Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 year reversal would mean the cure for many of us.

Getting back the hair you had in 2013.... Too good to be true?

For some of us, that sont the case . You must be in your 20's, damn you and your all the opportunities that youth has in store for you! :(

That said, I'll happily take 5 years of regrowth, which is more than 2 years most are saying the max yoir hair can regrow .

Reactions: br1

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For some of us, that sont the case . You must be in your 20's, damn you and your all the opportunities that youth has in store for you! :(

That said, I'll happily take 5 years of regrowth, which is more than 2 years most are saying the max yoir hair can regrow .

I am 27 (turning 28 on April 16th, maybe a brithday present with impressive before and after pics?)

I am a diffuse thinner. My scalp is visible because of my thinning hair but the hair is still there and my hairline just receded 1 cm. According to Brotzu Senior this lotion SHOULD definetely be able to turn thin hair back to THICK hair. I mean they even talked about reversal of vellus hair into terminal hair. I dont even need that. I need turning thinning terminal hair into terminal THICK hair. For me this would the cure.

If almighty brotzu told the truth and also our @beps63 then this lotion is even able to turn VELLUS hair into terminal hair. If they are able to do that, then we are talking about a miracle lotion.

Alternative

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope someone records Brotzu's conference on video like they did with his first one.
I hope Brotzu does not avoid 5 year question, but last time he was asked on cameras he just answered: we had cases of 20 year old AGAs where "some" hair were reborn (I guess at this point all it could be is peach fuzz).

Remember Totalis woman with 40 year old Alopecia Totalis? She regrew some peach fuzz.

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe the doctor had the fact that 10-12 years after the appearance of alopecia, the follicle mouths are overgrown with a connective tissue, and can not even produce canine hair. 5 years is not too small, follicles become less alive. An example can be taken minoxidil. The sooner you start, the better the result. But if you have been bald for 5 years, and then decided to return the hair minoxidil, the result will not be very good.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

the age does not matter. It depends on how agressive is the hairloss pattern, and more importantly what type of pattern(diffuse/receiding) and since how long you are thinning...
that said, agressive regimen have already shown you can reverse quitee any kind of hairloss...

Notorious90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is not well understood.

But DGLA is in there to boost PGE1, which is a vasolidator. It's also something that doctors use to strengthen erections. The original formulation of the brotion contained PGE1, but DGLA was substituted for regulatory reasons.

Still don't see where the regrowth comes from. I guess maybe we all have invisible/vellus hairs that this may be able to revive..

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
the age does not matter. It depends on how agressive is the hairloss pattern, and more importantly what type of pattern(diffuse/receiding) and since how long you are thinning...
that said, agressive regimen have already shown you can reverse quitee any kind of hairloss...

And if there are still velus hairs there they should regrow according to brotzu. In that case Androgenetic Alopecia should ideally be ahead of an AA case where there may have been no hair to begin with. Crossing fingers - 5 years would be nice. Again, I'll believe it when i see it though (we can only daydream in the meantime).

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

But DGLA is in there to boost PGE1, which is a vasolidator. It's also something that doctors use to strengthen erections. The original formulation of the brotion contained PGE1, but DGLA was substituted for regulatory reasons.
I previously laid out a new study on the work of minoxidil. In short, minoxidil causes growth factors from adipose tissue. all converges.

http://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/19/3/691/pdf

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...or-enhancement-of-human-hair-regrowth.112436/

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score

Little offtopic,

While I agree that the mechanism for minoxidil is not understood completely, here is another piece of puzzle.

HaCaT cells were treated with minoxidil.Ribonucleic acid (RNA) isolations were carried out from both non-treated and treated cell groups using a TRI reagent (an RNA, DNA, and protein isolation reagent). Gene expressions of 5α-R2 as study material and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) as the control were determined by realtime-quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR) analysis. Results were represented as 5α-R2 / GAPDH fold change. Minoxidil treatment resulted in a0.22 fold change for 5α-R2 (p < 0.0001). This antiandrogenic effect of minoxidil,shown by significant downregulation of 5α-R2 gene expression in HaCaT cells,may be one of its mechanisms of action in alopecia.

So it seems like minoxidil has couple of synergetic mechanisms combating AA.

1) Downregulation of 5α-reductase
2) Increase Ca2+ influx for stem cell differentiation
3) Increased Microcirculation via vasodilation and collateral capillaries?
4) Downregulation of ILK, Akt, and MAPK signaling pathways

Anyways..

Edit:

Thanks Rolandconil, I haven't seen that study.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still don't see where the regrowth comes from. I guess maybe we all have invisible/vellus hairs that this may be able to revive..

I previously laid out a new study on the work of minoxidil. In short, minoxidil causes growth factors from adipose tissue. all converges.

http://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/19/3/691/pdf

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...or-enhancement-of-human-hair-regrowth.112436/

Little offtopic,

While I agree that the mechanism for minoxidil is not understood completely, here is another piece of puzzle.

HaCaT cells were treated with minoxidil.Ribonucleic acid (RNA) isolations were carried out from both non-treated and treated cell groups using a TRI reagent (an RNA, DNA, and protein isolation reagent). Gene expressions of 5α-R2 as study material and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) as the control were determined by realtime-quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR) analysis. Results were represented as 5α-R2 / GAPDH fold change. Minoxidil treatment resulted in a0.22 fold change for 5α-R2 (p < 0.0001). This antiandrogenic effect of minoxidil,shown by significant downregulation of 5α-R2 gene expression in HaCaT cells,may be one of its mechanisms of action in alopecia.

So it seems like minoxidil has couple of synergetic mechanisms combating AA.

1) Downregulation of 5α-reductase
2) Increase Ca2+ influx for stem cell differentiation
3) Increased Microcirculation via vasodilation and collateral capillaries?
4) Downregulation of ILK, Akt, and MAPK signaling pathways

Anyways..

Edit:

Thanks Rolandconil, I haven't seen that study.

If minoxidil was an anti-androgen, it would probably yield results that maintain when you stop taking minoxidil. However, when people quit minoxidil they don't end up where they started as they do when they quit finasteride, rather, they end up where they would have been had they not taken minoxidil in the first place.

It's a growth stimulant, so it effectively yields regrowth (0.50-1.00 Norwood's re-gained typically, plus some density). Similarly, the Brotion will yield comparable regrowth if it comes as advertised. My best-case scenario is that I can quit minoxidil+RU when the brotion comes out and get comparable results.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since this is being released only in Italy (at first) how hard do you think it will be to get your hands on this if you live in the U.S?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If minoxidil was an anti-androgen, it would probably yield results that maintain when you stop taking minoxidil. However, when people quit minoxidil they don't end up where they started as they do when they quit finasteride, rather, they end up where they would have been had they not taken minoxidil in the first place.

It's a growth stimulant, so it effectively yields regrowth (0.50-1.00 Norwood's re-gained typically, plus some density). Similarly, the Brotion will yield comparable regrowth if it comes as advertised. My best-case scenario is that I can quit minoxidil+RU when the brotion comes out and get comparable results.
Why do you think the results will be comparable to minoxidil? I doubt Fidia would purchase the patent for millions only to "compete" with minoxidil. The science behind this lotion blows minoxidil out of the water. Minoxidil doesn't really work for people with AA either. If this lotions comes "as advertised" it will be able to grow back 2 or more norwoods (probably more effective to fill in crown density like most treatments).

Notorious90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you think this

Why do you think the results will be comparable to minoxidil? I doubt Fidia would purchase the patent for millions only to "compete" with minoxidil. The science behind this lotion blows minoxidil out of the water. Minoxidil doesn't really work for people with AA either. If this lotions comes "as advertised" it will be able to grow back 2 or more norwoods (probably more effective to fill in crown density like most treatments).

Surely there are more potent vasodilators than DGLA and are we saying that lack of circulation causes hair loss? I don't see any other ingredient that can cause regrowth in the lotion.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Surely there are more potent vasodilators than DGLA and are we saying that lack of circulation causes hair loss? I don't see any other ingredient that can cause regrowth in the lotion.
Lack of circulation certainly is a cause of male pattern baldness. And this lotion doesn't just use PGE1 to regrow hair, it also uses equol and a liposomal delivery system. This is very complex. Please see my post 2 or so pages ago where I explain the mechanisms of action

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you think this

I understand that reading comprehension can be undermined in a 700-page thread with a lot of shitposts that add noise. It is however frustrating that everything needs to be restated.

What I have said is that best-case scenario, the Brotion is comparable to finasteride+minoxidil+nizoral without the side effects. That's the total package. In the previous page, we veered to just discussing the minoxidil component, which is likely due to DGLA based on what they've written, but may also be due to L-carnitine.

You don't know which science blows which other science out of the water as the science is not very well understood. It's not just that you don't understand the science, or that I don't understand it, but rather it's simply that Androgenetic Alopecia is not that well understood. You know, right now I'm speculating that DGLA might replace min, but it may be that once the lotion is released, people get better results by applying both the lotion and minoxidil.

Finally, with respect to what Fidia might buy, corporations make investments on speculative products all the time. If this lotion comes as advertised, which is approximately a combined finasteride+min, than it's vastly superior to either finasteride or min. Doctors will be suggesting it on a regular basis and that's great. In contrast, in my experience, doctors never suggest "finasteride+min", they suggest either finasteride or min. On this forum, many people view finasteride+min as a synergistic "1+1=3" combination, but for doctors it seems to be all about prescribing a medication to treat a problem, and giving the minimum possible dose.

Getting a single lotion that is comparable to finasteride+minoxidil+nizoral without the side effects at an affordable price would be a spectacular and wonderful thing.

PGE1 is actually an excellent vasodilator.

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi @beps63! Thank you for everything you´ve told us, I think you are someone inside Fidia but I don´t know... Well, I have two more questions for you, hope you can answer them if you don´t mind.

Will the lotion help us with the DS?

What about the price? Do you know that already? I bet it would cost 35-45 euros, what you think?

Thanks again and please, hurry whoever is sharing that information with you/whoever is above you to release new official information about the lotion.

;)

Notorious90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lack of circulation certainly is a cause of male pattern baldness. And this lotion doesn't just use PGE1 to regrow hair, it also uses equol and a liposomal delivery system. This is very complex. Please see my post 2 or so pages ago where I explain the mechanisms of action

Hasson and wongs topical finasteride also uses liposomal delivery and I ended up with sides within a week or so lol.

I really hope this lotion works man, long term maintenance is enough for me until follica comes out or possibly fue alongside follica for great density!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hasson and wongs topical finasteride also uses liposomal delivery and I ended up with sides within a week or so lol.

I really hope this lotion works man, long term maintenance is enough for me until follica comes out or possibly fue alongside follica for great density!

H&W is a different case.

First of all, the Brotion uses liposomal to increase absorption, which is good. In the case of finasteride, there is no need to increase absorption as that chemical goes everywhere: the skin, the blood, the brain, etc. What they wanted to do was actually decrease absorption, and lock it into the scalp.

The presence of sides means that this didn't work. Part of that may be due to their idiotic dosage. When I checked, H&W's dosage of finasteride was a colossal 2.5 mg/day. There is ... absolutely no need for such a large dosage. If anything, all signs point to the standard dose of 1.0 mg/day already being too high. Further, if one only wants finasteride in the scalp and not in the blood and brain, then dosage should be reduced even further as the skin requires a smaller dose.

TDLR - H&W may have had no clue.