before treatment, at 2-3 months, and at 6.5 months after treatment (taken over Xmas). I've tried to replicate the lighting and angle and exact way hair has fallen in each photo.

My girlfriend had been monitoring my progress and she says that there has been some increase in thickness around the crown area, which is encouraging. Generally, I've just tried to put my hair loss out of my mind and get on with things.

The treatment was performed at Vie Aesthetics in Rayleigh, Essex, UK.

From what I can tell it does look better. I just don't think this is an option for people further into their loss. If I did this as regular maintenance since 25 I can see this being beneficial, but I don't think that would work as a reset button for us that are 10 years into their fight.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I can tell it does look better. I just don't think this is an option for people further into their loss. If I did this as regular maintenance since 25 I can see this being beneficial, but I don't think that would work as a reset button for us that are 10 years into their fight.

Well, I'm 23 years into my fight against hairloss believe it or not. But yes, I think this only treatment is only going to work on areas where there is still hair.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I'm 23 years into my fight against hairloss believe it or not. But yes, I think this only treatment is only going to work on areas where there is still hair.

How old are you? How long was the hair that regrew gone for?

I'm 35 and mine started at 25. 25 to 28 was basically all of my diffuse thinning and then it balanced out. Started treatment (finasteride, minoxidil, vitamins) at 32. I've managed to get back to where I was at 27. I have hair literally all over my scalp, but a good amount of it right down the center and at crown are very miniaturized. Makes concealers very effective, I wonder how much regrowth I could see since I have no slick spots.

What was healing like? Only reason I haven't gotten a transplant is because I pull off the illusion of a full head lf haid and having to shave it would take that away.