Just Started Propecia And Wanted To Share My Experiences

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m actually considering talking to my dr about switching to Dutasteride.

It’s obvious in the pictures there is some regrowth and that Propecia is working but I’m curious if dutasteride would help more.

However I don’t know if my dr will go for that considering it’s not FDA approved.

We’ll see where things go.

Thomas Aquarius

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sure hope everything works out for you. I would advise you to be VERY careful and aware of what you are putting into your body. Do not take side effects lightly if you begin to notice any. Best of luck

GreenEggs

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread gives me hope man, I am currently off finasteride for over a week because it was giving me an ache in my chest, armpits too.

I will be starting again on Monday but at a much lower dose, hopefully it was my body adjusting or anxiety, but idk we’ll see!

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Month 3 update.

Honestly, nothing drastic to report.

My seamen is still a bit watery but other than that no changes in regards to side effects. I actually even jokingly questioned if I was taking real Propecia since I haven’t had anything (knock on wood).

As for hair, I don’t think I’ve seen much of a difference either. Being only 3 months in I’m still not expecting to see drastic differences so at this point I’m considering no news is good news.

If you zoom in on the closer picture it appears that there are fine hairs popping up on the crown area, I’ll start taking closer pics to keep track of them.

As for my hairline, I do see small black hairs but they don’t seem to be growing so I’m not sure if those hairs are just miniaturized and are unable to grow back or what. I’ve read that as long as there are small hairs in the follicle, they’ll be able to grow back with the help of Propecia, so again, being only 3 months on Propecia it’s still kind of early to say much.
Did you get any increase in shedding? 2 weeks in and if so touch my head, he’ll shake my head, I drop 10 hairs.

GreenEggs

My Regimen
Reaction score
My seamen is a little watery, perhaps a bit more clear as well.

Other than that, nothing. Zilch.

Which had I known that I would’ve started Propecia 2 or 3 years ago when I first noticed my hair thinning.
After you experienced your chest pains and took a break, did you switch brands of finasteride?