Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but has everyone seen the before and after pics of his presentation (see earlier in this thread). Imho they are absolute crap and show very little to no progress whatsoever. Not sure if Italy has already entered the age of smartphones (to take better pics).
I know a big part of this should be maintenance but the regrowth claims are pretty bold too and those pics really dont show a lot of that.

Also Brotzu's hair is not fantastic either. Sure, he'll say that his follicles have been dead for longer than 5 years but I'm more and more leaning towards a big fat "meh"

I guess I ve just been here for too long to see any possibilities here of the miracle cure so many of you seem to be hoping for with thisone.

As always: I hope I m wrong but I ll reserve my jawdrop moment for when I see incredible before/after pics.
It is not a miracle cure. It is just a treatment which might replace finasteride/minoxidil for some people.
And tell me about these promising companies which failed? Did they try to use s-equol(dht killer) and PGE1 (probably great discovery which beats minoxidil in terms of regrowth)? In liposomal delivery?

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Brotzu's lotion could replace finasteride, give you regrowth and only require twice weekly application after 2 years it would be a dream.

Now I hope the daily dose is something liberal like 4-5ml of lotion to cover the whole head, not 1ml like minoxidil which is marketed only for use on the crown. Otherwise this would be very costly for AA and diffuse thinners.

I wish that Italian lady on fb could have provided some information about her regime using the Fidia lotion. Instead she got rather pissed that her name was being posted on forums (which is understandable).

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes of course companies have failed in the past. Of course this might not turn out legit. But the science looks promising and the Doctor seems reputable, so I'm reserving some hope for this. Also the Doctor himself has said that it's less effective for people over 40, as most treatments are. And who is anyone to say that he must care about his hair? You gotta be pretty arrogant to assume you know what's going on in other people's heads, jesus

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you give me a link to these pictures?

sure:
1) http://imgur.com/18MhJdG
and
2) http://imgur.com/a/YjxpK

(taken from https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j1a99vibfyyc6r/Brotzu Il Dermatologo anno XXXVII n.1-2015 marzo.pdf?dl=0)

Pics are absolutely horrible. My cat could take better pictures with her blind eye.
If someone would have showed me these pics and said they were from 1982, I would have believed them.

Other than just the quality being awful , I'm not sure what they are supposed to show. "stoppage of hairloss + early signs of improvement" according to the description below the pictures (I google translated -> see imgur link for translation)

To me , those two pics (especially the 2) one) is just a very devious way of showing so called improvement by:
1) taking a before pic where the subject has greasy hair so that the individual hairstrands "glue" together and form an open gap
2) an after pic with freshly washed hair, combed in a way that covers the bald area.
3) the lighting being completely different. how hard is it to take pics in the same lighting conditions ... I'm just at a loss for words here ...

So , yes , again ... this is just three months worth of "progress" , but WHY (oh why) take such awful pics + include them in the document when they clearly don't show anything.
I'd rather had seen no pictures whatsoever.

(again : sorry to sound so negative ... but so far what we've seen is nothing to get happy about)

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes of course companies have failed in the past. Of course this might not turn out legit. But the science looks promising and the Doctor seems reputable, so I'm reserving some hope for this. Also the Doctor himself has said that it's less effective for people over 40, as most treatments are. And who is anyone to say that he must care about his hair? You gotta be pretty arrogant to assume you know what's going on in other people's heads, jesus
And not forget that FIDIA invest in trials. Just like shiseido in replicel.
Mr. Brotzu is 81 years old. Very likely he doesnt give a sh*t about his hair (but he still is nw2-nw3, like me but i am 20...) He cared about diabets patients who suffer from dangerous disease. Suddenly he decided to create snake oil and make some money and increase his pension.

Reactions: tzt

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He has
sure:
and

(taken from https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j1a99vibfyyc6r/Brotzu Il Dermatologo anno XXXVII n.1-2015 marzo.pdf?dl=0)

Pics are absolutely horrible. My cat could take better pictures with her blind eye.
If someone would have showed me these pics and said they were from 1982, I would have believed them.

Other than just the quality being awful , I'm not sure what they are supposed to show. "stoppage of hairloss + early signs of improvement" according to the description below the pictures (I google translated -> see imgur link for translation)

To me , those two pics (especially the 2) one) is just a very devious way of showing so called improvement by:
1) taking a before pic where the subject has greasy hair so that the individual hairstrands "glue" together and form an open gap
2) an after pic with freshly washed hair, combed in a way that covers the bald area.
3) the lighting being completely different. how hard is it to take pics in the same lighting conditions ... I'm just at a loss for words here ...

So , yes , again ... this is just three months worth of "progress" , but WHY (oh why) take such awful pics + include them in the document when they clearly don't show anything.

(again : sorry to sound so negative ... but so far what we've seen is nothing to get happy about)

He has a point.... the pictures bother me . It's hard to take crazy pictures even if you tried . Would rather have no pictures at all.

I too believe and hoping it will replace finasteride. That would be enough for me to be really great full

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
You know results are underwhelming when you can't even figure out which is supposed to be the before and which the after pic.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those photos weren't released to drum up commercial excitement, they're not for us.I'm sure we'll get those soon enough. Also, I don't know why you're ripping on the quality, because those are SCREENSHOTS from the journal article, not the actual photo file themselves. They were just included in there to give some visual aid. If they were posted separately and toted as official result examples of what we can expect, it'd be different.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, I don't know why you're ripping on the quality, because those are SCREENSHOTS from the journal article

I'll explain.
There's nothing wrong with the quality of the screenshots. It's only the pictures that stand out and seem to be coming straight out of 1982. Even the ad (a bit more towards the end of the article) has better quality than the before/after pics.

That + I don't need the pics in better quality to prove my more important point , being: the lighting is totally off and the hair is just pushed around (and washed) for effect.

At least you agree on that?

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll explain.
There's nothing wrong with the quality of the screenshots. It's only the pictures that stand out and seem to be coming straight out of 1982. Even the ad (a bit more towards the end of the article) has better quality than the before/after pics.

That + I don't need the pics in better quality to prove my more important point , being: the lighting is totally off and the hair is just pushed around (and washed) for effect.

At least you agree on that?

Yeah I agree with that, they're bad photos. I'd love to see some good photos which would give us something concrete to chew on, and I believe we'll get them in the coming months. I get your skepticism, it's not unwarranted, I'm just staying hopeful and trying to keep an open mind

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The theory of dgla -> pge1 combined with s-equol is sound enough to keep us believing this may work, even with poor quality photos. It would take some major conflicting studies on pge1 and equol to make us lose hope on this; until then, we should just patiently wait until better photos and data are released to confirm/dismiss this product.

I agree, the only issue that seems to come up is a lack of pics never an issue about the science or active ingredients. I understand why Brotzu has very few pics to show for his Androgenetic Alopecia trials, he never intended on releasing the lotion himself. I don't see it as a huge issue personally, I'm not gonna base my whole opinion of the lotion based on pics or lack of pics. That being said I'm not sold on this lotion until I hear some results from fidia. If they don't share any pictures from their trial that's a major red flag for me but a lack of pics from early trials is not an issue

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sure:
and

Omg are these pictures f*****g serious? This is a joke. My hype is from 100% to 0%. The second picture is a f*****g comb over job and on the first picture is no difference in hair thickness. Is this really all they have to show from there mircale super lotion? This is really really disappointing.

g.i joey

Reaction score
well at least he specifies that this is hair from a 60 year old man! arrested his hairloss, i imagine it would do a little more to a 23 year old man, or a 30 year old.

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not confident we'll be hearing back news from Fidia any time soon, I was never convinced by this after Italian summer break thing. I think for now the next thing that will happen will be the results from the people who have done the first group buy. That it is where I'm looking to hear or see the next bit of news on this. Brotzu has said from beginning that the lotion works very fast, so we shouldn't have to wait too long for results from the group buy members once they have the lotion.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not confident we'll be hearing back news from Fidia any time soon, I was never convinced by this after Italian summer break thing. I think for now the next thing that will happen will be the results from the people who have done the first group buy. That it is where I'm looking to hear the next bit of news on this. Brotzu has said from beginning that the lotion works very fast, so we shouldn't have to wait too long for results from the group buy members once they have the lotion.

I'm skeptical that the group buy people are exactly replicating the right process. I think we'll hear from Fidia before the year's out

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm skeptical that the group buy people are exactly replicating the right process. I think we'll hear from Fidia before the year's out
Agreed. Hopefully they do but if the GB lotion doesn't work I wouldn't completely discount the actual lotion - although some people on here will.

I'm in the GB and hoping to get the lotion soon and try it out. I have longer hair so I'm worried about how I can apply it efficiently.