It looks better short...surprise!

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
I swear, every few months I go through the same thing. My hair is curly and unruly and when it gets long it looks terrible. But because of my thinning I always have this wave of anxiety about cutting it, thinking that when its short, my scalp will be much more noticeable.

So last night i was out drinking with my s.o. and had to look at myself in the mirror all night (he was sitting by a wall covered by them so I had to look at myself if i wanted to talk to him) and i realized that i looked awful and had to cut my hair, even if it meant showing my baldness. So this morning I had it cut short and, if anything, it makes my hair look thicker! Not to mention the fact that I don't look like a homeless schlub anymore.

This happens every time I have to cut my hair. I can't imagine why I still stress about it so much. It should be something I aim for, to keep it short. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Keeping it short is good psychologically. You don't have to worry about hiding it and it looks better (in my opinion) than long thinning/receding hair.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I read when you hair is thinning it's best to wear it short because the hair is always thicker close to the roots of the hair.