it's killing me... slowly... from the inside...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I agree too. If you read my earlier post, I said I wouldn't delve into the dating scene unless I had a steady job, car and a place of my own- those are the basics. Alot of women might consider you a loser without them. If you can't support yourself, then what woman is going to want to start a relationship with you? When it comes to more short term stuff like trying to hook up for one night stands at bars, then sure I could get my physique together in a month, dress well...even get a good system just for going out and I'm sure I would be able to pull a decent amount of fanny, but I would feel a little paranoid and disingenuous about wearing. The thing about wearing is that it is based on the belief that women won't accept you as bald, and for the most part I still believe that is pretty well founded. The general consensus amongst single women is that honesty is the best policy, but then reject you when you are honest about your hairloss... so based on that hypocrisy, you can say those same women deserve to be deceived. If baldness truly is a handicap in the dating realm, then why shouldn't we use what we have at our disposal to level the playing field?

CCS

Reaction score
Do you think it matters what kind of car you drive? What if the paint is pealing off, but it drives well? I just don't want to sell a vehicle that drives well. I'd rather get the miles out of it, then buy another later. Not having a car payment is just so nice.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
unfortunately that sums up the shalow attitude of most of the people today...

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone of the posters here is still around :)

uncomfortable man is the only one from all the previous posters who is still around. He currently hasn't been on for over a month now, he'll have inactive periods every now and then.

The community believes CCS and s.a.f just moved on, and they haven't made any posts for a longtime. It's makes me wonder how they're doing, and what the current state of their hair is.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
it was already going for almost 2 years when I posted this... I would say I am NW2.5 now but the biggest impact is diffusing on top of my head. it really accelerated this year.

p.s.
apparently not everyone is balding at the same rate... no need for douchebag comments

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If baldness truly is a handicap in the dating realm, then why shouldn't we use what we have at our disposal to level the playing field?

Remove the (why?) question part on UCM's last remarks and make it a statement, and we have IMO one of the finer summations presented here at the school ofHair Loss Talk basic training 101. Over six years later.
Well done UCM..,wherever you've roamed.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
damn... time flies...

small update... I am seriously thinking of getting on finasteride... the diffusing on top of my head is now impossible to hide even with longer hair...
time to pull out the big guns...

any advice before scheduling with a derm? (I am in the USA)

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy crap this is nearly 10 years since you posted this. You have done nothing in that time to combat your hair loss?

Welcome back by the way!

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn... time flies...

small update... I am seriously thinking of getting on finasteride... the diffusing on top of my head is now impossible to hide even with longer hair...

You're only 9 years late. I'm glad you've made up your mind so quickly.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
you are being very helpful :)
as you can probably figure this out by yourselves my hairloss was really slow... but this is not really the case any more...

I mostly used a lot of minoxidil during all those years... some revivogen and other kinds of crap...

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, you really should've hopped on Finasteride in 2008. In any case, it's interesting to see someone follow up after so many years, even if it's with a not-so-stellar result.

Also, it's so weird seeing these posts from 2008. I was 16 back then, didn't know about this forum, hair loss wasn't even in the back of my mind. I had the thickest head of hair from all the people I knew, and probably will never have hair so thick again. It's just weird seeing posts back from that era and realise that people were dealing with this sh*t way back when I was completely oblivious.

And f***, 9 years later, I get to use the same primitive treatments as the people back then. How defeating.

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember all these guys.Saf was like the God father of this forum - He had all the answers and advice and made Thousands of posts,he just quit all of a sudden no good byes nothing.

Ucman is the only one hanging in there. He is a legend as well,he gives good advice, always had real life situations he related very well..

I remember Fred the Belgian was just coming through the ranks in those days. He wasn't saying much at first, but as soon as he had his hair transplant he really got talking almost to the point of annoying everyone. Now he has quit.

It's like people pass on the main player/ actor roles to other people on this forum. Kind of like a soap opera say "Days of our Lives or Bold and the Beautiful".

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember Fred the Belgian was just coming through the ranks in those days. He wasn't saying much at first, but as soon as he had his hair transplant he really got talking almost to the point of annoying everyone. Now he has quit.

Yeah, thank god for that

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thank god for that

Yes, he really got too big for his boots in the end. I remember one time I tried to give him a bit of advice and he just ignored me and went on with his rants,I had one more go at helping him and He just ignored me again.

He was up himself big time.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn... time flies...

chancellor-palpatine-do-it-do-it.jpg