I've Been Considering Starting Ru58841

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did that in 2016, bruh. Sadly having a shaved head as a chick isn’t so appealing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5514597/

Did you try something based on this?

Green tea extract and resveratrol did show to reduce AhR. Wouldnt overuse second one for sure, due to cox2 inhibition (maybe 1-3 times a week and get on castor to make somewhat up for the missing pge2). I found resv still to be interesting cause it seems to activate Lhx2 (http://refgene.com/gene/9355), the very same gene in woundhealing.

Both topically ofc.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5514597/

Did you try something based on this?

Green tea extract and resveratrol did show to reduce AhR. Wouldnt overuse second one for sure, due to cox2 inhibition (maybe 1-3 times a week and get on castor to make somewhat up for the missing pge2). I found resv still to be interesting cause it seems to activate Lhx2 (http://refgene.com/gene/9355), the very same gene in woundhealing.

Both topically ofc.
I actually do take 2mg of castor oil daily (orally) because I have long hair and I simply can’t apply it topically. It’s too messy. I have used it on my eyebrows and lashes though, and it does make them longer whilst it doesn’t really affect hair thickness or density at all.

I was actually looking as using CoQ10 with l-Carnitine topically, and I know that some guys have added l-Carnitine tartrate to their minoxidil, but I have no idea it minoxidil or anything alcohol based is a good vehicle. I have already ordered some l-Carnitine tartrate powder and know where I can get some CoQ10 powder, but it’s just about dosages and the right way to mix up a topical. I like the idea of using garnier stemox because it has niacinamide and ceramide already in it, and I can put my RU in it, but like I said, I don’t know if LCT and CO will work in It.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get mine from a supplier called Xian Lyphar biotech through alibaba. They are relatively cheap (compared to Kane), and quick delivery. I go the hot tip frok @IdealForehead who has used it himself and says it’s legit.

Xian Lyphar does have the best price:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-minoxidil-powder-xian-lyphar-biotech.109261/

For the record, I have bought minoxidil, RU58841, and three skin peptides from them (Pal KVK, Pal GQPR, and Pal GHK). Of those the only one I tested was minoxidil by NMR and mass spec.

I was going to get the RU tested but I stopped using RU since a month or so after I went on topical daro. So I can't say for sure the RU is legit, but their minoxidil certainly tested perfectly and they've always been very professional with me so I haven't bothered paying to test anything else.

If anyone wants to test it, I posted an explanation of how to do it here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-confirmation-and-purity.110078/#post-1582506

Generally it's only gonna be worth your money if you plan to stay on it long term. Then you just need to test a source once or every few years probably to be sure it's still legit as long as it's still working for you.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually do take 2mg of castor oil daily (orally) because I have long hair and I simply can’t apply it topically. It’s too messy. I have used it on my eyebrows and lashes though, and it does make them longer whilst it doesn’t really affect hair thickness or density at all.
Haha. I remember when I experimented with topical castor oil. Holy sh*t that stuff is impossible to wash out. I would shampoo and shampoo and shampoo like 5 times in one sitting and still come out of the shampoo greasy as f***.

I also have no idea how you take it orally. It gave me bowel cramps like crazy. Lovely experience all around.

No thanks. I'll take my experimental pharmaceuticals any day. At least they actually work. :)

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha. I remember when I experimented with topical castor oil. Holy sh*t that stuff is impossible to wash out. I would shampoo and shampoo and shampoo like 5 times in one sitting and still come out of the shampoo greasy as f***.

I also have no idea how you take it orally. It gave me bowel cramps like crazy. Lovely experience all around.

No thanks. I'll take my experimental pharmaceuticals any day. At least they actually work. :)
I find it has to be ONLY 1-2ml or I will literally be going to the loo every 5 minuets. It’s a delicate balance. As for it making any real difference to my hair, who knows. I’ve been on it coming up to 2 months. Avodart and RU coming up to a month. I realised recently that basically my hair cycle is fucked. I grow tons of hair for maybe 3 months out of the year, then my hair just won’t grow. I know this because my hairline will recede and I experimented with my body hair. I haven’t shaved my legs for a week. They haven’t grown. I remember when I first started losing hair, my hair wasn’t grow at all, ever. My terminal to belly’s hair ratio was 11:8, so that’s almost 75% of my hair miniaturising. I have a theory that minoxidil probably does work, but my hair growth cycle was so fucked up to begin with that it can only lengthen the anagen phase of hairs that were already fucked. Or maybe minoxidil has synchronised my hair growth cycle. Regardless I’m switching to topical stemoxydine and looking into scalp threading. Desperate.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any positive responders to RU?

Was thinking of low dose in a stemox solution.

Is there shedding with RU?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any positive responders to RU?

Was thinking of low dose in a stemox solution.

Is there shedding with RU?
I haven’t noticed any shedding, but I usually lose 80-150 hairs a day anyway. I’ve only been using it 3 weeks also, coming up on 4. Still losing hair like there’s no tomorrow. No regrow, BUT i’m hoping that switching to stemox stimulate some new growth that minoxidil has partially synchronised and fucked up. I’d also like to add that I’m mostly losing short, bulbless or miniturised hairs at the moment. No idea is that’s good or really really bad.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I experimented with oral Castor oil with like a mouthful in the morning...which was a mistake :oops:. Also tried mixing it with DMSO for topical but im not at a desperate enough state to yet to carry on trying something which is purely anecdotal.

@IdealForehead have you adopted seti/ fevi into your routine ?

@Georgie how are you finding RU - any thickening of vellus hairs or anything ? Also what dose are you using ? Im not sure if im just looking at my hairline wanting it to work, or if its actually doing anything.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I experimented with oral Castor oil with like a mouthful in the morning...which was a mistake :oops:. Also tried mixing it with DMSO for topical but im not at a desperate enough state to yet to carry on trying something which is purely anecdotal.

@IdealForehead have you adopted seti/ fevi into your routine ?

@Georgie how are you finding RU - any thickening of vellus hairs or anything ? Also what dose are you using ? Im not sure if im just looking at my hairline wanting it to work, or if its actually doing anything.
I put 1g in 20ml minoxidil which gives me 5% solution. I’m still receding and sams rate of hairloss.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, who else here likes the look of scalp threading?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol we’re you on the verge of shitting your pants daily with that amount of castor?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol we’re you on the verge of shitting your pants daily with that amount of castor?

Lol i thought i was alright with it which was why i was taking so much until i found myself literally waddling out of a lecture early. Never touched it again after that.

If you mean that scalp threading article thing yeah looks pretty legit but isnt exactly as easy as wounding though. If i find myself standing in front of my bathroom mirror with a sewing machine at 2am i know things have dropped to a new level lol.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. It would indeed appear that I am shedding again as you can see from this delightful ball of about 80 hairs that I lost in the shower alone. Could be the RU, could be the avodart, could be the weird predetermined sh*t that minoxidil has done to my hair.

Attachments

• 93BC0759-7F77-4557-92B2-BC0FB27C8A2D.jpeg
    93BC0759-7F77-4557-92B2-BC0FB27C8A2D.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 271

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel for you, hairloss is mentally mind f*****g for anyone but as a girl its extra fucked up i'm sure. If its any consolation looks like youve got the face to pull off probably any look.

I haven't had any increased shedding with RU so perhaps its the avodart - which i think would probably be a good sign then if its gonna grow back thicker.

As for minoxidil you might not be a good responder if you've got a lack of the sulfurtransferase enzyme so its just throwing your hair cycle into weird patterns..

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel for you, hairloss is mentally mind f*****g for anyone but as a girl its extra fucked up i'm sure. If its any consolation looks like youve got the face to pull off probably any look.

I haven't had any increased shedding with RU so perhaps its the avodart - which i think would probably be a good sign then if its gonna grow back thicker.

As for minoxidil you might not be a good responder if you've got a lack of the sulfurtransferase enzyme so its just throwing your hair cycle into weird patterns..
Minoxidil has been the only thing to regrow any hair on my head. I don’t think I can stop taking it, but if I do, I don’t know it if just makes anything else I use totally worthless given that my hair growth cycles are fucked and predetermined by minoxidil anyway. I’m so f*****g depressed.
I’m currently growing 0 hair on my entire f*****g body.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil has been the only thing to regrow any hair on my head. I don’t think I can stop taking it, but if I do, I don’t know it if just makes anything else I use totally worthless given that my hair growth cycles are fucked and predetermined by minoxidil anyway. I’m so f*****g depressed.
I’m currently growing 0 hair on my entire f*****g body.

That sounds pretty awful Georgie :( . You sound like a real f*****g mystery though if your whole body is affected. Have you had skin biopsies and stuff to see if theres anything obvious ?

Lets hope 2018 is the year we actually get something substantial so i dont have to keep worrying about my 30's in my 20's lol.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds pretty awful Georgie :( . You sound like a real f*****g mystery though if your whole body is affected. Have you had skin biopsies and stuff to see if theres anything obvious ?

Lets hope 2018 is the year we actually get something substantial so i dont have to keep worrying about my 30's in my 20's lol.
I had biopsies back in 2015 which determined it’s Androgenetic Alopecia, with a terminal to vellus hair ratio of 11:8, which means almost 75% of my hair was/is miniaturising. Somehow it also messaged up my facial and body hair growth too. Like menopausal Androgenetic Alopecia caused by low estrogen and androgens. It is a mystery and it makes me suicidal quite frankly. I’m praying for Brotzu or Follica this year. Maybe replicel. I’m also seriously considering scalp threading. I do have super low ferretin and have been needing to get an iron infusion for a while now (which i am getting next week), but to say my kind of aggressive, pattern hairloss is related to that is a very long shot. Currently my crown and top of my head are the thinnest and most worrisome. I’m under no illusions that It is anything but female Androgenetic Alopecia.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I was actually looking as using CoQ10 with l-Carnitine topically, and I know that some guys have added l-Carnitine tartrate to their minoxidil, but I have no idea it minoxidil or anything alcohol based is a good vehicle. I have already ordered some l-Carnitine tartrate powder and know where I can get some CoQ10 powder, but it’s just about dosages and the right way to mix up a topical. I like the idea of using garnier stemox because it has niacinamide and ceramide already in it, and I can put my RU in it, but like I said, I don’t know if LCT and CO will work in It.

Yeah, I am also not using castor globally. I am applying it only on temples. I use 3x daily like 2x 2.2ml orally. I still try to see where the limit is.

Argan oil contains some q10 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22007968) and melatonin (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3681103/). You could mix in additionally q10 and then go with dmso/ lots of ethanol or even use stemox as base. Oil is terrible at penetrating, so I would choose dmso, alone for the fact it resolves fibrotic tissue. Ethanol makes it less oily I guess. Ofc you could also consider 99% DMSO scalp peelings, they are important when you thing scalp fibrosis is a thing in you.

Be wary about l-carnitine-l-tartrate. I am not sure if it does any good, but there it is lithium-tartrate. Lithium is a powerful wntpathway mimetic and gsk inhibitor, which should not be overused, I guess in that mix nothing should happen though. If you consider lclt then you might also consider taurine, dirt cheap that did show to inhibit tgf-b1, lclt inhibits tgf-b2.

Spoke too soon. It would indeed appear that I am shedding again as you can see from this delightful ball of about 80 hairs that I lost in the shower alone. Could be the RU, could be the avodart, could be the weird predetermined sh*t that minoxidil has done to my hair.

http://nequalsmyself.com/is-minoxidil-ruining-your-skin/

Not sure if minoxidil is really an option for women considering this. You should make sure that other topical you use make it not go more systemetically. The difference between 1 and 5% were like 5 more hairs. So I would maybe stick to a lower % and less pg is also nice for your skin.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I am also not using castor globally. I am applying it only on temples. I use 3x daily like 2x 2.2ml orally. I still try to see where the limit is.

Argan oil contains some q10 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22007968) and melatonin (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3681103/). You could mix in additionally q10 and then go with dmso/ lots of ethanol or even use stemox as base. Oil is terrible at penetrating, so I would choose dmso, alone for the fact it resolves fibrotic tissue. Ethanol makes it less oily I guess. Ofc you could also consider 99% DMSO scalp peelings, they are important when you thing scalp fibrosis is a thing in you.

Be wary about l-carnitine-l-tartrate. I am not sure if it does any good, but there it is lithium-tartrate. Lithium is a powerful wntpathway mimetic and gsk inhibitor, which should not be overused, I guess in that mix nothing should happen though. If you consider lclt then you might also consider taurine, dirt cheap that did show to inhibit tgf-b1, lclt inhibits tgf-b2.

http://nequalsmyself.com/is-minoxidil-ruining-your-skin/

Not sure if minoxidil is really an option for women considering this. You should make sure that other topical you use make it not go more systemetically. The difference between 1 and 5% were like 5 more hairs. So I would maybe stick to a lower % and less pg is also nice for your skin.
Thanks for all that info. I do actually use Argan oil on the ends of my hair but never thought about using it on my scalp. I recently started taking coq10 300mg capsules daily because the topical version seems like a hassle to be honest, and I already feel like a damn chemist. I like the idea of using garnier stemox because it has niacinamide and ceramide in it, which is anti-aging also. The Carnitine come about because I have read some great studies, and I’m encouaged by the fact that they are performed on humans and not rodents. Here’s one
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17927577/
I have heard however that it’s best in a liposomal vehicle, which stemox isn’t. DMSO I’ve read is a good alternative, but it would also mean making a separate topical. Perhaps it’s not a bad idea to make one with a few other things like arginine and taurine. I’m no chemist though so I wouldn’t really know what ratios and percentages to use. Lithium I will avoid because it is basically liver toxic.

minoxidil is a hard on. Pretty sure I’m allergic to oral doses over 3mg, and to be honest I have noticed my skin age a bit I’ve the past couple of years. The facial bloating is by far the worst though. I’m considering taking 3mg oral minoxidil alone with 25-50mg spironolactone to reduce water retention and totally take out topical minoxidil and do my stemox/ru/niacinamide/Carnitine instead. I have some peppermint oil I might add in also. I like the idea of caffeine, arginine and taurine too but it’s all gonna be so complicated adding all that into a topical. I also use cetirizine in distilled water too so it’s a lot of topiclas to use in a day.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for all that info. I do actually use Argan oil on the ends of my hair but never thought about using it on my scalp. I recently started taking coq10 300mg capsules daily because the topical version seems like a hassle to be honest, and I already feel like a damn chemist. I like the idea of using garnier stemox because it has niacinamide and ceramide in it, which is anti-aging also. The Carnitine come about because I have read some great studies, and I’m encouaged by the fact that they are performed on humans and not rodents. Here’s one
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17927577/
I have heard however that it’s best in a liposomal vehicle, which stemox isn’t. DMSO I’ve read is a good alternative, but it would also mean making a separate topical. Perhaps it’s not a bad idea to make one with a few other things like arginine and taurine. I’m no chemist though so I wouldn’t really know what ratios and percentages to use. Lithium I will avoid because it is basically liver toxic.

minoxidil is a hard on. Pretty sure I’m allergic to oral doses over 3mg, and to be honest I have noticed my skin age a bit I’ve the past couple of years. The facial bloating is by far the worst though. I’m considering taking 3mg oral minoxidil alone with 25-50mg spironolactone to reduce water retention and totally take out topical minoxidil and do my stemox/ru/niacinamide/Carnitine instead. I have some peppermint oil I might add in also. I like the idea of caffeine, arginine and taurine too but it’s all gonna be so complicated adding all that into a topical. I also use cetirizine in distilled water too so it’s a lot of topiclas to use in a day.

You could try Sulfasalazine, it modulates prostaglandins lowering pgd2 and increasing pge2.

Adenosine is better than caffeine from what I heard. Caffeine is also pretty much considered as cox2 inhibitor, being bad for pge2.
Adeno also has the hair thickening effect like niacinamide, and the powder form is cheap dirt( I checked recently ebay, one seller from australia was selling it). I am not sure about peppermint oil, no one had success with it and there is contrary research showing that it either increases or inhibits pge2. I would guess it is the second considering no one has that success of the mice study.

Maybe also try some vitamin c serum. Vit C reduces Dkk1. You could get a Vit C serum with argan stem cells. Argan stem cells have shown to increase Sox2. In theory Sox2 is also beneficial for hair. I am thinking of getting one for myself.