it's killing me... slowly... from the inside...

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
a bit of a introduction - soon to be 26... NW2 now... everything started 2 years ago when I suddenly noticed that my temples started receeding. at first I thought that this is normal, everybody loses some hair. but no, after half an year it turned out that it's really getting on speed. then I found this forum, and I saw that there are some really nice people here, the whole atmosphere is so supportive... so far so good. I've started with some treatments(you can check my regimen, nothing really big, I will probably add tricomin), I am not sure if they are effective or not... you know, it's difficult to tell when you look everyday in the mirror. I only hope that they did more good than harm. the thing is that I am trying not to pay so much attention and I simply can't.. this sh*t is taking too much of my time. shower, shampoo, minoxidil... morning, evening... even women don't spend so much time on cosmetics(you should put a terrible acne into account here)... and of course you can't put minoxidil when you are going outside because I tend to keep my hair slightly longer and it's making styling impossible (not that it's difficult to maintain your favourite hair style the less hair you have). not to mention revivogen. it probably can't get worse. this oily brown stuff is ridiculous... imaging having that on your hair and going outside (even to the local store LOL)... yeah I am not even mentioning girls here... aaaahh. they probably should have combined it with cow sh*t to have an excuse how ridiculous that treatment is... and that's not all... I spend huge amounts of time reading about this treatment or that treatment. I will also try not to mention the everdepressing thought that I am going to loose it sooner or later... I am just plain f*ckin angry... I feel like going outside and shouting... is this what normal life is supposed to be ?

s.a.f

Reaction score
You need to get on finasteride or dutasteride these topicals are just small arms in comparison. And for a NW2 dont you think you're overreacting what if you were a 4/5/6?

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
I knew someone is going to say that ;(. what difference does it make where I am on Norwood scale? you either lose it or not... besides that it's taking me the same amount of time to deal with. I am just wondering how do you get past that... social life and following your regimen, etc.

respect

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Chill out a bit dude. :punk:

I probably have the same hairloss as you but am only 22, making it worse as your peers are all a bit immature still (Like to joke) and all have perfect hair. If I (still?) have an Norwood 2 at 26 I'd be delighted. Get on finasteride and if you respond well you could keep the same hair for 5 years at least and pretty much forget about it for the time being.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Get on meds, but meanwhile, work on acceptance, try shaving your head close (buzz to #2) to get the feel, its not the end of the world you have to realize it, don't shut yourself soicaly! its very easy to drag into this loop, i think that sticking on this forum too much too long is not healthy too, get out, enjoy life - you are young and NW2 isn't bad at all!! (and btw, you probably stuck at 2 or 3 on Kübler-Ross model, i belive that if you understand what you are going throw, it easier to cope. {btw sorry i made it a habit to spot HairLossTalk.com members on the scale and watching them varying from one stage to another, back and forth sometimes...} )

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Then stop taking the meds and see what happens.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
I am trying to chill out, yeah... but the thought that it always can be worse is not really helping. acceptance is the hardest part... I don't why but shaving my head has been one of my worst fears since I was really little LOL. that is definately a part of the issue :)

thanks for the replies I just needed to vent...

IBM

Reaction score
balding takes all our worst qualities to the skin. Its a process where most of us, considered as non alpha males, go from sunshine to rainy dear.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
balding takes all our worst qualities to the skin. Its a process where most of us, considered as non alpha males, go from sunshine to rainy dear.

what the hell does that even mean?

ps 99% of people don't even see nw2 as balding so quick being a b**ch.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
cleverusername said:

Why do you talk to him in that manner? Is it because you can from behind your little computer?

And what do you talk to him in that manner, because you can behind your... etc. etc.??

Anyway what manner? He asked him what that means. What else is he going to do, find out where he lives and turn up randomly so he can ask him in person?

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
cleverusername said:

Why do you talk to him in that manner? Is it because you can from behind your little computer?

I think I was drunk when I wrote that because I usually just think that and don't write it but in any case it's because there are so many hypochondriacs on this site that have absolutely no visible hair loss and act like their life is over. Meanwhile those of us who are much worse off manage to live full lives and would love to be in their situation. So maybe it's a bit harsh but he needs to man up and realize he doesn't have it bad at all.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It is normal to have such feelings as it is a part of the transition phase of adapting into becoming a Helgast. At first you may seem weaker but in fact through the sacrifice of your hair you have become stronger. Embrace your Helgan destiny. :firing:

Attachments

• scolarvisari.thumbnail.jpg
    scolarvisari.thumbnail.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 749

CCS

Reaction score
Staying social is easy, especially if you are an alcoholic. Alcoholics love the company of other alcoholics. You don't have to have anything in common. Just show up and drink your beer and play your beer pong with a smile. As long as they feel that you accept their alcoholism, they are glad to have you around because it make them feel good.

One of the reasons I don't socialize is the only place my friends ever want to go is the bar. They want me to go to the bar, have a drink, and hit on some women. They will not do anything else with me. I just don't want to hit on women right now because they all feel so entitled. Unless you are clearly an above average looking guy, they think you have to buy them everything and not get anything in return, even if they are ugly.

They keep pushing me to go hit on women who are out of my league, and they insist that looks don't matter and only how I say what I say matters to women. They say as long as I talk right, I can get any hottie in the room. Yet I never see them with pretty girlfriends. I've seen them buy drinks for pretty women, and talk to them until a tall guy comes over to relieve them of that duty, but that's all they get. But the keep going at it, and push me to do the same.

I prefer to stay at home push myself to lift weights. But I have a bad habbit of not going to the gym since my wrists can't handle bench press and dumbbell flies don't build strength as fast as bench press, and my left elbow can't handle chin ups, and my knees can't handle running, so all the best exercises are gone and the rest don't get me anywhere fast.

Sorry to take this off topic. But depending on your interests, you can always sociallize with other guys.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its all in the numbers, you hit with enough "hotties" one will go with you evantually..

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Smooth said:
Its all in the numbers, you hit with enough "hotties" one will go with you evantually..
Tell that to Dudemon, not even hotties either. Ask yourself how many times you can be rejected before it affects your confidence.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Look, I never seen Dude, all I know is that the guy had a noticable hair transplant and doesnt even want to hear about a system, how can you help someone who doesnt want to help himself... :dunno:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Maybe Dude's approach left something to be desired. :dunno: Most men are under the impression that they have to "hit" on a woman with cheezy lines to try and "spit game". To me that technique is totally transparent, contrived and awkward. I'm sure it would be charming to them if the guy were some hunk, but I think someone in our position would have to be a little more clever and cunning to stand out and not seem like a total shmuck. Like that bald guy who is "the greatest pick up artist" who appeared on the view. Most women probably wouldn't consider him a catch but he understands psychology (female) and social dynamics, applying that knowledge very manipulatively. The Game, that was his book... and it really is a game. There just happens to be a lot of stiff competition out there and we already have a strike against us going into that cut throat scene. I always figured that I would meet someone on my terms. iow, getting out there and doing something you love and are good at and meet them in your own element. That way they can see you for who you really are as opposed to trying to "dress yourself up" so you can advertise yourself at some bar or club.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fundi said:
And what do you talk to him in that manner, because you can behind your... etc. etc.??

Anyway what manner? He asked him what that means. What else is he going to do, find out where he lives and turn up randomly so he can ask him in person?

I asked the guy a question. I didn't sit here acting condescending towards him by calling him a "b**ch". See the difference?

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Maybe Dude's approach left something to be desired. :dunno: Most men are under the impression that they have to "hit" on a woman with cheezy lines to try and "spit game". To me that technique is totally transparent, contrived and awkward. I'm sure it would be charming to them if the guy were some hunk, but I think someone in our position would have to be a little more clever and cunning to stand out and not seem like a total shmuck. Like that bald guy who is "the greatest pick up artist" who appeared on the view. Most women probably wouldn't consider him a catch but he understands psychology (female) and social dynamics, applying that knowledge very manipulatively. The Game, that was his book... and it really is a game. There just happens to be a lot of stiff competition out there and we already have a strike against us going into that cut throat scene. I always figured that I would meet someone on my terms. iow, getting out there and doing something you love and are good at and meet them in your own element. That way they can see you for who you really are as opposed to trying to "dress yourself up" so you can advertise yourself at some bar or club.

I think if you try The Game, you will find that many guys, some to dumb to understand it and others experts, are already trying it too. Stiff competition. If you can fix your appearance, you can get women in 2 seconds. If you just use the game, you got to spin your wheels a lot and get lucky once in a while. That is a lot of time and energy that could be spent in the gym or at work or on your life. The game is about tricking people, making them think you have connections and power. Spend too much time faking it, and you got nothing real left. I'd rather stay out of it and fix my life.