Just Tried Regenera Activa Stem Cell Microtransplant In Uk

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
Acell doesn't use your own stemcells though. Regenera uses the stemcells from hair follicles. Are there any legit results from acell? I haven't seen any here.

Edit: check this out, this doctor claims to stop "99% of hairloss" with Acell + PRP.

https://nyhairloss.com/hair-regeneration/acell-prp-case-studies/

Watch the video.

And this is the only decent thread I fount on HairLossTalk.com about PRP/Acell: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/prp-and-acell-review-by-dr-cole.100554/

Some had good/ok results other did not. Seems to be 50/50

These pics don't look convincing imo. Nothing close to what the regenera pics have showed.

I'm close to trying it. Only thing I'm worried about is the (small) scars on the back of my head and if it will create a shed.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
I found this clinic in Berlin too
https://www.capital-aesthetics.de/micro-haartransplantation
They got some photos on their website, I think those are their patients too, because I never saw those photos before.
I think that I will take the plunge soon !

Pics look great again!!!! What makes me positive is the fact that there are so many different pics. All the clinics seem to use their own pics (from their own clients). Could this be the thing we have been waiting for?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got it done at the Hungarian clinic. I'd like to encourage everyone to remain sceptical. The people at the clinic themselves are perfectly aware it's no miracle treatment, though I did get to see some photos from their own patients after confronting them about the dodgy brochure from the head office that's supplied to the franchisees.

One of a younger man had reasonable maintenance (NW2-3 w/ thinning at temples and crown) over a year and they said he was not on any other treatments. One lady with no noticeable difference to my eyes but was apparently happy with the results.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
Got it done at the Hungarian clinic. I'd like to encourage everyone to remain sceptical. The people at the clinic themselves are perfectly aware it's no miracle treatment, though I did get to see some photos from their own patients after confronting them about the dodgy brochure from the head office that's supplied to the franchisees.

One of a younger man had reasonable maintenance (NW2-3 w/ thinning at temples and crown) over a year and they said he was not on any other treatments. One lady with no noticeable difference to my eyes but was apparently happy with the results.

Thanks for the update. Can I ask you a couple of questions?

How much you paid for it?
How are the extraction points of the follicles? Bloody? Do you have to cover it with a bandage?
How painful were the injections?
Did they say anything about shock loss or shedding?

Hope you get great regrowth!

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool man, you happy with your experience at that hungarian clinic?

And yeah, if we get maintenance from this alone, that would be a success imo.

Yes they were very friendly and attentive, spent loads of extra time talking about hair loss in general and other treatments, did their best to answer questions - though my guy was not a medical doctor unfortunately.

Obviously I won't have any results for some time but at the rate my hair was getting worse, I should have a very good idea of if it's helping in three months or so. Sorry I don't count hairs or anything like that so can't offer shedding reduction statistics etc.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Can I ask you a couple of questions?

How much you paid for it?
How are the extraction points of the follicles? Bloody? Do you have to cover it with a bandage?
How painful were the injections?
Did they say anything about shock loss or shedding?

Hope you get great regrowth!

The price is on their website. 1250 euros and they only offer with two PRP sessions together as they feel they get better results this way.

Couldn't see blood because... Well my eyes are in the front of my head, but they stitch up the holes and cover that with some butterfly stitch tape. Also sent me home with extra tape so I think it must have been a bit messier than they intended.

Pain is pretty low in my list of concerns but they numb everything with local anaesthesia first so all very very tolerable.

They mentioned that they saw much less shock loss / initial shedding from this and from their activated PRP than what they used to see from a lot of their regular PRP customers. I pray there's no shedding from this but will let you know.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You really think a cheap effective treatment would go completely unnoticed by mainstream media and just pop up out of nowhere?

Not a chance. Glorified PRP.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, did you actually read the thread?

I did, and I know you’re not going to agree with me because you’re heavily in favour of this and that’s fine. What i see is a sharp contrast between the photos you found online, and the photos one of these guys got from an actual clinic that administers this treatment. We have no way of knowing if this was combined with finasteride and minoxidil.

Oral or topical finasteride is in my opinion still the most effective treatment.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You really think a cheap effective treatment would go completely unnoticed by mainstream media and just pop up out of nowhere?

Not a chance. Glorified PRP.

It's relatively new, not very cheap for what it is and has a marginally more biologically sound explanation for why it might work. I think PRP is a load of shite but this has some limited potential as it's basically a very low concentration stem cell injection therapy, like RCH-01 or what HairClone has in the works but less concentrated as the cells aren't cultured.

Again it's no miracle treatment but could buy some time as a portion of the cells injected are viable progenitor cells, which can trigger the signalling required in the remaining follicles in balding areas to help them through another healthy cycle.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did, and I know you’re not going to agree with me because you’re heavily in favour of this and that’s fine. What i see is a sharp contrast between the photos you found online, and the photos one of these guys got from an actual clinic that administers this treatment. We have no way of knowing if this was combined with finasteride and minoxidil.

Oral or topical finasteride is in my opinion still the most effective treatment.

Agreed we should under no circumstances expect results similar to what's in the pictures provided by the company responsible for Regenera Activa. There were no exclusion criteria for other treatments in their studies and the supplementary information they provide is incredibly suspect.

I wish finasteride was an option for me as I believe it did slow down my hair loss a bit (was definitely still losing hair but as soon as I stopped taking it all hell broke loose) but the side effects were not OK.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You said it did not garner mainstream media attention. That's false, check:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...oesnt-just-prevent-hair-loss-reverses-it.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9699106/baldness-cure-stem-cell-treatment-reverse-hair-loss/

And it's not close to PRP at all.

We just need to trial this ourselves, since yes we don't know how legit these pictures are.

Hope you have no side effects with topical fina, some still do though.

Those articles were clearly sponsored...

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You said it did not garner mainstream media attention. That's false, check:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...oesnt-just-prevent-hair-loss-reverses-it.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9699106/baldness-cure-stem-cell-treatment-reverse-hair-loss/

And it's not close to PRP at all.

We just need to trial this ourselves, since yes we don't know how legit these pictures are.

Hope you have no side effects with topical fina, some still do though.

Those are fair examples of media coverage, however I’m still not sold considering the lack of coverage (and availability) of this treatment in the west.

That being said if this does end up being good maintanence, I will gladly eat my words.

So far so good with the topical. About twice as long on it so far as I was with oral and nothing adverse to report.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are fair examples of media coverage, however I’m still not sold considering the lack of coverage (and availability) of this treatment in the west.

That being said if this does end up being good maintanence, I will gladly eat my words.

So far so good with the topical. About twice as long on it so far as I was with oral and nothing adverse to report.

For how long have you been on topical finasteride?

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Where do you get topical finasteride?

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The price is on their website. 1250 euros and they only offer with two PRP sessions together as they feel they get better results this way.

Couldn't see blood because... Well my eyes are in the front of my head, but they stitch up the holes and cover that with some butterfly stitch tape. Also sent me home with extra tape so I think it must have been a bit messier than they intended.

Pain is pretty low in my list of concerns but they numb everything with local anaesthesia first so all very very tolerable.

They mentioned that they saw much less shock loss / initial shedding from this and from their activated PRP than what they used to see from a lot of their regular PRP customers. I pray there's no shedding from this but will let you know.
How was your scalp the next day? Were you able to go out?

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is best way to get a hold of Hungary clinic? Emailed them and got no response. Are they open weekends and how soon will an appt be available?