JDW's Story - (with pics)

Petchsky

Reaction score
One area of hair loss you don't seem to have tried is inflammation. When i first took proscar i shed way beyond the normal, but my scalp was still itching and inflamed, Once i threw nizoral into the mix things started improving, also use a good conditioner afterwards

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the input...have purchased some nizorelle (only thing I could find in boots) and will be using that as well every other day.
cheers

WIll try and get photos up asap.
I'm now on the big 3 + dutasteride & supplements.
Will try and track my progress by posting pics every month in hte same lighting conditions.
let's be positive for success

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
hey jdw,
ive read this entire thread and i cannot recommend a buzzcut more at this moment for you. my hairline is similiar to how yours was a few months into your regimen, (the second pic you posted) and i thought i would look horrible as well shaving it...but i could not believe when i actually did it, that i looked better than i ever imagined i would with a buzz.

and i couldnt notice hairs coming out in the shower because they were too short to be seen, so i actually relaxed. ive only been on minoxidil, but had i not had a shaved head when i first started my regimen, i dont think i would have gotten myself mentally relaxed enough to stop shedding. Your shedding can also be caused by extreme anxiety and stress, im not sure if youre going through that but judging by your posts, i think you are. You should have shaved it off when you first started, and then you could have started to grow it back 8 months or so into it. your mind wouldnt be constantly telling you to check for sheds or stare at your hair and analyze because its a buzzcut and you just cant tell progress with a buzzcut until you grow it out more.

i wish you the best man, buzz it down, relax, and reassess in a few months your situation. thats my advice

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 month on and still downhill in a big way. No difference on:

minoxidil
nizoral
dutasteride
finasteride
+ supplements

:badmood: f*** off

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
same old same old, hair continues to miniturise, thin and recede. Not happy, have thrown everything at it and have really been positive. Have woken up everyday praying that today will be the day that it will turn round but no luck, hundreds of hairs and less I can do with my hair.

For me it's the cosmetic thing and also the feeling of helplessness, it's always on my mind...never feel f*****g good in whatever I'm wearing because I feel I look a f*****g mess...
never feel comfortable.

sorry, but fucks sake. proof that it doesn't work for all

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just stopping by to say that still no change, miniturisation and thinning & receding.

dutasteride EOD
finasteride 1.25
foam x2 per day

good luck to others

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey can you post your original base line pic, it doesn't seem to load anymore?

Comparing the pics on the front page, to the pic one page back, it has definitely got worse (sorry), so I can see why you are freaking out.
I'm sorta like you, I have deteriorated rapidly from my baseline since taking finasteride, it seems to have just sped the process up. You sorta just wait and hope it is gonna get better (I'm about 8 months in), seeing you even further in though and it hasn't turned around really freaks me out though.

I seriously think in your case you should drop the meds, even if it is only for ike 6 months so you can assess where you are at. You have given them adequate time to work, they are clearly not helping though and maybe (I dunno how) they are aggravating the problem. I'd probably just stay on minoxidil, see how it goes. Losing clumps of hair like that isn't really normal, you obviously haven't responded to the drugs.

Anyways that is just what I think, sorry if it isn't what you want to hear.
Good luck dude, stay strong.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
appreciate the comments man just there's no point in my mind stopping because if I do I'm fucked. at least there is a slight bit of hope that one day it may turn around if I stay on the meds...

the only other option I can think of is to double the dutas dose or something? desperate times call for desperate measures!
:shock:

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Seroiusly man, I know its easy to say, but there comes a time when you just need to shave it all of. I am probably were you were at a few years ago. I have mild recession on the sides, but so far, relativily thick hair. I guess the typical routine will be that in a few years my hair will start to thin. No big deal. Well thats a lie, it will suck, but then I think Im just going to shave it off..there comes a point when trying to save your hair has no more athestic value. Once it starts thinning, or once it recedes beyond a certain point, the hair itself generally doesnt look nice(there are exceptions to the rule but generally)

I myself never take any treatments such as lotions or pills. Whilst finasteride may slow the process, I dont feel the side effects are worth the risk. My approach is to try and live a healthy lifestyle - eating fresh organic food, mainly a vegatarian diet, with fish and chicken now and then, and trying to aviod anything processed or sugary. And then exercising, and trying to live a more natural lifestyle. My message is dont fight it..I can only speak for myself, but if and when I start noticably thinning I will just buzz it down/shave it all off.

Theres no point in flogging a dead horse. I havnt seen any of your latest pics, only the ones on the first page. But thats my input. Perhaps you might want to rechange your tactics and adapt to your male pattern baldness.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
JDW said:
I know everyone says it but I really wouldn't suit a shaved head, both personality wise and looks wise. I have to keep going to try and stop this thing I just don't understand why using finasteride, nizoral, minoxidil and dutasteride hasn't stopped it :( :( :(

Sometimes in life you just have to surrender. male pattern baldness is usually a process that can never be halted (with virtually no exceptions, all though it can be slowed for generally short periods). Your on all these different treatments and they dont seem to be working for you. I would really take a few deep breathes and just look at things objectivly. You might realise that really all this is holding you back, all these treatments, pills, lotions, etc, that arent actually working are just further keeping you from just accepting yourself as you are.

In my case I struggle with the whole thing obvouisly. And although my general mindset at the moment about hair loss and life in general isnt quite where i want it to be, I feel that im almost there. I visualize myself being bald, popular, good looking, happy - whatever. Im not going to let hair loss take over the next few decades of my life. Im not saying thats bad; to want to improve in all areas, and to try and be good looking, of course not. But when it comes to hair loss, we need to be logical and objective and be able to know when enough is enough.

As previusly said - Theres no point flogging a dead horse. I am not saying this in direct reference to your hair as first I havent seen any recent pics and 2nd Im not here to judge. For the record, your first pics, you still have a fair amount of hair anyway. But from what you have said it seems like your not getting much out of the way you are trying to handle your hair loss. You never know how you will look when your head is shaved. Either shave it, or just let it be as it is. I think all this attempy to treat your hair loss only creates suffering and stress for you.

This is a very general thing to say - but in my observations - dont always think about ways to look good, but think about ways to be healthy. Out of all the guys I observe who are bald, its generally those who look healthy, have clear skin, and are toned, in decent shape(yet in proportion to their bdoy) that suit it well. Thier heads may not be in perfect shape, they may not be that good looking, but its the overall glow that is important. You dont need to have movie star looks or be a bodybuilder, you just need to go for an overall image of health. I guess biologically, a woman subconcously goes 4 a healthy man as well. ( Ironically, contridicting what I just said to some degree, hair is part of what makes us look healthy) But I think it looks far worse having a a half head of hair, which looks messy and crap, instead of no hair at all.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 months on and no difference, have cut hair short but still get 100 + hairs every night from just rubbing my head over basin.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JDW said:
6 months on and no difference, have cut hair short but still get 100 + hairs every night from just rubbing my head over basin.

Stop rubbing your head. Can you post some new pics? Are you noticing any further recession or just noticing the hairs that fall?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah a lot of recession + massive thinning. I barely touch the head but 100s fall out every day.I'll get some pics up and hopefuly a video.

1mg dutasteride daily