Just Tried Regenera Activa Stem Cell Microtransplant In Uk

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it (somehow) speeds up hair growth. Some say it's by synchronizing growth cycles and other by opening up potassium channels. Anyway, your hair starts to grow and (as I have experienced) after a while it stops working as well.

Perhaps minoxidil does stop working after a time, but simply speeding up growth couldn't deplete the hair cells any quicker as they don't have some finite number of times they can replicate. In healthy people with low androgen sensitivity they just keep going and replicating as long as the nutrients are there.

Not picking an argument here, just that your theory is a bit strange as the mechanisms of androgenic deterioration and the proposed methods by which minoxidil accelerates growth are very separate.

I'd think of it more as minoxidil getting the most out of the cells that are there, and after a certain point they're just beyond help.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
This procedure apparently works by adding stem cells to the top of the scalp that can then turn into hair follicles (or strengthen remaining hair follicles). That means that in androgenic hairloss, DHT not only causes the hair follicles to deteriorate (shrink), but also causes the depletion of stem cells that can turn into hair follicles. So the top of the scalp turns into skin that doesn't contain enough follicle forming stem cells to sustain hair.

If the above is the case, using minoxidil would only be a short boost, depleting the remaining stem cells even faster. This could also explain why minoxidil stops working after a year or so. And finasteride only makes the DHT stop attacking the follicles, but does nothing about the (by then) severely depleted skin not being able to create new hair follicles.

Your thoughts?

It doesn’t work by making new follicles . It literally just revitalises damaged follicles back to health.

minoxidil only works for a limited time because the increase in blood flow is only enough to overcome the damaging effects of androgens until the damage from them progresses further.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The treatment sounds very exciting and I am very tempted to try it, but I would love to see more pictures of results. If it's so big in Singapore like I read here, one would think there would be more pictures available. Anyone from Singapore that can find and post some perhaps?

I am wondering about the price though. Doesn't a single prp procedure cost like 200-300 euros or something? This takes even less time to perform, so why does it cost like 1250 euros and up? Just wondering. Maybe it's cheaper in Turkey?

Last edited:

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The treatment sounds very exciting and I am very tempted to try it, but I would love to see more pictures of results. If it's so big in Singapore like I read here, one would think there would be more pictures available. Anyone from Singapore that can find and post some perhaps?

I am wondering about the price though. Doesn't a single prp procedure cost like 200-300 euros or something? This takes even less time to perform, so why does it cost like 1250 euros and up? Just wondering. Maybe it's cheaper in Turkey?

They can charge that much because people are willing to pay it. It's not cheaper in Turkey.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this actually works, then more and more clinics will offer this, in due time the price will fall. It's already a bit over 1000 euros in europe in some clinics.

The procedure is quite simple too, the price could get a lot lower than what it is now.

For what it's worth the clinic in Hungary intends to raise their price soon

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah not slowing down in the slightest - though I don't keep count. I think this might be helpful for people with relatively stable hair loss but if it's aggressive like mine it won't make much of a dent.

Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. And sorry if you already answered this, but what type of hairless are you currently suffering? And where did you expect to gain hair; the hairline or crown? Did you complain to the clinic that did the procedure?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. And sorry if you already answered this, but what type of hairless are you currently suffering? And where did you expect to gain hair; the hairline or crown? Did you complain to the clinic that did the procedure?

I posted pictures earlier. Not too bothered with hairline but temple and crown thinning is getting quite concerning.
No I haven't because a) it's only been 2 weeks and b) it wouldn't solve anything because they make it very clear it doesn't work for everyone in order to absolve them of any responsibilities over results.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll probably try it before the end of the year. My hair isn't that bad at the moment. Slight thinning in some areas, but something like a hair transplant wouldn't be ideal for me at the moment.

I'm also needling every 2-3 weeks and using min 2x a day, so hopefully this will be a good addition. I just want to thicken my hair.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll probably try it before the end of the year. My hair isn't that bad at the moment. Slight thinning in some areas, but something like a hair transplant wouldn't be ideal for me at the moment.

I'm also needling every 2-3 weeks and using min 2x a day, so hopefully this will be a good addition. I just want to thicken my hair.

I'm in a similar boat to you I guess but probably a bit further along. Still definitely not a good transplant candidate. Not sure I can trust this to combat loss so extremely tempted to start min - potentially even low dose oral as the liquid makes the hair I have look awful and greasy.

Really just trying to buy time until a good cell-based treatment becomes available.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please stay in your containment zone.

For other people reading this. This person said he had no problem turning into a woman if it could save his hair, doesn't want kids,... Someone who is on a strong hormone therapy with all of the risks involved. He's taking estradiol, bica and duta in other words he's taking a transexual treatment to save his hair.

No need to say more I think.

@Throwaway94 you're a NW1,5 with a thinning vertex I see. But we'll see in a few months if it really worked for you or not, shedding doesn't mean it's not working.

You're not wrong there but the clinic do point out that for the people for whom the treatment works, the first thing they notice is a reduction in shedding. Since I don't keep count I could be quite wrong though.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair used to look like sh*t when I applied minoxidil too, but ever since I started needling (close to a year now) my hair feels much stronger and there is a clear improvement. So when I apply minoxidil now, my hair doesn't look that bad.

You could also try the foam version, but I don't think it's as effective as the liquid one.

Been on min close to 9 years now and still have a decent amount of hair.

I would definitely give it a shot. Just would never touch finasteride personally.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please stay in your containment zone.

For other people reading this. This person said he had no problem turning into a woman if it could save his hair, doesn't want kids,... Someone who is on a strong hormone therapy with all of the risks involved. He's taking estradiol, bica and duta in other words he's taking a transexual treatment to save his hair.

No need to say more I think.

@Throwaway94 you're a NW1,5 with a thinning vertex I see. But we'll see in a few months if it really worked for you or not, shedding doesn't mean it's not working.

I'm allowed to state the truth, which is that this a thread of false hope. They are sprouting literal butt hairs, and the commenters here are acting as if it's some sort of revolutionary treatment. Although, how's your Zix progress doing, honey? Care to share any images?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no revolutionary treatment at the moment.

It's just another treatment to combat hairloss.