Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

el_rizos

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to talk to the doctor Brotzu about your lotion ? I tried to find your mail but I could not. Can we contact Dr. Brotzu and ask for more information about your lotion ?
You do not ask me why but I trust this doctor and his lotion.
I read the results of their study are impressive. Is there any possibility that they are false ?

keep

Reaction score
I've read this forum maybe for 8-10 years now and then... decided to register just to tell that I'm excited too with this news. I'm a NW3 right now (28 years) so if this news is legit... than I'm "saved". 5 years back in time would make me a Norwood 2... which is indeed awesome. So... I hope Brotzu is right. :)

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
Not good for me.5 years ago I was Balder than I am now.. Maybe I can squeeze 15 years out of it.

Conpecia

Reaction score
I just don't get how people can get excited about any treatment without legitimate photos. It's the same song and dance every year, over and over. Why on earth would they go through such great lengths to trial this product only to not back it up with any evidence? It's insane. It should be a hard and fast rule that we do not get hyped for any treatment without professional photos showing cosmetic results. It's the very least they could do. Follicept had guys with legit academic reputations on the line too and it went absolutely nowhere. Pics or gtfo, every time.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Until this supposed study comes back with results proving all this random speculation why would anyone give it another thought? I mean right now its one of 50 things in the pipeline that might or might not work. Nothing else to really even say because its not out yet, and there is zero proof it does anything at all. Given the history of male pattern baldness why would anyone assume it works when most things fail?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Until this supposed study comes back with results proving all this random speculation why would anyone give it another thought? I mean right now its one of 50 things in the pipeline that might or might not work. Nothing else to really even say because its not out yet, and there is zero proof it does anything at all. Given the history of male pattern baldness why would anyone assume it works when most things fail?

we're all just speculating here.
i'm in wait mode, with mild hopes. fidia is doing their tests, it's a solid pharma afaik.
there's little more to say until they will speak out.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brotzu's previous trial is what grabbed my attention. He flat out says he's cured male pattern baldness. This is the kind of bold claim that can absolutely soil your reputation. Why would he decide to do that at the very end of his life? Take the time to read his trial write up and see for yourself. His work seems very promising. He may have solved the issue of drugs not penetrating and losing effectiveness. I have my reservations but I think this is definitely something to keep an eye out for.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Brotzu's previous trial is what grabbed my attention. He flat out says he's cured male pattern baldness. This is the kind of bold claim that can absolutely soil your reputation. Why would he decide to do that at the very end of his life? Take the time to read his trial write up and see for yourself. His work seems very promising. He may have solved the issue of drugs not penetrating and losing effectiveness. I have my reservations but I think this is definitely something to keep an eye out for.

And a real pharmaceutical company paid money to both own the rights and start a trial and wants to release the product next year.

Possibly the most important principle in human sociology is "follow the money".

deniak

Reaction score
We don't.

Anyway, there are several things that sound good about this, to review:

1) Italian doctor respected in his community;
2) Been working at this slowly for years, quietly;
3) Originally developed to help diabetes and cures hair loss as a surprising side effect, like every other hair loss drug.
4) Takes a few months to take effect, and then hair stabilizes at a level where it was a few years ago;
5) Not from an ancient family tradition involving obscure herbal extracts from all four corners of the Earth in tiny concentrations.

Yeah, sounds like Follicept 2.0

[video=youtube;z_KmNZNT5xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KmNZNT5xw[/video]

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol - I cured baldness but happened to forget to take any photos or keep track of any observable evidence! But give me your money!

does that make much sense to you?
There are contractual obligations when it comes to business partnerships. I guarentee you Fidia has seen pictures; they must have been impressed. Most of the failed treatments are from companies who tried to come up with a product out of thin air. This is a completely different situation. I swear some of you are the most pessimistic people I have ever had the displeasure of talking to in my entire life.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol - I cured baldness but happened to forget to take any photos or keep track of any observable evidence! But give me your money!

does that make much sense to you?

Honestly, don't know which side you're arguing for. But you're right - that doesn't make sense. Which is why we suspect that Fidia was given information that wasn't publicly announced. Fidia is the one that spent money on this, not us. We are just spectators.

^Me & Pray were typing that at the same time

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, don't know which side you're arguing for. But you're right - that doesn't make sense. Which is why we suspect that Fidia was given information that wasn't publicly announced. Fidia is the one that spent money on this, not us. We are just spectators.

^Me & Pray were typing that at the same time
Distracted, you're too level-headed for this forum.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pessimism is a self defense mechanism from people who have been burned too many times. There is a massive industry in which big pharmaceutical and cosmetics companies spend enormous amounts of money developing, producing and marketing hair loss treatments that just don't work. I'm sure we've all seen expensive shampoos from the likes of L'oreal claiming to stop hair loss and they never work.
We'd all love to be proven wrong, but there's only so many times you can get your hopes up and have them dashed before you become a pessimistic cynic, and with good reason.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
but there's only so many times you can get your hopes up and have them dashed before you become a pessimistic cynic, and with good reason.

Truth: Hell of a painful pill to swallow.
It can be done, the bigger problem is keeping it down. -(

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pessimism is a self defense mechanism from people who have been burned too many times. There is a massive industry in which big pharmaceutical and cosmetics companies spend enormous amounts of money developing, producing and marketing hair loss treatments that just don't work. I'm sure we've all seen expensive shampoos from the likes of L'oreal claiming to stop hair loss and they never work.
We'd all love to be proven wrong, but there's only so many times you can get your hopes up and have them dashed before you become a pessimistic cynic, and with good reason.
I completely understand. It's just that I prefer productive discussion rather than petty condescension. Kind of like the "5 more years" crap that people keep regurgitating all over this forum. It's not funny, it's not clever, and it sure as hell isn't original. I do like the way you put it though. A defense mechanism is exactly what it is. People go ahead and dash their hopes so they won't be dissapointed if the treatment fails.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL, okay. Lets see what your tone is like in a year (because you'll still be here). Take a look at the forum's old threads man - there's been product after product like this over the years (and others that were affiliated w/ universities and legitimate folks).
Of course I'll still be here in a year. No treatments are expected to hit the market before then. And I guess this means we'll never cure other issues like cancer, alzheimers' or MS. With this line of thinking why should we even work towards a cure? This is a useless mindset.

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Pretty definite statement in the patent:
The liposome solution thus obtained is poured into an aqueous solution of polylysine 40 - 100 MW (0.01 mg/10 ml) and constantly stirred for 30 minutes. The solution thus obtained can be used directly on the scalp at least once daily The results of the hair loss cessation can already be observed after just 7 days and the first new hair regrowth results between 45 and 90 days.

BTW Brotzu has a patent back in 2011 regarding regarding the liposomal encapsulation of PGE-1.

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
From Fidia's Patent

Treatments :

Lotion A, prepared according to the present example 4 ;
preparation of a liposome mixture in the form of a lotion comprising 3% stearylamine (method A)

Phosphatidylcholine (Lipid S75 Humangrade) 1 g
DGLA 1.25 mg
S-Equol 7 mg
Ethanol 1 ml
L-propionylcarnitine 7 mg

Stearylamine 10 mg
Sterile water 5 ml

Lotion B, comparison, prepared as described in WO 2011/095938 (example 1) and then containing PGE1 and S-equol in 1:1 ratio
Lotion C, containing 7 mg of PGE1 enclosed in liposomes as the only active substance, prepared according to method A;
Lotion D, containing 1,25 mg of DGLA enclosed in liposomes as the only active substance, prepared according to method A.
Groups of patients:
• Group 1: 10 (6 male, 4 female) patients treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion A to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp;
• Group 2: 10 (5 male, 5 female) patients treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion B to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp;
• Group 3: 6 female menopausal patients for about 3 years, without specific diseases related to hair reduction, treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion A to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp.

• Group 4: 4 (2 male, 2 female) patients treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion C to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp;
• Group 5: 4 (2 male, 2 female) patients treated for 120 days with 1 ml/day of Lotion D to be applied on a well defined area of the scalp;
Evaluation was carried out at pre-determined time points by dermoscopy and direct observation with photographic detections.
Results
On day 7 : both group 1 and group 2 experience a reduction of hair loss, defined "substantial" by patients of group 1 and "modest" by those of group 2. Group 3 feels hair as more robust. Groups 4 and 5 do not report any variation;
On day 20: in group 1 all the patients have stopped losing hair and report the presence of a substantial fuzz. In group 2 hair loss has stopped in 6 patients and fuzz, where present, is more modest (in terms of number/cm[SUP]2[/SUP]) . Group 3 reports an aesthetic improvement related to hair brightness. Group 4 reports a minimal reduction in hair loss. Group 5 does not report any variation;
On day 45: in group 1, fuzz has grown markedly stronger and takes the colour and consistency of natural hair. In group 2, as expected, all the patients have stopped losing hair, but only some of them report a certain degree of regrowth, fuzz is very weak and not completely coloured yet. Group 3 reports disappearance of split ends. Group 4 reports arrested hair loss in all the subjects and, in some of them, presence of weak fuzz. Group 5 does not report any variation;
On day 90: in group 1 all the patients report total disappearance of hair reduction areas that have been replaced by robust and shiny hair. In group 2 hair reduction is still visible, even if areas are all covered with thick fuzz. Group 3 confirms a general hair improvement. Groups 4 and 5 do not record variations from the previous evaluation;
On day 120: group 1 confirms results already seen at day 90. Group 2 continues improvement, even if in some patients of male gender the fuzz has not got the characteristics of strength and colour typical of hair yet. Group 3 confirms results previously obtained. Groups 4 and 5 do not record variations from the previous evaluation .
During the whole phase of the study the patients' skin was regularly assayed by dermoscopy, highlighting an improvement of circulation. Additionally, treated skin did not display allergic or inflammatory reactions.
From the observations reported here, first of all, it can be inferred that the formulations object of the present invention are clinically efficient in:
· stopping hair loss;
• promoting hair regrowth in areas with alopecia;
• strengthening and fortifying hair, bringing it back to its original state
both in male and female subjects with forms of hair reduction or actual alopecia due to different causes, and in menopausal women.
Formulations set up here additionally:
• do not contain potentially toxic substances or that may interfere with other active ingredients;
· are not irritating for the skin: even after long term application no evidence of irritation or inflammation was reported;
• are stable in time: analysis carried out on the content of the vials 30 days after preparation detects
· significant Ρζ values in terms of stability, particularly for formulations containing 2% or, better, 3% stearylamine
• an unchanged content of active substances enclosed in liposomes;
· can be stored at room temperature and in a ready-to-use form;
and, surprisingly
• act more quickly and more effectively: comparison tests clearly demonstrate that group 1 has a more rapid, more substantial improvement and, mainly, it involves all the patients as compared with group 2, treated with Lotion B.
Again, it should be recalled that Lotion B contains PGE1 and equol in 1:1 ratio, while Lotion A contains 30% less of active substance (DGLA) . This means that the findings of the present invention exert an unexpectedly superior effect than what known, at markedly lower concentrations of active substances.
These results should be attributed only to the formulation set up herein. In fact, it is clear from data analysis that patients treated with PGE1 alone, even at the concentrations described in WO2011/095938, experience a very modest variation of the situation. Still different and most important is the observation of group 5, treated with DGLA alone at the same concentration employed in Lotion A: there is no reduction in hair loss and even less any regrowth, not even of fuzz.
The extraordinary effects that are displayed by the compositions of the present invention are then due to synergies between single components, promoted by the characteristics of the liposome suspensions used.

Interesting that the DGLA alone formulation had no effect. The synergy of the other components (equol and carnitine) with the DGLA seems to be key.
detail.jsf;jsessionid=00A418DD70D4F80BDB97E8F47AD2879A.wapp2nA

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting that the DGLA alone formulation had no effect. The synergy of the other components (equol and carnitine) with the DGLA seems to be key.
detail.jsf;jsessionid=00A418DD70D4F80BDB97E8F47AD2879A.wapp2nA

All that information is from Fidia? I thought I read that stuff before Fidia purchased the intellectual property...