Its Impossible To Stop Hairloss On The Hairline Without Dutas

killme

Established Member
Reaction score
the reductase found on scalp biopsies around the hairline shown to contain the type that finasteride doesnt inhibit as well

in other words, we need to reduce 95% of our dht for the hope of stopping this nightmare

life is a joke

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the reductase found on scalp biopsies around the hairline shown to contain the type that finasteride doesnt inhibit as well

in other words, we need to reduce 95% of our dht for the hope of stopping this nightmare

life is a joke

Get a hair transplant in the hairline and keep the rest with finas +minoxidil+keto ..

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im loosing my hair on finasteride

drug is doing literally nothing after almost 2 years

zero improvement

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score

life is a joke
dutasteride will eat your hairline alive!
Im loosing my hair on finasteride

drug is doing literally nothing after almost 2 years

zero improvement
Maybe its time to try something different?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

life is a joke

Can you share the literature you are referring to. I’ve always been under the impression that the type II isoform is what is found to be most prevalent in HFs.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride will eat your hairline alive!

Maybe its time to try something different?
Why do you say it will the hairline alive? Just curious. thx

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@killme ; can you post a link to the study which explain this ?
duta inhibit the same 2-5ar as fina and some 5 ar -1 which is useless for hair loss

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you say it will the hairline alive? Just curious. thx
Because the majority of reports I've read on various forums of people using dutasteride mostly report an acceleration of their male pattern baldness, especially at the hairline. I know its only anecdotal reports but aren't all online reports? From what I've seen and read few people get good results. I don't know why it happens, it just does.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Because the majority of reports I've read on various forums of people using dutasteride mostly report an acceleration of their male pattern baldness, especially at the hairline. I know its only anecdotal reports but aren't all online reports? From what I've seen and read few people get good results. I don't know why it happens, it just does.

SwissTemples is on dutasteride and he has the most dense hair i've ever seen.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
SwissTemples is on dutasteride and he has the most dense hair i've ever seen.
If you're meaning the guy with the PGE2 results I think his hair isn't good. Its not awful, but you can tell he is balding. Still, getting some results is better than no results. Im not saying dutasteride doesn't work,because it does.. But not for everyone.. Not even for most people with regards to hair maintenance and growth.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AnxiousAndy, have you ever read about dutasteride giving you a small pain on the scalp? Its been months i'm felling this. Normally, i noticed a certain spot on my scalp, and when i touch it, i fell a little pain.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
AnxiousAndy, have you ever read about dutasteride giving you a small pain on the scalp? Its been months i'm felling this. Normally, i noticed a certain spot on my scalp, and when i touch it, i fell a little pain.
Not a pain, no. I have read of an itch that I happened to get on finasteride. I do experience 'pain' on my scalp from time to time, like someone is pricking my scalp with the head of a pin.. Is it similar to your pain?

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a pain, no. I have read of an itch that I happened to get on finasteride. I do experience 'pain' on my scalp from time to time, like someone is pricking my scalp with the head of a pin.. Is it similar to your pain?
My scalp becomes noticeable, which is not supposed to do, you feel something is going on. And you go and touch the area, and notice that it hurts just a little, a minimal pain. You notice too that in the area it seems that it is a little bump whose pain irradiates to the areas near it. The areas near it become tense, i gesse thats the word. My god, english is so difficult!! Hope i made myself a little clear. Its not something that ruins your day per se, you can liveon with it, it doesnt itch. But you know it's there, and that and the fact that you are losing hair, turns it to something important.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Some of the best results posted on this forum have been from dutasteride though

killme

Established Member
Reaction score
@killme ; can you post a link to the study which explain this ?
duta inhibit the same 2-5ar as fina and some 5 ar -1 which is useless for hair loss
Unfortunately I cant remember the link. But I think it said some type of reductase found on the hairline was the type that finasteride doesnt interact with.

killme

Established Member
Reaction score
My scalp becomes noticeable, which is not supposed to do, you feel something is going on. And you go and touch the area, and notice that it hurts just a little, a minimal pain. You notice too that in the area it seems that it is a little bump whose pain irradiates to the areas near it. The areas near it become tense, i gesse thats the word. My god, english is so difficult!! Hope i made myself a little clear. Its not something that ruins your day per se, you can liveon with it, it doesnt itch. But you know it's there, and that and the fact that you are losing hair, turns it to something important.

From my experience, that is an inflamated follicle, ingrowth or something, sometimes it's red and maybe it's open and bloody therefore hurts

My finasteride and minoxidil foam makes my scalp feel fresher, everything else i've tried is f*****g useless. This makes me suspect DHT is obviously the cause of inflammation or part of it.

My last hope is dutasteride topically a treatment i will start as soon as possible in a french clinic, expensive as f*** so I hope I can at least stop it, ive seen good results. If that doesnt work I give up, i'll shave my NW2 and put a wig on top before someone notices im going bald on the crown too.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why the f*** would dutasteride "eat at your hairline alive" when DHT is eating your hairline alive literally?
Good question. Personally, I am chemically castrated ( wasn't my first choice ) and have very little testosterone and DHT in my body. I initially before any treatment had very slow hair loss and was sure finasteride would slow my loss at the very least.. I was very wrong. Somehow when i started finasteride my balding accelerated and thick hairs became thin literally overnight, dissolving my temples and quickly affecting my hairline which wasn't even a problem before!
Honestly, my issue isn't with dutasteride specifically, its with finasteride.. But according to many acedotal report duta hurts the frontal hairline and becuase of my experience I'm a firm believer in this phenomenon as it happened to me on only finasteride... For some people DHT plays little to no role in male pattern baldness. If you asked me this 2 years ago i'd call you a hypochondriac but from my own experience I've lost more hair in less than 2 years of treatment than I have in previous 5 years of slow hair loss with no treatment. I've got no reason to lie and I have before and afters posted on here already as proof.. I still recommended finasteride as a first line treatment because it does work for most people. Unfortunately for me I fell into minority of people that it makes hair worse.. I'm just sick of others denying this possibility when it really does happen.. Officially scientifically documented or not, it happens..
Out of curiosity, are you on finasteride? Has it helped your hair?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question. Personally, I am chemically castrated ( wasn't my first choice ) and have very little testosterone and DHT in my body. I initially before any treatment had very slow hair loss and was sure finasteride would slow my loss at the very least.. I was very wrong. Somehow when i started finasteride my balding accelerated and thick hairs became thin literally overnight, dissolving my temples and quickly affecting my hairline which wasn't even a problem before!
Honestly, my issue isn't with dutasteride specifically, its with finasteride.. But according to many acedotal report duta hurts the frontal hairline and becuase of my experience I'm a firm believer in this phenomenon as it happened to me on only finasteride... For some people DHT plays little to no role in male pattern baldness. If you asked me this 2 years ago i'd call you a hypochondriac but from my own experience I've lost more hair in less than 2 years of treatment than I have in previous 5 years of slow hair loss with no treatment. I've got no reason to lie and I have before and afters posted on here already as proof.. I still recommended finasteride as a first line treatment because it does work for most people. Unfortunately for me I fell into minority of people that it makes hair worse.. I'm just sick of others denying this possibility when it really does happen.. Officially scientifically documented or not, it happens..
Well to be honest
I think most users here are bad responders to finasteride, or suffer from sides more than the average.
Because if - as you suggest - it does work, most users should have forgotten about hair loss altogether.
For me, finasteride was never the solution. Every time I used it, for a year at a time, the crown kept on degrading. For me finasteride did not help to keep hair, let alone regrow it.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

Finasteride did the same to me. It took me from dense NW0 to NW2 in a matter of 3 months and made my hair permanently oily. It's kind of irritating when people online question it. As if they know my body better than I do. Did anything help you regrow your hair? Perhaps anti-androgens that work differently from finasteride?