Just Tried Regenera Activa Stem Cell Microtransplant In Uk

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

Rather belated post but 11 days ago I had my first session with Regenera Activa at Vie Aesthetics in Rayleigh, Essex, UK (an excellent, reputable clinic who I already knew for their skin treatments). In case you don’t know much about it (like I didn’t until recently), this is a stem cell microsplantation therapy, in which a biopsy is taken from the back of your scalp, the stem cells extracted and mixed in a special machine, and injected back into thinning areas in order to reactivate dying follicles.

The procedure took less than 30 minutes from start to finish and was relatively painless barring the fleeting discomfort of injections into the scalp. And the staff at Vie were extremely lovely and helpful.

Regenera Activa is a relatively new treatment that I only discovered about myself a couple of months ago. It seems to have gone under the radar somewhat (as far as I can tell), although I found a couple of discussions in the New Research section. However, it appears to be quite widely available in Singapore, where it has reportedly had success.

Vie, as I understand, is one of the first clinics to bring it to the UK. Of the few people I know of to have had the treatment at the same clinic, all have been experiencing noticeable results. One guy who was probably NW4 appears to be enjoying noticeable regrowth. Obviously everyone is different and it is early days, but this seemed very encouraging to me so I wanted to try it for myself.

With regards to my situation, I’ve been experiencing very slow hair loss since the age of 18. I am now 41 and have maintained reasonably well with finasteride and 3 x hair transplants at the hairline (5,000 grafts in total). However, I’ve been shedding heavily in the last 2-3 years, and have been visibly thinning at the crown and have a widening part. I switched to dutasteride about 15 months ago, but neither my shedding or thinning seems to have abated a great deal, if at all - to my sadness. I have a separate thread for that in the Antiandrogens section, complete with photos of my progress over the last year.

Anyway, I really wanted to give Regenera Activa a shot from what I researched about it. I’ve refrained from adding topical antiandrogens to my regime as they seem to be a huge commitment and no guarantee which will work (plus don’t sure how they’ll fit into my complex styling rituals involving hairspray and concealer!). Instead, I’m hoping with regenera activa and the oral meds combined, I can at least further slow the thinning and potentially even recoup some thickness. Only time will tell of course. I will post some pre-treatment photos tomorrow (the best ones are still on my gf’s phone!) and will continue to record my progress over the coming months.

Fingers crossed this may give some of us hope.

S

fallinghair

Reaction score
Any decrease in hair loss ? I usually do a hair pull test before I wash my hair to count how many hairs are coming out just from pulling. We hope to hear from you

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
How much did the procedure cost?

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing to report yet, folks. It's only been 3 weeks. I do still need to get my pre-treatment pics up - the clinic took some good ones, and my gf has a few on her phone. Will get that sorted.

I'm not entirely sure what to expect immediately after, whether you're supposed to experience an instant decrease in hairfall (seems unlikely) or, conversely, a shedding phase as the terminal hairs get booted out. I'll have a follow-up consult with the doctor in a week's time. My gf did inspect my scalp yesterday and remarked "something seems to be happening, there's lots of "dots" close together with tiny, hairy kind of fluff poking through". As you can tell, she's no expert! :D :D

Sessions usually cost about £2,000 at the clinic I believe. There was a promotional offer at the clinic when I had mine though, so got a discount.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Goodluck and thanks for trying the treatment out, fingers crossed for good results!

dogman

My Regimen
Reaction score
what did they say the timeframe for growth was?

im pretty sceptical but keep us updated

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

Rather belated post but 11 days ago I had my first session with Regenera Activa at Vie Aesthetics in Rayleigh, Essex, UK (an excellent, reputable clinic who I already knew for their skin treatments). In case you don’t know much about it (like I didn’t until recently), this is a stem cell microsplantation therapy, in which a biopsy is taken from the back of your scalp, the stem cells extracted and mixed in a special machine, and injected back into thinning areas in order to reactivate dying follicles.

The procedure took less than 30 minutes from start to finish and was relatively painless barring the fleeting discomfort of injections into the scalp. And the staff at Vie were extremely lovely and helpful.

Regenera Activa is a relatively new treatment that I only discovered about myself a couple of months ago. It seems to have gone under the radar somewhat (as far as I can tell), although I found a couple of discussions in the New Research section. However, it appears to be quite widely available in Singapore, where it has reportedly had success.

Vie, as I understand, is one of the first clinics to bring it to the UK. Of the few people I know of to have had the treatment at the same clinic, all have been experiencing noticeable results. One guy who was probably NW4 appears to be enjoying noticeable regrowth. Obviously everyone is different and it is early days, but this seemed very encouraging to me so I wanted to try it for myself.

With regards to my situation, I’ve been experiencing very slow hair loss since the age of 18. I am now 41 and have maintained reasonably well with finasteride and 3 x hair transplants at the hairline (5,000 grafts in total). However, I’ve been shedding heavily in the last 2-3 years, and have been visibly thinning at the crown and have a widening part. I switched to dutasteride about 15 months ago, but neither my shedding or thinning seems to have abated a great deal, if at all - to my sadness. I have a separate thread for that in the Antiandrogens section, complete with photos of my progress over the last year.

Anyway, I really wanted to give Regenera Activa a shot from what I researched about it. I’ve refrained from adding topical antiandrogens to my regime as they seem to be a huge commitment and no guarantee which will work (plus don’t sure how they’ll fit into my complex styling rituals involving hairspray and concealer!). Instead, I’m hoping with regenera activa and the oral meds combined, I can at least further slow the thinning and potentially even recoup some thickness. Only time will tell of course. I will post some pre-treatment photos tomorrow (the best ones are still on my gf’s phone!) and will continue to record my progress over the coming months.

Fingers crossed this may give some of us hope.

S

you take finasteride since 18 ? so 23 years now

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any updates?

So updates... I'm on 6 weeks post-treatment now. It's too early (or difficult!) to notice any change on my head. However, my gf has closely inspected my thinning areas and thinks there's tiny hairs poking through. She says "something is happening". It's not visible to me in the mirrors.

I'm also confident I've noticed a decrease in my hairfall. Before, I was getting 20+ hairs stuck to my hands after shampooing/conditioning, and every time I looked in the mirror during the day there were always about 5 loose hairs hanging down, no matter what the time was, and I was always seeing random hairs on my keyboard at work. Also, I could always pull out a lot of hairs after towel drying, which was concerning.

That seems to have calmed down now. I'm only really noticing 10 or so hairs stuck to my hands, predominately just after conditioning (hairs always stick to my hands after using organic conditioner). I'm not noticing much more hairfall beyond showering. Don't get me wrong, I'm still shedding during showers but it doesn't appear to be anywhere near as much as it was.

Will continue to monitor my progress. Will take some photos on the 2 month period. And yes, I will still post the pre-treatment ones. (Although there's plenty in my other thread on dutasteride). The clinic took the best pre-treatment pics but my gf also took some on her phone.

Last edited:

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what did they say the timeframe for growth was?

im pretty sceptical but keep us updated

I think you're supposed to notice things happening after as early as after one month, but obviously with results gradually improving over a period of many months as any new hairs grow, mature and thicken.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know why arent lots of people discussing this new treatment on this forum.

What's the difference between this and Replicel?
How long do the results last? How often do you need to have this procedure done?