It Begins. I purchased all the items for the SwissTemple Prostaglandin Protocol. Wish

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@icecold7 I was completely stable with my Hairloss. But since I am on seti (first oral 2g for a month and now since a month topical 5%) I have a lot of shedding... The strange thing is that the moment I got on seti I feel this itch on my scalp which I haven't had for years. I can definitely say my hair is way worse than before.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@icecold7 I was completely stable with my Hairloss. But since I am on seti (first oral 2g for a month and now since a month topical 5%) I have a lot of shedding... The strange thing is that the moment I got on seti I feel this itch on my scalp which I haven't had for years. I can definitely say my hair is way worse than before.
Mine is definitely the same, hopefully it's just a shed, which may be a good sign except I'm only on 1.2g a day.

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone, I've been off this forum for a couple weeks, but I want to give an update: Unfortunately, I've given up hope on seti.

To recount my experience:
I started taking Kane's seti on Nov 10th at 1g/day. I switched to Lyphar's seti at 2g/day starting December 28th or so. So I'm ~10 weeks in on Lyphar and almost 4 months in from when I started Kane's seti.

In addition to this, I started minoxidil in early December, applying only to the crown and top of my head (on my spot that was thinnest ie a traditional bald spot). I've reported increased shedding but no additional sides in previous posts on this thread. Others attributed that to the minoxidil, which makes sense. This shedding has continued to this day.

Here's my problem:
At this point, the crown of my head has thicker hair (in fact, what was a small bald spot is now gone), but the front, sides, and nape of my head are all substantially thinner.

In other words, it's apparent to me at this point that the minoxidil is working, at least to some extent, but the seti is not.

I fear that the shedding I've experienced is not from the drugs at all but simply an increased rate of natural hair loss, which is offset on my crown by the minoxidil. And I fear that the seti is simply not effective, causing thinning everywhere else. I fear that the positive results that wes got stem from the PGE2 treatment that he underwent, rather than from the seti. This lines up neatly with his most recent posts on this thread. It's also something I was asking back on Jan 2nd on this thread:

So I "threw in the towel" on trying to do this without an anti-androgen, and I started fina this past weekend. I was on it just fine for years w/o sides, stopped for a bit, and then started it again. I got sides when I started it again, but there was also a lot going on in my life then and so I'm not positive it was the drug. I'm going to give it another shot because I have to act quick to save my hair.

For those out there who don't want to do fina (which I presume is almost everyone on this forum), it sounds like adding PDE2 to your routine could be the way to go. If I get bad sides on fina, I may stop and try that.

***Note that despite my findings, I'm going to continue the 2g/day seti routine until Allergan announces results of the clinical trials this summer. That will be a 6-8 month trial, and I feel like testing any hair loss drug does take time. If their tests show super positive results, but also indicate strong shedding in the first 3 months, then well, that could mean seti is effective after all, and I'll stay on it. But if their test results are lackluster, I'll quit.

As an aside, Pigeon reported something similar about thinning on the front and sides in post #298 in this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...really-high-doses.105459/page-15#post-1583139
I think it's a weird coincidence.

Although I hate to be a bummer, I think too often people don't post lackluster or negative results. I think its important we all share results, whatever they are, so we can triangulate to the most effective treatment. Regardless of your regimen, good luck everyone!

Did you take any castor oil or do any dermarolling at all?

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys the results im getting since microneedling lightly before applying pge2 is f*****g insane (keep in mind you need to be on 2g seti for this too work)

I really really dont want to hype this sh*t up, but I cant contain my excitement. I can see my 17 year old hairline again.

Ive only been doing this for about a month now, cant wait to see what it will look like in 3 months.

https://i.imgur.com/Ae5Ozwb.jpg

Ae5Ozwb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G8QTWFN.jpg

G8QTWFN.jpg

Last edited:

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys the results im getting since microneedling lightly before applying pge2 is f*****g insane (keep in mind you need to be on 2g seti for this too work)

I really really dont want to hype this sh*t up, but I cant contain my excitement. I can see my 17 year old hairline again.

https://i.imgur.com/G8QTWFN.jpg

G8QTWFN.jpg
Looks great men! Hope it will all grow terminal.

How much mm are you using for lightly? And you're still on 1.5mm wounding with Lici?

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why are you sure, that seti is important in order this to work? I know the whole theory of lowering pgd and raising pge. But it could possibly just work if you only do the neddling and pge. The thing is, I read a lot of people using just seti alone, but I never read that people are using pge2 as a standalone. Pretty strange actually if you think that pge2 is much cheaper as seti. Maybe the holy grail is just applying pge2 after needling?

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why are you sure, that seti is important in order this to work? I know the whole theory of lowering pgd and raising pge. But it could possibly just work if you only do the neddling and pge. The thing is, I read a lot of people using just seti alone, but I never read that people are using pge2 as a standalone. Pretty strange actually if you think that pge2 is much cheaper as seti. Maybe the holy grail is just applying pge2 after needling?

Absolutely not. PGD2 is constantly attacking your hair. You need to block it first before pge2 can be of any help.

On the other hand, Im finding that seti alone will only stop further loss.

For solid maintenance and regrowth you need both. Almost like yin and yang

Last edited:

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
fingers crossed

the smoking baby

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not. PGD2 is constantly attacking your hair. You need to block it first before pge2 can be of any help.

On the other hand, Im finding that seti alone will only stop further loss and strengthen very recently thinned hairs.

For solid regrowth you need both. Almost like yin and yang
It looks good but if you go back to the pictures you posted on July 11, 2016, the growth from then and now looks pretty much the same. Can you give us a wider shot of the scalp from above so we can compare to earlier posts?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1mg in 3ml of water applied all over scalp.

I stopped LiCl and i wound lightly with a 1.5mm dermastamp.
Would you mind sharing where you get your pge2? I want to order some from Alibaba but I'm not sure which supplier to choose. I suppose I could go with Lyphar but ideally I would choose the same as you since it is working so well.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1mg in 3ml of water applied all over scalp.

I stopped LiCl and i wound lightly with a 1.5mm dermastamp.

Better stop quitting things. You still can do LiCl lol.

Remember when you quit pge2 and ended up stagnating.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta say, in regards to the set, i have absolutely noticed a decrease in hair fall. When I used to apply my RU and minoxidil, i would rub quite vigorously. I would have four or five strands of hair on my fingers. That almost never happens anymore. Far from scientific, I know, but i definitely see a difference. Maybe adding the PGE2 would be smart to try and kickstart my temples to fill in?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Better stop quitting things. You still can do LiCl lol.

Remember when you quit pge2 and ended up stagnating.
My question is this, if he's just dissolving pge2 in water and then applying, how is it carrying into the scalp? I didn't think water alone had enough power to carry a treatment transdermally?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My question is this, if he's just dissolving pge2 in water and then applying, how is it carrying into the scalp? I didn't think water alone had enough power to carry a treatment transdermally?

Yes, just water. You could also just do alc or some other vehicle and get the better penetration from that instead of using the dermapen. But westonci always does whatever ppl tell him lol

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing where you get your pge2? I want to order some from Alibaba but I'm not sure which supplier to choose. I suppose I could go with Lyphar but ideally I would choose the same as you since it is working so well.

I get mine from the private forum.

Last edited:

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
Be careful! Prostaglandin E2 (CAS: 363-24-6) is not the same as 16,16-dimethyl Prostaglandin E2 (CAS: 39746-25-3)

Prostaglandin E2 is very unstable and has to be in the 16,16-dimethyl Prostaglandin E2 form to be stable

kane sells Prostaglandin E2 (CAS: 363-24-6) so dont buy from him

16,16-dimethyl Prostaglandin E2 (CAS: 39746-25-3), this form is hard to get, from what my friend told me. I dont think any private forum are even able to get this form. The cost would be too much.