It's All About Money. There Is A Cure.

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"In the scalp, 30 sites were injected with 5 U of botulinum toxin in each site."

In my neck of the woods (a major city on the East Coast of the USA), 1 unit of Botox costs about $15, on average. The referenced study used 5 units per site, spread over 30 sites - in other words, 150 units of Botox (30 x 5). Doing the math, one treatment session of Botox for pattern baldness would cost $2250 USD. And since it needs to be repeated every 6 months, that's $4500 per year. Thus, Botox would be an expensive treatment option - perhaps out of reach for your average balding guy - and probably not good value for what you get.

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
"In the scalp, 30 sites were injected with 5 U of botulinum toxin in each site."

In my neck of the woods (a major city on the East Coast of the USA), 1 unit of Botox costs about $15, on average. The referenced study used 5 units per site, spread over 30 sites - in other words, 150 units of Botox (30 x 5). Doing the math, one treatment session of Botox for pattern baldness would cost $2250 USD. And since it needs to be repeated every 6 months, that's $4500 per year. Thus, Botox would be an expensive treatment option - perhaps out of reach for your average balding guy - and probably not good value for what you get.

2250 you said ? https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/going-to-try-botox-theres-been-a-clinical-trial.46807/ he got it for 350-450.

You know there isn't a linear relation between units injected and the price.
Also the first two injection are seperated by 6 month, but then i'm not sure you have to repeat it every 6 month, since the muscles really start to atrophy.

Snow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok this is a direct question... if you have the money right now.. how will you cure your baldness NOW?. When Botox won’t work as I had a failed hair transplant and all my existing follicles are far dead.
Personally,i'd brong together a bald guys comunity to fund our own reasearch and we'd choose our own unbiased independent scientists.i'm even thinking about it

Snow

My Regimen
Reaction score
We should bring together a comunity and fund our own research with trusted scientists that we would chose.there are plenty of balding high profiles out there who would willingly make a donation for a real cure.we should also stop bying their products.in my country(france) there's a recent case(this month i think)of class action against )propecia because consumers suffered of its irreversible side effects.i say enough is enough

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We should bring together a comunity and fund our own research with trusted scientists that we would chose.there are plenty of balding high profiles out there who would willingly make a donation for a real cure.we should also stop bying their products.in my country(france) there's a recent case(this month i think)of class action against )propecia because consumers suffered of its irreversible side effects.i say enough is enough

And after the research then what? then all of suddenly its all approved or what happens?

People make it sounds like there is a cure if you just hire who ever, and then 1 month later its ready for market for $20 for a treatment.

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
And after the research then what? then all of suddenly its all approved or what happens?

People make it sounds like there is a cure if you just hire who ever, and then 1 month later its ready for market for $20 for a treatment.

Well, a randomize study on botox injection and its effect on subcuteanous pO2, biopsy of follicules to determine the new expressed genes, and by how much the DHT concentration is localy reduced would be a good start to give the general research about Androgenetic Alopecia a new direction..
But the pharma who own the pattent about botulium toxin won't fund it.

Snow

My Regimen
Reaction score

What a stupid question.you create a think tank.you find flaws.and eventually find solutions.can't use it in a country? Do it in another one i dunno.at least you get your own honest answers.just because there are hurdles doesn't mean you should be all negative

"People make it sounds like there is a cure if you just hire who ever, and then 1 month later its ready for market for $20 for a treatment"...when did i say that? Your just putting down an idea by crudely interpreting my thoughts.i was warned that forums were full of pessimist negative people

You'd rather sit there all bitter constantly waiting for the next snake oil you'll bring down before it even reaches the market rather than take control of your own fate,that's your choice not mine

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a stupid question.you create a think tank.you find flaws.and eventually find solutions.can't use it in a country? Do it in another one i dunno.at least you get your own honest answers.just because there are hurdles doesn't mean you should be all negative

So what is it that companies and universities around the world is already doing? They are trying to do some GOOD research on this topic. But good research takes time.

You'd rather sit there all bitter constantly waiting for the next snake oil you'll bring down before it even reaches the market rather than take control of your own fate,that's your choice not mine

I would rather have companies doing what they can, and have a government organization making sure that i won't get any side effects that are more life threatening.

all problems have a solution, it just takes time to find it.

Snow

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what is it that companies and universities around the world is already doing? They are trying to do some GOOD research on this topic. But good research takes time.

Yeah,and meanwhile we sit there wondering wherever they really want to find a cure or just make bigger profits with treatments.people have been fed the same crap for half a century.

"companies and universities around the world is already doing?" Wasn't brotzu supposed to be a well repspected doctor,therefore a reliable source? Universities...oh yeah like that reliable yeditepede university?

"ReBoost has been formulated as a result of a long-term scientific study"

i'm new to this and was warned about the never ending (upcoming cure in 5 years) i've read old posts from 2010 about baldness coming to an end in a few years

I have nothing against people who wish to just wait for a cure really.but i'm not sitting there waiting forever what their motives are

I would rather have companies doing what they can, and have a government organization making sure that i won't get any side effects that are more life threatening.

all problems have a solution, it just takes time to find it.

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's sad, that unfortunately the world does not take this hair loss issue as seriously as it can. I know it's extremely difficult to figure it out but why is it that scientists or doctors still say they don't even know what makes minoxidil work? Like come on, how long has that drug been out? It just feels like the cure is always a few years away and it never truly arrives.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's sad, that unfortunately the world does not take this hair loss issue as seriously as it can. I know it's extremely difficult to figure it out but why is it that scientists or doctors still say they don't even know what makes minoxidil work? Like come on, how long has that drug been out? It just feels like the cure is always a few years away and it never truly arrives.
I have been saying for longtime that a mysterious factor could be behind hairloss which we never gonna find
People talk about fibrosis,calcifications, skull bone,erosion of fat but that causes has never been proven.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Botox isn’t my strong area im not sure about how much it costs/side effects/everything else! But these results are amazing. Could you get away with getting it done through a professional on what ever area you want?

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s both mind boggling and jarring that people actually think that a bunch of internet strangers could successfully crowd source a working treatment to something as complex as hair-loss. Do you guys think there are just a bunch of highly skilled cell biologists out there sitting on their asses waiting for a call to work on a cosmetic problem?

Snow

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s both mind boggling and jarring that people actually think that a bunch of internet strangers could successfully crowd source a working treatment to something as complex as hair-loss. Do you guys think there are just a bunch of highly skilled cell biologists out there sitting on their asses waiting for a call to work on a cosmetic problem?

People could've talked sh*t about crowdfunding fir humanitarian causes before too.now they're successfull.there can be highly skilled cell biologists in poorer countries who don't get funds.you chose to think hair loss is this incredibly complex thing and buy that story in the first place.scientist make incredible discoveries all around the world but get zero media coverage

I'ts both mind boggling and jarring that a guy will sit there,subscribe to a hairloss website,do nothing and wait deception after deception for a cure and bellitle others.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People could've talked sh*t about crowdfunding fir humanitarian causes before too.now they're successfull.there can be highly skilled cell biologists in poorer countries who don't get funds.you chose to think hair loss is this incredibly complex thing and buy that story in the first place.scientist make incredible discoveries all around the world but get zero media coverage

I'ts both mind boggling and jarring that a guy will sit there,subscribe to a hairloss website,do nothing and wait deception after deception for a cure and bellitle others.

I accept that hair-loss is incredibly complicated because that’s what the overwhelming body of evidence points to. When there becomes any tangible evidence whatsoever pointing to the contrary, I’ll reconsider my position but alas, that day has not come yet. I suppose you have a rational explanation as to why research teams on multiple continents have been trying to solve this issue for decades by raising millions upon millions of dollars in the hopes of seizing control of a multi-billion dollar market. Though you’re apparently a conspiracy theorist, so I won’t hold my breath for anything logical or convincing.

You’re right about one thing. I will do nothing because I can do nothing. I am simply an individual of moderate means who cannot through sheer will and positive thinking dictate the direction of an entire industry and its regulations. I’ll defer to you on how to logistically coordinate and oversee the research efforts for these skilled scientists in under developed nations while simultaneously raising millions of dollars in capital. Let’s hear it - I’m all ears.

Snow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I accept that hair-loss is incredibly complicated because that’s what the overwhelming body of evidence points to. When there becomes any tangible evidence whatsoever pointing to the contrary, I’ll reconsider my position but alas, that day has not come yet. I suppose you have a rational explanation as to why research teams on multiple continents have been trying to solve this issue for decades by raising millions upon millions of dollars in the hopes of seizing control of a multi-billion dollar market. Though you’re apparently a conspiracy theorist, so I won’t hold my breath for anything logical or convincing.

You’re right about one thing. I will do nothing because I can do nothing. I am simply an individual of moderate means who cannot through sheer will and positive thinking dictate the direction of an entire industry and its regulations. I’ll defer to you on how to logistically coordinate and oversee the research efforts for these skilled scientists in under developed nations while simultaneously raising millions of dollars in capital. Let’s hear it - I’m all ears.
"Conspiracy theorist"...there we go.hasn't even heard any references and already putting down.."tinfoil hat" is next.all ears with that mindset and attitude? There's none so deaf as one will not hear.the though barely made it out of my head and already at war with those very same people who should encourage and benefit from it

I can see why this industry will keep making huge profits with snake oil like minoxidil/propecia with that mindset.oh but it's FDA approved right? Must be legit.it's official.to each his own i'll do my own thing