JDW's Story - (with pics)

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
shedding still as strong and determined...by the way it is the terminal thicker hairs which are coming out, the miniaturized ones are holding tight so surely this suggests that was is happening is not of a positive nature as it'd be the other way around.
should I cut down to EOD on the dutasteride?
can anyone on here SERIOUSLY push their fingers LIGHTLY through their hair and keep coming out with several hairs EVERY time?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
stop pulling hair from your head, I think you are developing it into a habby.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man I'm not pulling it or putting any sort of pressure on it but it's coming out on contact with my fingers!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
how would you say your hair is comparing to the stage shown in the pics?

your hair didnt look too bad at all in those pics.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought I'd weigh in with an update here guys...
GOOD NEWS:
lots of small hairs appearing on my temples (right one especially) where I'm applying the foam...it's been a year of foam this month.
BAD NEWS:
Going through my worst shed for ages after a period of stability of dutas... front is being hit hardest, thick big hairs coming out...looking worst it has for a while. hopefully the earlier stability on dutasteride iis a good sign.

hope everyone's well and many thanks to nick441 for loaning me a strip of dutasteride! :punk:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
JDW said:
Thought I'd weigh in with an update here guys...
GOOD NEWS:
lots of small hairs appearing on my temples (right one especially) where I'm applying the foam...it's been a year of foam this month.
BAD NEWS:
Going through my worst shed for ages after a period of stability of dutas... front is being hit hardest, thick big hairs coming out...looking worst it has for a while. hopefully the earlier stability on dutasteride iis a good sign.

hope everyone's well and many thanks to nick441 for loaning me a strip of dutasteride! :punk:

ride it out brotha!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hope to see your thread in the sucess story section soon brotha

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
shed still going strong...lost a lot of density but more importantly sides and front have recessed a lot. I've never recovered from any shed, why should this be any different :( :lost: :badmood:

f*****g had enough, all this money, all these drugs in my body and nothing is even nearly working.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
JDW, have you recently had any bloodwork done? How are your hormone levels?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Non I haven't man, jsut quit smoking today though so hopefully I can see this through and see if it makes any difference. :dunno:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
JDW said:
Non I haven't man, jsut quit smoking today though so hopefully I can see this through and see if it makes any difference. :dunno:

u should get it checked just to play safe.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
think I will have to.I'm on one of the strongest medications available to treat this f*****g thing and if I gently tug on my hair I could keep coming away with big strong hairs ALL night long...it's not like I'm tugging hard, pretty much running my fingers through my hiar

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GL man, now you quit smoking, your health should improve too!

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can anyone offer me any practical advice?! I've just shaken my head in the sink and have 200+ hairs, all of them healthy. should I just give up on treatment as it's having NO impact...perhaps it's raising my Test. levels and making things worse? any ideas? getting desperate and no one seems to have answers :(

EDIT: as of today I have upped dosage to 1mg...may just be the power of thought but my nipples are sore!

CaptSandy

Reaction score
The bottom line for a healthy head of hair is so bloody simple I simply can not imagine why no one ever thought of it before.

Every product on the market today, with the possible exception of Propecia, attempts to increase blood flow to the scalp in one way shape or form, Minioxidil (Roagine, Avacor, ScalpMed, etc), electric stimulation or mechanical vibration. But they are all doing the same thing: increasing blood flow to the scalp.

I found a product for $40 bucks that not only stopped my hair loss in less then thirty days, it also started growing it back. A lot

I am a 60 year old male and every single time I go to the barber these days, he has to thin my hair. I give you my word. The product is called Mag-Gro. My wife bought it for me but I know you can find it on the web.

Trust me, the hair care industry does not want the consumer to learn about this product:

omarrodriguez

Reaction score
CaptSandy said:
The bottom line for a healthy head of hair is so bloody simple I simply can not imagine why no one ever thought of it before.

Every product on the market today, with the possible exception of Propecia, attempts to increase blood flow to the scalp in one way shape or form, Minioxidil (Roagine, Avacor, ScalpMed, etc), electric stimulation or mechanical vibration. But they are all doing the same thing: increasing blood flow to the scalp.

I found a product for $40 bucks that not only stopped my hair loss in less then thirty days, it also started growing it back. A lot

I am a 60 year old male and every single time I go to the barber these days, he has to thin my hair. I give you my word. The product is called Mag-Gro. My wife bought it for me but I know you can find it on the web.

Trust me, the hair care industry does not want the consumer to learn about this product:

:spam: :stfu:

dave88

Reaction score
Hey man, I've been on a similar but less harsh ride myself. Been on 1/4 proscar for over 9 months now and have been shedding consistantly for 4-5 months now. I am definately below baseline and everyone tells me to just ride it out. I just went to the doctor last week to get my blood tested, should have the results by the end of this week. You mentioned a long time ago that you started taking oral spironolactone, but I havnt seen you mention it in any recent posts. Are you still on it? did it help at all?? I've been weighing my options for my next move. I have almost the same hairline as you. I'm def' thinking of adding minoxidil and topical spironolactone to the mix, even though I havnt heard many good things about spironolactone cream. How has the foam been?? I'v heard a lot of horror stories, including yours, about how foam can really eat away at ur hairline and cause severe sheds. Im not sure if I cou;d handle that. Thinking about maybe liquid minoxidil. Anyways, keep the updates coming. I'l let you know if i get any results from the meds. Take er easy

Failing Follicles

Reaction score
CaptSandy go and shove your MagGro up your arse. If it's so bloody effective, why don't you give them away?

JDW - I've been shedding like you for four years. It started aged 26 when I was a NW3 on Minoxidil (which I then quit) and it never stopped. I went from NW3 to NW6 in four years. Will most likely be NW7 in another two. It actually amuses me now because I don't understand how I can possibly have any hair left at all, given what goes down the plughole each time I shower.

It broke my heart and it broke my confidence. But I never took drugs (which may or may not have helped) and chose to focus my energies on my body rather than my hair. Cleaned up my act and started taking real pride in living healthily and the bottom line is despite whatever hex is killing my follicles, it's not going to kill me and I'm fitter, stronger and healthier at 30 than I've ever been in my life. Bottom line is that some people just lose all their hair, no matter what, and even if you are not one of those and do find a solution (and I really hope you do), you should still consider the possibility you may lose the lot. I know that's probably about the most horrific prospect you've ever heard (it was to me) but your health is the most important thing you'll ever have. Life can be an absolute b**ch and I wish you all luck through this. Remember you're not alone :)

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bit of a semi positive update people...
still on .5mg of Dutas every day and over the past few weeks tings have been improving. TOUCH WOOD but no hair is shedding from the back or the middle oof my head, even with aggressive tugging...if you have been following my story you'll see this is a massive improvement. With the front things aren't as relentless as they have been athough I seem to lose a bit every third day or so...
fingers crossed I've turned the corner here. :punk:
will keep you updated.,

dave88 not on oral spironolactone, never started it due to fear of sides.