Just Tried Regenera Activa Stem Cell Microtransplant In Uk

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks but not really. Lot's of other people tried it already. Just sick and tired of doing nothing.

May I ask how much did you pay ? I will pay 1500 .. Also the doctor told me no scarring and that you will not see a thing from it. What are you told about that ? And how many points/round grafts did they take from the back of your head ? 3 ?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Doctor said it wasn't necessary, but because the wounds are round they can heal better and faster if you stitch them.

my worst scars are from stiching!

The best wound healing i have had are the ones where you burned the wound, all my striched wounds have grown into really big and ugly scars. Of course there is also the thing about how your body heals in general and such. But if i have a choice i would choose burning, and burning can also be done on the scalp.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
May I ask how much did you pay ? I will pay 1500 .. Also the doctor told me no scarring and that you will not see a thing from it. What are you told about that ? And how many points/round grafts did they take from the back of your head ? 3 ?

I paid 1700. The Doctor said you won't be able to see after the wounds have healed. They took 4 grafts.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
my worst scars are from stiching!

The best wound healing i have had are the ones where you burned the wound, all my striched wounds have grown into really big and ugly scars. Of course there is also the thing about how your body heals in general and such. But if i have a choice i would choose burning, and burning can also be done on the scalp.

I asked the Doctor why he would stitch it and if this would not create a scar. I specifically asked about the nasty scars you see sometimes where the edges of the will create a long bump. He said that because of the round shape of the wound, he can stitch it nicely and no there will be no edges or bumps. It's also very small.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked the Doctor why he would stitch it and if this would not create a scar. I specifically asked about the nasty scars you see sometimes where the edges of the will create a long bump. He said that because of the round shape of the wound, he can stitch it nicely and no there will be no edges or bumps. It's also very small.

That makes literally no sense, how you do stitch in a circle and close the wound?

If it was really small, then why the need for stitching ? then he could have burned it with no problem and give you a patch on the wound.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
That makes literally no sense, how you do stitch in a circle and close the wound?

If it was really small, then why the need for stitching ? then he could have burned it with no problem and give you a patch on the wound.

Of course he does not stitch in a circle.... If you bring together the edges of a very small circular wound, you get a small 'stripe'. Because the edges of the round wound are very smooth, it should (in theory) heal nicely. If you burn it, you are left with a small patch without any hair on it.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just had the procedure done.

Not much pain, but an awkward feeling when they take out the grafts. About 30 or something injections in the scalp. Feels a bit sensitive at the moment. The stitched the locations where they took out the grafts. They'll take the stitches out in a weeks time. Before the procedure they took some pictures with a micro camera, which they will compare later on. For now I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I'll let you know of anything changes with my hair (for the better or worse).

Where have you done it? And what Norwood hair loss stage do you have? I'll be waiting for reports, if you see amazing results i might do it as well :) But I would look for the cheapest price offering, the 2 cheapest I've seen in this thread are somewhere in Poland or in Barcelona.

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps also use a scar cream when the location is closed .. ?

The doctor mentioned he will not stitch it (uses 3mm punches) and will just leave it open as is. Is that not strange ?
I cannot find online what the gold standard is for these small, but deep wounds (less than 3 mm), stitching or just leaving it as is. Anyone know more about that ? Would not stitching it leave a scar easier or the other way around ?

Last edited:

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just googled it, its called a 3mm punch biopsy ( the parts they take out to get cells from). :)

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Punch biopsy technique. (A) The punch biopsy instrument is held perpendicular to the surface of the lesion. The instrument is pressed down into the lesion while it is rotated clockwise and counterclockwise, cutting down into the subcutaneous fat. The punch biopsy instrument is removed. (B) The biopsy specimen is gently lifted with a needle to avoid crush artifact. Scissors are used to cut the specimen free at a level below the dermis. Small punch biopsy defects do not require suturing, while larger wounds (4 to 5 mm) should be closed to reduce healing time and scarring.

source https://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0315/p1155.html

Not sure how that works/is the same for the scalp.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps also use a scar cream when the location is closed .. ?

The doctor mentioned he will not stitch it and will just leave it open as is. Is that not strange ?
I cannot find online what the gold standard is for these small, but deep wounds (less than 3 mm), stitching or just leaving it as is. Anyone know more about that ? Would not stitching it leave a scar easier or the other way around ?
The stitching scar from a 2,5mm wound would be so tiny that barely possible to see. Only if you know its there and look close to it. But would it not look weird and eye catching with a short cut on sides that between hair stubble you have small round circles where hair dont grow?

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The stitching scar from a 2,5mm wound would be so tiny that barely possible to see. Only if you know its there and look close to it. But would it not look weird and eye catching with a short cut on sides that between hair stubble you have small round circles where hair dont grow?

exactly why perhaps closing it would work better because you would have less skin without hair ..(because the skin with hair is pulled towards each-other). Right ?

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
Where have you done it? And what Norwood hair loss stage do you have? I'll be waiting for reports, if you see amazing results i might do it as well :) But I would look for the cheapest price offering, the 2 cheapest I've seen in this thread are somewhere in Poland or in Barcelona.

No idea what Norwood. Bald (very thin) spot on top and a bit of thinning around it. I didn't take pics before. To be honest, I get literally sick looking at the bald spot on my head. Of course I'll report back. For better or worse.

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I am reading is basically this about punch biopsy and scarring:
Because of the increased depth, this type of shave biopsy may lead to more extensive scarring if left to heal by secondary intention. In some cases, it may require stitches afterwards.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4728909/

https://dermnetnz.org/topics/skin-biopsy/

My conclusion, lazy doctors will not close the 2.5mm or 3mm punch biopsy site .. Even when closing it (glue, or stitching) would look better ..

Last edited:

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course he does not stitch in a circle.... If you bring together the edges of a very small circular wound, you get a small 'stripe'. Because the edges of the round wound are very smooth, it should (in theory) heal nicely. If you burn it, you are left with a small patch without any hair on it.

I can inform that way he stitches will still make a scar, i have been cut like that too, if you pretend that the cut i made like an "asian eye" and then they close it. it will still not be good, i have it done three times like that, and none of the scar became good. all my burned ones have, even the one on the scalp.

You need to remember that your wound will move all the time during the healing, because you of course move around. so it won't be nice and petite, mine have grown into about more than twice the size of what was there originally. And you also get scarring from where the stitch have been too.

So for the perfect wound healing require like NO movement at all of the skin, and that is impossible, also when you think about you have to sleep on it and so on.

With burning the scar remains the same size as the original cut and the scar isn't as visible at the stitched ones.

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

just got the pics from Reginera.
I let you comment... ;)

ciao

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 618
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 605
  • Image3.png
    Image3.png
    636.9 KB · Views: 655
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 675
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 570
  • Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 570
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 662
  • Image8.jpg
    Image8.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 588
  • Image9.jpg
    Image9.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 588

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

just got the pics from Reginera.
I let you comment... ;)

ciao

Thanks for this.

I just wonder how with PRP they had pictures that also showed improvements just like these and we all know by now that PRP does not stop hair-loss (enough to be a cure), just makes existing hair grow faster.

Are we going to say the same about RA in 2 years ? Anyway, just one more week and I am finding out first hand :)