Just Tried Regenera Activa Stem Cell Microtransplant In Uk

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean...... this kind of seems like what we’ve been waiting for..... but is it just glorified PRP?

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So updates... I'm on 6 weeks post-treatment now. It's too early (or difficult!) to notice any change on my head. However, my gf has closely inspected my thinning areas and thinks there's tiny hairs poking through. She says "something is happening". It's not visible to me in the mirrors.

I'm also confident I've noticed a decrease in my hairfall. Before, I was getting 20+ hairs stuck to my hands after shampooing/conditioning, and every time I looked in the mirror during the day there were always about 5 loose hairs hanging down, no matter what the time was, and I was always seeing random hairs on my keyboard at work. Also, I could always pull out a lot of hairs after towel drying, which was concerning.

That seems to have calmed down now. I'm only really noticing 10 or so hairs stuck to my hands, predominately just after conditioning (hairs always stick to my hands after using organic conditioner). I'm not noticing much more hairfall beyond showering. Don't get me wrong, I'm still shedding during showers but it doesn't appear to be anywhere near as much as it was.

Will continue to monitor my progress. Will take some photos on the 2 month period. And yes, I will still post the pre-treatment ones. (Although there's plenty in my other thread on dutasteride). The clinic took the best pre-treatment pics but my gf also took some on her phone.
Keep us updated bro

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was considering this in the next couple of months but I will wait for your updates before spending 2 grand, hopefully you get good results.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why arent lots of people discussing this new treatment on this forum.

What's the difference between this and Replicel?
How long do the results last? How often do you need to have this procedure done?

To answer your last question, I think it's still early days to judge long-term effectiveness of each session, but if it works for you, it seems most places are recommending repeat treatments between every 18 months to 6 years.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you take finasteride since 18 ? so 23 years now

No, I think I begun taking finasteride when I was about 23. Then I stopped for a couple of years, and picked it up again when I was about 25/26. Then switched to Dutasteride last year. From the age of 18 to 23, I think I only tried minoxidil for a couple of years, which I got from Belgravia.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would think more guys would be rushing to do this as this is what Histogen was all about. I wish this was available in the states but if it works out for you guys, I would be willing to fly to the UK for treatment until it's available here. Actually PRP is harvesting stem cells too. It's using stem cells from your plasma and blood. Your procedure differs because they are using the hair follicle's dermal papilla cells to trigger hair growth. That is what "dies" when we go bald. The ones in your donor hair seem to be resistant to "death" so that is why they use those cells. Minoxidil works on the dermal papilla cells to bring them back to life and keep them in the growth phase.

sdaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
This technique is also used a lot in France under the name "mesogreffe", it costs about 1500 euros.
I'm very surprised that its not accessible in more countries ( as per your posts ), here its pretty popular.
Mesotherapy was quite popular but now every clinic / doctor that offered it offers this "mesogreffe"

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Isn't repli also using these dermal papilla cells? Repli cultivates these cells and lets them multiply in their lab right? But in this case the cells are directly injected after cultivation?

@DoctorHouse What's the difference between this and Histogen's method?

Edit: from the article;

During a 30-minute treatment performed under local anaesthetic, Dr Liakas takes three pieces of skin – each just 2.5mm in diameter – from behind the patient’s ear. Each piece of skin contains hairs and fat rich in stem cells.

The samples are placed into a centrifuge and spun at high speeds for a minute to extract about 800,000 stem cells. These are mixed with saline to produce a clear liquid that is injected into the scalp.

‘Follicle stem cells are particularly effective as they are always destined to become hair follicles,’ says Dr Liakas.

‘They can also trigger a new growth phase in dormant follicles, taking them back to the beginning of the growth cycle.’
I don't really remember but maybe I was getting Histogen and Replicel mixed up. I just remember someone else with the idea similar to this.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I think I begun taking finasteride when I was about 23. Then I stopped for a couple of years, and picked it up again when I was about 25/26. Then switched to Dutasteride last year. From the age of 18 to 23, I think I only tried minoxidil for a couple of years, which I got from Belgravia.

ok thanks man, always nice to see someone who's taken fina for so long 15 years +, see how the success vs sides sit ! for you there's great success for sure

sdaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if it works?

Hard to tell from what i can gather, there's not enough testimonies.
I've been contemplating it for a while, mesotherapy worked for me ( maintenance ) and it was painless, my doctor suggested this new technique but i'm hesitant.

Unspecified

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys, did a little digging and found this plastic surgeon from Greece, with some decent (comboverish) before/afters:

IMG-20180626-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20180626-WA0005.jpg

4.gif

p.s. Regenera Activa results
https://tsioumasclinic.gr/en/services/hair-loss/

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you're saying the miracle, sides-free maintenance stem cell cure has already existed under our noses and we just never knew about it. I think not.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds a legit and most practical way to cure baldness but in androgenic alopecia the problem is that stems cell can't differentiate into proginator cells so I am dubious about the success nof this technique. If they could implant proginator cells then they would have much success .