Just Started Propecia And Wanted To Share My Experiences

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay.

Saw the Dr. she felt the tenderness could've been from Propecia but to feel a constant burning all around my chest and down my arm, she felt that had nothing to do with the drug. To feel it down my arm, that has nothing to do with aromatization at that point. Least that was her opinion.

She felt maybe I stretched my pectoral muscles and threw everything off, leading to a tender and constant burning feeling. Just being a coincidence I started Propecia too.

Who knows.

We both agreed I'll try it again at .5mg. She assured me even at .5 I should still see results.

Long story short I recollected myself and started it again a couple days ago at .5 every night.

I know it wasn't in my head but maybe it was just a coincidence. Worth a second chance.

I'll post pictures next month.

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_1464.JPG IMG_1466.JPG IMG_2948.JPG

Ok. First month has passed.

I restarted taking Propecia at .5 this time and took it once every day for a month. I am now taking 1mg Propecia starting at the 2nd month mark. Picture is from first month. Second is from second month.

Last edited:

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Roughly 2 months in, so far so good!

I haven’t really had any major problems. I noticed my seamen is a bit watery/clear but that’s about it.

I tried to get a closer picture of my head this time.

I only do the basic three.
1mg of Propecia daily
Nizoral shampoo once a week
Rogaine foam once a day

Attachments

• 4EC56208-33B3-4D07-80FD-9695A0D54826.jpeg
    4EC56208-33B3-4D07-80FD-9695A0D54826.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 202

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Month 3 update.

Honestly, nothing drastic to report.

My seamen is still a bit watery but other than that no changes in regards to side effects. I actually even jokingly questioned if I was taking real Propecia since I haven’t had anything (knock on wood).

As for hair, I don’t think I’ve seen much of a difference either. Being only 3 months in I’m still not expecting to see drastic differences so at this point I’m considering no news is good news.

If you zoom in on the closer picture it appears that there are fine hairs popping up on the crown area, I’ll start taking closer pics to keep track of them.

As for my hairline, I do see small black hairs but they don’t seem to be growing so I’m not sure if those hairs are just miniaturized and are unable to grow back or what. I’ve read that as long as there are small hairs in the follicle, they’ll be able to grow back with the help of Propecia, so again, being only 3 months on Propecia it’s still kind of early to say much.

Attachments

• 143BCD02-E95C-4674-9395-470E93591FCD.jpeg
    143BCD02-E95C-4674-9395-470E93591FCD.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 7452508D-B9B2-4C05-B5E6-9F707F8B1801.jpeg
    7452508D-B9B2-4C05-B5E6-9F707F8B1801.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 226

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Month 5

I’ve noticed there are some very thin hairs on my crown. Not a lot but enough to notice.

I’ve also noticed there are thin hairs on my hairline starting to appear. I’m not sure if these are hairs growing back or actually becoming thinner...there are quite a few of them though so I feel like it’s regrowth.

As for the rest of my hair, it does seem to be a bit more full. Even when getting a haircut the stylist mentioned the hair I do have (ouch) has a bit more density, she didn’t need to use applications for it.

I don’t seem to be shedding many hairs either, I barely ever any hairs on my pillow (last winter I was waking up with tons of hairs on my pillow). Even after a shower and whatnot, very few hairs seem t be falling out.

So, regrowth, the verdict is still out as I’m not sure what’s going on with all of the thin hairs, thickening and strengthing what I still have seems to be happening though.

Attachments

• 4090B773-C11D-46EE-B58D-48BFD74527F3.jpeg
    4090B773-C11D-46EE-B58D-48BFD74527F3.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 178

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update!

Well it’s been a while since I posted. Figured it’s easier to just check in every couple months.

Well, I’m starting to see some hair regrowth. So I can’t say Propecia doesn’t work. It does.

There are still a lot of very fine hairs and if you zoom in you’ll see them. I’m assuming they will all thicken up in months to come.

I have no idea how much more will actually grow in but hey, to have any hair grow back is a success. It’ll be that much better for a hair transplant down the road.

In regards to my hairline I’ve noticed a lot of very very fine hairs, they’re dark brown/black (my hair color) but are incredibly fine and small, from afar you can’t see them but upon closer inspection they are definitely there. I’m guessing these are all minituarized hairs that might come back from the grave. We’ll see.

The picture on top is from January 2019 the picture blow is from last night (April 18th, 2019).

It’s been roughly 10 months and I only started seeing any kind of regrowth within the last month or two. So I’m guessing as I’ve heard it takes roughly 2 years to really see the full results.

Again, knowing everybody is different and results vary, I’m just glad to see any kind of regrowth, it tells me Propecia is at least working and I can rest easy knowing that much.

There’s a beauty mark on the left side that is useful for reference in the pictures.

Attachments

• 659EE596-53E6-4FFA-8E25-365DB5832014.jpeg
    659EE596-53E6-4FFA-8E25-365DB5832014.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 191

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update!

Well it’s been a while since I posted. Figured it’s easier to just check in every couple months.

Well, I’m starting to see some hair regrowth. So I can’t say Propecia doesn’t work. It does.

There are still a lot of very fine hairs and if you zoom in you’ll see them. I’m assuming they will all thicken up in months to come.

I have no idea how much more will actually grow in but hey, to have any hair grow back is a success. It’ll be that much better for a hair transplant down the road.

In regards to my hairline I’ve noticed a lot of very very fine hairs, they’re dark brown/black (my hair color) but are incredibly fine and small, from afar you can’t see them but upon closer inspection they are definitely there. I’m guessing these are all minituarized hairs that might come back from the grave. We’ll see.

The picture on top is from January 2019 the picture blow is from last night (April 18th, 2019).

It’s been roughly 10 months and I only started seeing any kind of regrowth within the last month or two. So I’m guessing as I’ve heard it takes roughly 2 years to really see the full results.

Again, knowing everybody is different and results vary, I’m just glad to see any kind of regrowth, it tells me Propecia is at least working and I can rest easy knowing that much.

There’s a beauty mark on the left side that is useful for reference in the pictures.

You can see some regrowth. That's encouraging to me.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update!

Good luck man.
Have you gotten any side effects yet?

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can see some regrowth. That's encouraging to me.

Yes, it’s encouraging to me as well. Being on Propecia for 10 months and just now starting to see results at least let’s me know that it’s working and that my body responded to it.

For a while I was scared it wasn’t doing anything at all and that it was going to get worse.

I can be realistic and understand it won’t all grow back so that’s why to know that there is some regrowth, at least I know I won’t lose more.

It’s at least working. That’s the main takeaway.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 4 years now (holy f*** that went fast). Started at the start of 2015.

There are three notable side effects which I have and I am sure of. I stopped taking finasteride for roughly 3-4 months twice during this time, not because of side effects but because the script ran out and life got too busy more or less or I got lazy. It was during these intervals where it became clear to me that these indeed were pretty tangible albeit minor side effects.

The first is the watery semen. Absolutely a side effect but I feel like it has become less of an issue within the last year or so, perhaps a sign that the drug is losing efficacy or just my body finally adjusting, although it is still somewhat watery.

Slightly reduced sex drive. Again minor but can become pretty pronounced if I ejaculate too much in a short amount of time. It just takes longer for the sex drive to bounce back. Dick has slight reduction in sensitivity too.

The third is a slight increase in bodyfat. I work out a lot and have been pretty shredded abs wise for the last 8 years. I noticed when I got on finasteride it didn't matter how much I stopped drinking, worked out or dieted, there was always maybe 5-10% missing from my peak visually speaking. Once I got off finasteride during those months those super deep oblique and ab cuts came back because that very subtle layer of fat finasteride had me keeping was gone. This is overall minor though, I can still put on muscle/build strength just as easily and I can still look more or less the same when all cylinders are firing. It is actually amazing at how little effect DHT has on the male physique given it is often associated with being the primary amplifier of masculinity short of test.