Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
Brotzu has mentioned a few times that the DGLA lotion turned out to be more effective than the original PGE1 one that he used.
Also the lady currently on the Fidia trial also had used Brotzu's original PGE1 lotion and she claimed the new Fidia lotion is even better.

gagost02

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Link to the "strong if not stronger?" comment?
All I read from him was "We checked if the biochemical precursor of PGE1, the dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid (DGLA) had the same effect. The DGLA transported into the skin by cationic liposomes had the same capacity"

It doesn't make sense to me how a precursor, which can metabolise into several things, could provide the same or more PGE1 than PGE1 itself.

http://bellicapelliforum.com/en/interview/exclusive-interview-with-dr-brotzu-for-bellicapelli/

"Since PGE1 is considered a drug we tried to substitute it with its biochemical precursor, that is dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid (DGLA). The results were the same and even better than the ones obtained with the lotions containing PGE1."

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
:D
Check my join-date (and this is not even the first forum I joined)
In light of that, I'm just really really at the end of my goodwill and excitement.
In fact, I ran out about 5 years ago after product nr x that had everyone hyped, pictures turned out to be taken with a potato and product x went on to under-deliver.

let's just say even Richard Simmons would stop laughing after all this time and after all these disappointments.

I have only been dealing with this for a couple years, but I have the same feelings as you. The simple fact is this - People that estimate the future based on the past are foolish, even with something as complex as Androgenetic Alopecia. We DO have way more advanced biotech tools and software now than we did even a couple years ago. We don't know where the cure / solution will come from or when. Hell, it could be more in engineering than molecular bio. If they designed an actually PERMANENT hair system that looked real and lasted for years, I would do it tomorrow. I don't even care if my hair is real, or fake, grows or doesn't.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shud we start rubbing DGLA on our heads ? how does GLA from borage oil differ ?
As previously mentioned the liposomal delivery system is one of the main reasons why Brotzu's lotion has the potential to be an effective treatment. I don't think rubbing the raw ingredient on your head will have any impact

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone that hasn't read Brotzu's patent really should, there's a ton of great descriptive information in there. It can be found here:

https://www.google.com/patents/WO2015170247A1?cl=en

It clearly states that this is for ALL types of alopecia for those of you that were worried it was for AA only.

Furthermore for the people worried about PGE1 being replaced by DGLA the patent goes on to explain that they had problems with keeping PGE1 stable at room temperature which they tried solving by adding more to the formula but that could be dangerous to the human body. DGLA is stable at room temperature.

The patent also goes on to state there are no side effects.

From the patent:

The present invention overcomes the limits of the state of the art through liposome formulations containing PGE1 precursors stable at room temperature, storable in a liquid, semi-solid or solid form, directly applicable without preventive preparation and absolutely free of any kind of side effect related to the use of an actual drug. Clinical trials that were carried out further demonstrated a surprisingly higher efficacy of the products described herein in comparison with what is known, so as to make their use possible at concentrations markedly lower than those of already known products.

While I'd love to see amazing pictures and hope to see them at some point the science behind this seems valid. All the people who have discredited this potential treatment and say it won't work have not offered any of their own hypothesis to discredit the science behind why Brotzu says this works.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As previously mentioned the liposomal delivery system is one of the main reasons why Brotzu's lotion has the potential to be an effective treatment. I don't think rubbing the raw ingredient on your head will have any impact

We don't actually know if the liposomal delivery system matters at all.

Wave

Established Member
Reaction score

While I'd love to see amazing pictures and hope to see them at some point the science behind this seems valid. All the people who have discredited this potential treatment and say it won't work have not offered any of their own hypothesis to discredit the science behind why Brotzu says this works.

We of course don't have hypothesis to discredit Brotzu. Nor are we out to just get him. We are, however, skeptical of anything, not just Brotzu. We've been scammed in the past. We've been hopeful for miracle cures, miracle treatments only to be disappointed. You can't knock anyone for questioning this. Science can sound great (and probably is great), but until we see pictures (and eventually try it ourselves), we aren't going to celebrate.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We don't actually know if the liposomal delivery system matters at all.

Liposomes are mentioned heavily throughout the entire patent. The patent also goes on to mention that they are able to use lower doses of active ingredients because the liposomes are very effective at delivering them to the target location.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
The patent was issued in 2014, and Fidia was present in this moment. The suposse serendipity new aplication of this compound in alopecia was released in 2015.....

There is some strange things ......

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
The patent was issued in 2014, and Fidia was present in this moment. The suposse serendipity new aplication of this compound in alopecia was released in 2015.....

There is some strange things ......
You mean research and bureaucracy by strange things.

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way did anyone actually read the study on s-equol, where its action described as "binding only dht"? Maybe I don't understand something but look it says equol on its own does nothing:
"
In Vivo Experiment 2: Can Equol Affect DHT Action?
The studies described above indicate that equol could compete with DHT in vitro and could potentially sequester DHT from the AR. Consequently, we examined the effects of equol on DHT-treated males. GDX males treated with DHTP for 4 days showed a significant increase in ventral prostate weight compared with GDX controls. Concomitant treatment with equol (DHTP + equol) blocked the effects of DHTP, whereas equol alone had no effect on prostate size (F3,16 = 7.84, P < 0.05). These results are presented in Figure 5A. Equol also blocked DHT's negative feedback effects on LH. In GDX males, LH was significantly decreased by DHTP treatment compared with males treated with vehicle. Treatment with equol in combination with DHTP blocked the negative feedback effects of DHTP on LH secretion. Equol alone had no effect on LH levels (F3,16 = 11.67, P < 0.05)."

Willy31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It clearly states that this is for ALL types of alopecia for those of you that were worried it was for AA only.

All types of alopecia... ok ... but for all types of severity also? Same egghead who lost all that hair for extreme miniaturization?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All types of alopecia... ok ... but for all types of severity also? Same egghead who lost all that hair for extreme miniaturization?
I feel bad for anyone with hair loss but you keep posting asking the same question over and over.

No one is going to guarantee that any of these treatments will be able to help you. Hopefully they become available and you're going to have to take a leap of faith and try them out. There's a possibility they help and there's a possibility you waste some money. Time will tell.