Just Started Propecia And Wanted To Share My Experiences

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Just like most people on here, I've been tossing around the idea of starting Propecia for a while now, probably the last year. I'm 29 and have noticed my hair thinning for the last 2 years or so.

I finally decided to take the plunge and take it because my thinning hair was destroying my self esteem.

I've been on Propecia for a week now and honestly haven't had any major problems. Knock on wood. I am taking 1 mg daily.

The only thing I've noticed is that it's a bit harder to reach orgasm but when I do...it's actually more intense. Wasn't expecting that.

Being only a week into Propecia, I understand things can change down the road, so I just wanted to document my experiences and share them for others as well.

I'm going to try to post once a month.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on making the decision to do something about it. Do keep us updated on sides and any change in your hair.

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Ok. Well this is weird cause it's not even a week later after I made the original post but over the last 24 hours I've noticed both breast areas feel like they're slightly burning, the left one more so and it feels like it radiates into my armpit.

A bit freaked out. I saw other people mention the burning sensation...I'm not sure if I should keep taking the medication and see if it gets better, maybe my body just needs to readjust to the new hormone levels or if I should stop.

I understand it's a shock to my body I guess I'm also just scared of the burning sensation being cancerous.

I took my pill today but am incredibly on edge about taking it again tomorrow.

I see my dr in a couple weeks so either way I'm bringing this up to her.

If anybody else has experience with the burning your into would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I gathered it could be aromatization of testosterone...

Idk if that's the case. That's why I'm bringing it up. All I know is it's got me freaked the hell out.

It could be an early signal of gyno HOWEVER this is actually extremely rare with Finasteride . It could just be that Finasteride reduced your DHT thereby increasing Testosterone which was aromatized into a little more estrogen. DHT also helps block estrogen's effects to some degree so the tissues are being a little overstimulated.

I would continue with it, if you continue to notice it or your breasts start aching/feel a mass/nipples get puffy, you can order Raloxifene online. It is a potent estrogen blocker in the breast tissue. Or discontinue the drug.

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be an early signal of gyno HOWEVER this is actually extremely rare with Finasteride . It could just be that Finasteride reduced your DHT thereby increasing Testosterone which was aromatized into a little more estrogen. DHT also helps block estrogen's effects to some degree so the tissues are being a little overstimulated.

I would continue with it, if you continue to notice it or your breasts start aching/feel a mass/nipples get puffy, you can order Raloxifene online. It is a potent estrogen blocker in the breast tissue. Or discontinue the drug.

Thank you for the input.

It totally has me upside down right now.
I'lol keep you all posted on where I go from here.

Sameerahmed7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Ok. Well this is weird cause it's not even a week later after I made the original post but over the last 24 hours I've noticed both breast areas feel like they're slightly burning, the left one more so and it feels like it radiates into my armpit.

A bit freaked out. I saw other people mention the burning sensation...I'm not sure if I should keep taking the medication and see if it gets better, maybe my body just needs to readjust to the new hormone levels or if I should stop.

I understand it's a shock to my body I guess I'm also just scared of the burning sensation being cancerous.

I took my pill today but am incredibly on edge about taking it again tomorrow.

I see my dr in a couple weeks so either way I'm bringing this up to her.

If anybody else has experience with the burning your into would be appreciated.
Same thing happened to me after 3 months. My nipples were sensitive and sore. Specially my left one. So i quit immediately. But i am reconsidering about taking it again as my hairloss has resurfaced again

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it's the beginning of gyno a known side effect
Also just so u know the same thing happened to me. And it did go away once I stopped the med. I panicked and got off the med right away. I would say give it another 2 weeks see what your md says

Sameerahmed7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also just so u know the same thing happened to me. And it did go away once I stopped the med. I panicked and got off the med right away. I would say give it another 2 weeks see what your md says
Did you resume taking finasteride or stopped altogether??

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you resume taking finasteride or stopped altogether??
I stopped finasteride. Than I tried it again at a lower does about a year later and still got sides. Brain fog included. So sadly I can't handle it. I take pumpkin seed oil. And green tea and try and eat as much organic food as possible. To balance my hormones best I can. They feed growth hormones to chicken and cows and I believe it makes.our hormones unbalanced. My.oppinion is it could.be bad fo4 hair So be careful

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped taking it yesterday. The burning sensation just kept getting worse.

My left armpit area feels incredibly sore and the right armpit area feels a bit sore as well but not as bad.

I'm not sure if it's gyno or what. I don't notice any swelling or lumps but I know the soreness is there, that's for sure.

I still feel it and expect it to take a little while to go away.

I may try it again down the road at half the prescription (.5).

Only being on Propecia for about a week and a half I hope this pain stops and goes away relatively soon without any harm.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped taking it yesterday. The burning sensation just kept getting worse.

My left armpit area feels incredibly sore and the right armpit area feels a bit sore as well but not as bad.

I'm not sure if it's gyno or what. I don't notice any swelling or lumps but I know the soreness is there, that's for sure.

I still feel it and expect it to take a little while to go away.

I may try it again down the road at half the prescription (.5).

Only being on Propecia for about a week and a half I hope this pain stops and goes away relatively soon without any harm.
Did you start at a low dose or the recommended dose ?

Sameerahmed7

My Regimen
Reaction score
I resumed finasteride. Now i am taking 1 mg every alternate day. It has been a week. The nipple sensitivity is reduced but its there. I started shedding so i hopped back on it. What's your experience now?

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
I resumed finasteride. Now i am taking 1 mg every alternate day. It has been a week. The nipple sensitivity is reduced but its there. I started shedding so i hopped back on it. What's your experience now?

I have been off of it for a few days now, the burning sensation seems to be getting better in the breast area but I still feel a soreness in my armpits.

I see my dr next week and will bring it up with her.

I'm trying not to freak out about it as I'm sure anything after a week of use from the medication won't be long term and I will muster up the courage to get back on Propecia.

I'll start at a lower dose next time, that's for sure.