Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sources say October is confirmed. They say it'll be on October 31st around 6pm. You have to go to Fidia's door and ring or knock. They'll come out and you have to use the code words "Trick or Treat". Pretty exciting, but I hope I don't get a trick!!
I'm ready. I already look like a deformed creature

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If life is lived on hairloss forums, then you've found the definition for a shitty life. Congratulations.

Do not congratulate others for having a shitty life.

Plus, I am not (that) young, I was simply showing empathy for those who have no life on here, I know how they feel, and I will not put them down for it.

506 posts in 9 years...that should tell you I don't post here all that much.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://experiment.com/projects/can-hair-loss-be-reversed-with-oxy133-a-sterol-based-drug-candidate

This crowdfunding is meant to test a compound which targets the Sonic Hedgehog Pathway.

Interesting the experiment:
"We hypothesize that dormant hair stem cells will be stimulated by Oxy133, resulting in increased hair growth in mice and (eventual) human testing."
"Oxy133, a sterol based activator of Hedgehog signaling, to enhance hair growth in mice through topical application of the compound, a simple but effective model of hair regrowth. We believe that Oxy133 is highly suited for dermatological applications due its high solubility in skin oil."

Mice growth hair with anything, then a lot of luck with human testing.

br1

Reaction score
"We hypothesize that dormant hair stem cells will be stimulated by Oxy133, resulting in increased hair growth in mice and (eventual) human testing."
"Oxy133, a sterol based activator of Hedgehog signaling, to enhance hair growth in mice through topical application of the compound, a simple but effective model of hair regrowth. We believe that Oxy133 is highly suited for dermatological applications due its high solubility in skin oil."

Also grows lots of cancer

New dimonesion

My Regimen
Reaction score

Don't know whether it will work or not, however hedgehog pathway seems to reverse hairloss. Yesting was halted by P&G in 2007 due to potential cancer risk.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you br1 for your input,
oxysterols influence carcinogenesis and cancer progression
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5474130/

BTW hair cells are "similar" to cancer cells,...., chemotherapy kills both types

Actually chemotherapy induced alopecia will be cure before Androgenetic Alopecia once again, they already had success with a protein that prevents hair loss during chemo.

Mobilizing transit-amplifying cell-derived ectopic progenitors prevents hair loss from chemotherapy or radiation therapy
http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/early/2017/09/22/0008-5472.CAN-17-0667

Anyway we know that genotoxicity-induced HF injury is well repaired by the body itself (even if we don't know why) and this kind of alopecia is only temporary.
Best quote from the study :
"After high-dose IR, when both matrix and hair bulb cells were depleted, the surviving outer root sheath cells rapidly acquired a SC-like state and fueled HF regeneration. Their progeny then homed back to SC niche and supported new cycles of HF growth."

Guess which cells Androgenetic Alopecia and DHT are actually depleting ?

I'll be extremely curious (and i know it can seems brutal) to see results of a chemotherapy on a balding scalp, will the old Norwood pattern emerge after recovery ? Or damages are beyond recovery due to additional and collateral fracking of *spoiler of question*.