JayMan's weight journal.

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Guysm, first sorry for disturbing jaymens mission.

I am tall 6 foot 2 inches. My weight is now 129.8 pounds. My body fat is about 2% now. I have never weight more than 136.4 pounds.

I am used to be slim, so my aim is to have about 145 pounds at least, I would be glad for about 154 pounds in muscles, which seems ideal for my body torso. 15 - 25 pounds to gain is my aim.

I have some plan from one dietologist. I was told that half of my food should be carbs, 30% protein and about.

I am gaining right now about 2 pounds per month, but it seems it is not improving continuously. What would you suggest? I eat pretty much, breakfast, snatches, lunch, dinners.... Sure I want to gain weight in healthy way, I need at least about 4 pounds of fat and the rest should be muscles.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
tomas99 said:
Guysm, first sorry for disturbing jaymens mission.
I am gaining right now about 2 pounds per month, but it seems it is not improving continuously. What would you suggest? I eat pretty much, breakfast, snatches, lunch, dinners.... Sure I want to gain weight in healthy way, I need at least about 4 pounds of fat and the rest should be muscles.

If you want to gain weight, you'll need to pound on the calories. It appears you have a fast metabolism from your height and weight, or you have a health or diet problem. If you have a dietitian, you're already there. Just follow the meal plans. If you don't have any meal plans, make some using the diet plan - like the Zone Diet (40-30-30). Eat 6 times a day. It's a nuisance at first, but after a couple months, it becomes like clockwork.... okay, that's a lie.

If you're looking to gain muscle and mass, you'll need to stick pretty hard on your diet plan. Try avoiding eating fast food all the time (well, in the US at least). You can still eat fast food, but you're trying to adhere to a diet plan, so be sensible about it. French fries and a extra-large Coke is probably not very wise. There's a few people on here who are probably more knowledgeable on this subject. You can also check out Men Fitness websites. There's also programs that'll track and assist you on meal plans to some degree.

G

Tomas that is a disgustingly low weight. I want to be 130 pounds at 5'9 and a half" and a half but you weigh that much and are more than 4 inches taller. You're about 20 pounds underweight and need to do something about it in my opinion.

CCS

Reaction score
sgfdsgsdfg

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
and he is 6'2" with his shoes on. (no, they are not high heel shoes)

who the hell doubts your sister's boyfriend's height? no one said anything about high heeled shoes.

CCS

Reaction score
JayMan said:

who the hell doubts your sister's boyfriend's height? no one said anything about high heeled shoes.

hahaha! Just trolling. Got ya!

G

JayMan said:

hahaha! Just trolling. Got ya!

CCS don't troll my thread. :roll: :shock:

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
I have always been like this (underweight), but only now it seems that I am gaining some weight with proper balanced diet.

I have higher T (average for my age 8 - 25, I have 23) which I think could help in gaining muscles....I hope so:)

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
You're about 20 pounds underweight and need to do something about it in my opinion.

Agreed. 130lbs & 6'2" is wasting disease skinny. I'd even say he needs to gain more than 20lbs. More like 40 - 50lbs IMO. At 6'2" IMO most people should weigh about 170 minimum.

All you need to do is eat. You obviously have a super fast metabolism, so just eat a lot and lift weights. If you do cardio now, stop doing it. If you're gaining weight, your dietician is doing something right. Keep on following their advice.

Though, at this point, I don't see the need to stick to any ratio of fat/carbs/protein. I'd say, just eat whatever you want, but eat a lot. With your super duper metabolism, you should be able to lose any unwanted fat lbs quickly.

*EDIT*

Only 2lbs of weight gain per month? What is your maintenance caloric intake per day? How many calories per day are you eating?

I'm hoping the difference will be around 500 - 1000 calorie surplus per day...Otherwise, you're wasting your $$ on a dietician IMO. Actually, I still think you're wasting your $$ on a dietician. Any info he/she will give you can be easily found on the internet. At this point in your weight gaining routine, just eat, eat, eat. Simple as that. Screw fat/carbs/protein ratios, that only makes things confusing and time consuming.

What exercise plan are you following? Are you lifting weights? What rep scheme etc?

Make your own thread too. :)

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
I'm 6'2 and I weigh between 205 and 210. Thats perfect for me.

I can't seem to get above 225lbs. I was up to 228lbs in March, but haven't been able to go past that. My goal is 240lbs and 10% body fat, but I'm going to need to totally rethink my eating patterns.

bubka

Reaction score
Harie said:
ShedMaster said:

I can't seem to get above 225lbs. I was up to 228lbs in March, but haven't been able to go past that. My goal is 240lbs and 10% body fat, but I'm going to need to totally rethink my eating patterns.
how tall are you Harie?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Harie said:
ShedMaster said:

How old are you?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
harie is 6 foot 9

That would be awesome if it were true because I could be a basketball player. I'm only 6 foot 3 and 30 years old.

G

Harie said:
JayMan said:
harie is 6 foot 9

That would be awesome if it were true because I could be a basketball player. I'm only 6 foot 3 and 30 years old.

harie, you are a bodybuilder, right?

do you wish you were more around my height, a shade under 5'10"? i'm not a bodybuilder but i have read that shorter guys have an easier time as bodybuilders, due to the length advantage?

i wouldn't want to be 6'3". i'm average height now for a guy in the US but if i could be 6', that'd be nice. i don't bodybuild

i don't see many 6'3" bodybuilders. most are 6 feet or shorter. actually i'd say the majority that i've seen at the gym are my height(5'9" and a half) or shorter.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Height is irrelavant, its build that is a more determining factor in weight gain/loss. Edomorphs are better suited to bodybuilding than ectomorphs, most people fall somewhere in the middle (mesmomorph).

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
harie, you are a bodybuilder, right?

do you wish you were more around my height, a shade under 5'10"? i'm not a bodybuilder but i have read that shorter guys have an easier time as bodybuilders, due to the length advantage?

i wouldn't want to be 6'3". i'm average height now for a guy in the US but if i could be 6', that'd be nice. i don't bodybuild

i don't see many 6'3" bodybuilders. most are 6 feet or shorter. actually i'd say the majority that i've seen at the gym are my height(5'9" and a half) or shorter.

Nope, not a bodybuilder. I'm more into powerlifting. It's easier for a 5'5" man to look huge as hell though, compared to a 6ft man. Even in powerlifting, shorter people have an easier time with squat and bench because they don't have as great of range of motion to have a full rep.

CCS

Reaction score
Harie said:
It's easier for a 5'5" man to look huge as hell though, compared to a 6ft man. Even in powerlifting, shorter people have an easier time with squat and bench because they don't have as great of range of motion to have a full rep.

This is true. It is all about limb length, not height, though. Also, it is wrong to assume short people have more leverage, because their bicept tendons are probably attached proportionately closer to the elbow. But if a guy has shorter arms, he is lifting the weight less distance, and therefore needs less power to lift it. I don't see how that would make them bigger, though.

G

I'm 5'9" exactly as of my last physical in August, and I weighed myself today and am 146 pounds. I've been in between 145 and 150 since July.