it's killing me... slowly... from the inside...

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember all these guys.Saf was like the God father of this forum - He had all the answers and advice and made Thousands of posts,he just quit all of a sudden no good byes nothing.

Ucman is the only one hanging in there. He is a legend as well,he gives good advice, always had real life situations he related very well..

I remember Fred the Belgian was just coming through the ranks in those days. He wasn't saying much at first, but as soon as he had his hair transplant he really got talking almost to the point of annoying everyone. Now he has quit.

It's like people pass on the main player/ actor roles to other people on this forum. Kind of like a soap opera say "Days of our Lives or Bold and the Beautiful".

@WhitePolarBear

K

karankaran

I know how you feel OP...

I have the hairline of NW2 but the crown of NW5. So, essentially, I am bald - yesterday I was applying rogaine and I need to part my hair for that. After applying minoxidil, I came to a realization that my bald crown is expanding towards the front of my head. This is how my father got bald. Same way, same time schedule. This despite the fact that I am on finasteride for almost a year now.

Yesterday, I was thinking - 'WHAT THE HELL! f*** this sh*t... If it is my genetic destiny to go bald, let it happen.' But I do not want to give up. I just started minoxidil and I will keep on finasteride and minoxidil because we all need hope to survive.

So as you can see: I made this post all about me and less about you. But I do not have anyone to share my frustration with.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
2008:
a bit of a introduction - soon to be 26... NW2 now... everything started 2 years ago when I suddenly noticed that my temples started receeding. at first I thought that this is normal, everybody loses some hair. but no, after half an year it turned out that it's really getting on speed. then I found this forum, and I saw that there are some really nice people here, the whole atmosphere is so supportive... so far so good. I've started with some treatments(you can check my regimen, nothing really big, I will probably add tricomin), I am not sure if they are effective or not... you know, it's difficult to tell when you look everyday in the mirror. I only hope that they did more good than harm. the thing is that I am trying not to pay so much attention and I simply can't.. this sh*t is taking too much of my time. shower, shampoo, minoxidil... morning, evening... even women don't spend so much time on cosmetics(you should put a terrible acne into account here)... and of course you can't put minoxidil when you are going outside because I tend to keep my hair slightly longer and it's making styling impossible (not that it's difficult to maintain your favourite hair style the less hair you have). not to mention revivogen. it probably can't get worse. this oily brown stuff is ridiculous... imaging having that on your hair and going outside (even to the local store LOL)... yeah I am not even mentioning girls here... aaaahh. they probably should have combined it with cow sh*t to have an excuse how ridiculous that treatment is... and that's not all... I spend huge amounts of time reading about this treatment or that treatment. I will also try not to mention the everdepressing thought that I am going to loose it sooner or later... I am just plain f*ckin angry... I feel like going outside and shouting... is this what normal life is supposed to be ?

Same dude 2017:
damn... time flies...

small update... I am seriously thinking of getting on finasteride... the diffusing on top of my head is now impossible to hide even with longer hair...
time to pull out the big guns...

any advice before scheduling with a derm? (I am in the USA)

A perfect example of why people are better off skipping the hipster bullshit and wishful thinking and just getting on finasteride as soon as possible...treat this sh*t BEFORE it gets bad

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, OP, since you are 35 and have been in this forum for 9 years, what finasteride advice do you need?
The only advice is: take it, stop it if it "hurts"

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
Checking in again. I am now Norwood 4 and I shave it or do a super close buzz cut.

I just decided that it's not worth it to ruin my health just for vanity. If I could I would give this piece of advice to my younger me... just do a buzz cut, save your money and get on with your life... there are much more important things and having a full head of hair is irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Checking in again. I am now Norwood 4 and I shave it or do a super close buzz cut.

I just decided that it's not worth it to ruin my health just for vanity. If I could I would give this piece of advice to my younger me... just do a buzz cut, save your money and get on with your life... there are much more important things and having a full head of hair is irrelevant in the big scheme of things.
Wrong. As a Norwood 7 who recovered his hair to a Norwood 4 or 5 (depending on opinions) and buzzes it as well, I know it is worth risking your health for hair.

Women HATE bald. They hate you so much that they want you dead. Tossed into a gas chamber.

BaldingSince18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wrong. As a Norwood 7 who recovered his hair to a Norwood 4 or 5 (depending on opinions) and buzzes it as well, I know it is worth risking your health for hair.

Women HATE bald. They hate you so much that they want you dead. Tossed into a gas chamber.
every good looking female at my work (also the older ones) have a husband with hair, thats why there is no way I will be giving up even though I‘m destined to be norwood 7 in 1-2 years, I‘m trying a hair transplant to at least get my hairline back - women find bald men repulsive which is in their primal genetics

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
every good looking female at my work (also the older ones) have a husband with hair, thats why there is no way I will be giving up even though I‘m destined to be norwood 7 in 1-2 years, I‘m trying a hair transplant to at least get my hairline back - women find bald men repulsive which is in their primal genetics

fa1a77d98059a377d37d3f0ccb428b93.gif

Attachments

• 1717887246726.png
    1717887246726.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 5