JDW's Story - (with pics)

bubka

Reaction score
You have to stop the obsessive hair pulling and counting hairs!

I used to do the same thing. I would be in college, in a study carrel, with a hat on my head, and pulling hair out from underneath onto my book and counting hair... thankfully though after I started propecia, the hair stopped falling out, and I stopped the obsessive counting.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
although the 'OHP' has helped me to see that the middle and back are stabilising

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking dutas for 10 months now with no effects and have been on either finasteride or dutasteride for nearly 2 years now and the situatin keeps getting worse...
Therefore surely DHT can't be to blame here.
I've had dry hair my whole life and am therefore going to get my blood tests done at the doctors to search for a posible answer. maybe I have hypothyroidism or something like that,las shot at an answer really I guess.
I've always had ppor circulation, my hands, as I type this are almost purple although it is not cold in the house.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JDW said:
I've been taking dutas for 10 months now with no effects and have been on either finasteride or dutasteride for nearly 2 years now and the situatin keeps getting worse...
Therefore surely DHT can't be to blame here.
I've had dry hair my whole life and am therefore going to get my blood tests done at the doctors to search for a posible answer. maybe I have hypothyroidism or something like that,las shot at an answer really I guess.
I've always had ppor circulation, my hands, as I type this are almost purple although it is not cold in the house.

hey, I have been following your posts for some time now and my heart really does go out to you. It seems you are having no luck and its really getting you down. I really wish I could offer you some advice but im in a similar situation to yourself. Treatments were working for me but I am now receding further. I guess the best thing we can do is hope for a better treatment or cure soon. Or even better, be at a place where we just dont care anymore.

Take care man
Really hope things work out for you

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the support mate, let's hope we both have a turnaround soon.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got bloodwork tests back, all is looking normal.
test levels normal
and no thyroid issues...
so... :dunno:
maybe just keep plugging away and hope for the best. Have boosted my regimen to:

internal:
0.5mg dutasteride
multivitamin with extra iron
omega 3 fish oil capsules (x3)
l-arginine

topical"
rogaine foam (twice daily on temples)

plan to add vitamin c (internal) msm (internal) and nizoral in the next few days...

if that lot doesn't start to give benefits then I don't know what will :firing:

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok today I returned from work and lost well over 100 hairs in a few minutes in front of the mirror, mostly at the front...it's so thin all over now...the treatments have not worked, full stop, they have not worked for me.
This is make or break now, will have to shave it soon if I can' stop the thinning, recession and miniturization.
Am thinking about taking 1/5 fincar every day on top of the dutasteride. Is this madness or not? any other ideas?

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. The Mind's Eye is powerful and evil! Dude, your hair looks fine... if anything it looks a lot better.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
If you say it's dutasteride only, you've been taking, then it has certainly worked for you: the second picture looks clearly better.

IBM

Reaction score
Looks better??? The hairline is filled. I wish i could fill my hairline that way.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
update to regimen,
1.25mg fincar daily
.5mg dutasteride EOD
rogaine foam daily
1 L-arginine tablet daily
3 cod licer oil tablets
multi vitamin with iron

If the combo of finasteride + dutasteride doesn't work then there must be a cause of hairloss other than DHT for some people taht we aren't aware of

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has miniturized all over and if you look at the second pic you will see how thin the front is compared to before. It's difficult to see because of the hair colour but those areas at the front are big thin patches... most of hte hair that I lose daily is from the front and nobody can sustain that amount of loss a day

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone have any thoughts?
losing that much (mostly from the front) each day is pretty soul destroying...taking dutasteride and finasteride together should be blocking out DHT completely...I just don't f*****g understand. :dunno:

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Well first you need to post pics that are comparable. Your hair in the first pic is dry and combed back and the second it looks greasy or partially wet combed foward.

I suggest dropping the finasteride and staying with dutasteride. If you are not already, use minoxidil 2x daily and post an update 4 months from now.

Dani_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey JDW,

I am starting my 7th month now with dutasteride.

Its just been downhill for me since transfer from finasteride. Im getting an Island being formed at the front. I wanted to add somthing which I noticed during my heavy sheds. Whenever I consumed fish my hair loss was far greater, and still have no idea why that is. I see you are taking fish oils....

Dani