Just Got My First System (pics Attached)

burner4uandforme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Feel pretty good about it actually, mainly because I went very conservative on the hairline. A guy my age - 50 - should have a high forehead, and I've had one since 25.

I went to a salon for everything - but she's very cool and will happily do cut-ins on pieces she doesn't sell. She nailed the match (which was tricky with a grey blend), and the blend looks pretty good to my eyes.

Part of me feels like crawling under a rock for eternity, but I'm guessing that'll change.

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 489
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 525
  • SIDE.jpg
    SIDE.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 500

burner4uandforme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks - one weird experience was when they gave me the monk cut right before attaching, I actually kinda likes the look oddly enough - felt like I should have been promoted to Senior VP right there on the spot. I mean not really, but sort of.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Feel pretty good about it actually, mainly because I went very conservative on the hairline. A guy my age - 50 - should have a high forehead, and I've had one since 25.

I went to a salon for everything - but she's very cool and will happily do cut-ins on pieces she doesn't sell. She nailed the match (which was tricky with a grey blend), and the blend looks pretty good to my eyes.

Part of me feels like crawling under a rock for eternity, but I'm guessing that'll change.
Holy crap it looks awesome! it looks really natural honestly i couldn’t tell if i saw you on the street :) Are you planning on going DIY or going to the salon for maintenance? Also what base did you get?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Burner that is one of the best results I've seen, I mean one that looks ultra suitable and realistic for your age too. Congrats and seriously, very well planned and executed.

It looks like a very light, lace system. Can you share the specs?

Where are you based?

burner4uandforme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Burner that is one of the best results I've seen, I mean one that looks ultra suitable and realistic for your age too. Congrats and seriously, very well planned and executed.

It looks like a very light, lace system. Can you share the specs?

Where are you based?
Hi Deg - I'm in greater boston. She only described it as "lace" with real hair used for both the #3 brown and the 65% grey. Second-to-lowest density. (the hairline is uncanny - except for the tiny bits of lace you can spot up close here and there).

Thanks!!

burner4uandforme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy crap it looks awesome! it looks really natural honestly i couldn’t tell if i saw you on the street :) Are you planning on going DIY or going to the salon for maintenance? Also what base did you get?
Probably going to DIY it from now on - it was a hefty chunk of change. She actually sent me home with the template, and told me the color codes, etc. She's happy to do cut-ins for other pieces, and take calls on this one. All good stuff.