It Begins. I purchased all the items for the SwissTemple Prostaglandin Protocol. Wish

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a good hairline still (probably still NW1 or NW2), but I'm getting thinning all over my head. So I potentially fit the bill here. I used to have super think hair, but now it's very thin and my scalp is visible in many places. I've probably lost twice the hair that most people have to begin with.

You asked about positive results, and that's why I'm posting about the shedding. The point is that even though I'm almost 3 months into this regimen, my hair is substantially thinner now than it was before. So no, I'm not seeing any positive results. If anything, the shedding from the regimen has made my hair substantially worse. I understand that after the shedding period, the hair is supposed to stabilize (and even regrow with the minoxidil) but I have yet to get to this point, which is disconcerting.

(FYI for anyone who didn't read my earlier posts, I'm combining the seti with minoxidil to hopefully get a similar result of combining fina with minoxidil. The combo is causing significant shedding and I'm waiting for that to subside. I DID get shedding on just the Seti alone, but its unclear how bad it would have gotten or how long it would have lasted because I started the minoxidil 3 weeks later which made the shedding meaningfully worse)
Damn, man. Sorry to hear that :(

Did you consider to drop Min and see how the things go without it? I saw couple times on this forum that Minoxidil just destroyed people's hair.
Everyone reacts differently, and that's sad because we have to take risks.

f***, it's very concerning, my situation is pretty much similar to your (NW1, with diffuse thinning), except that I'm much younger.
I was so close to buying my first batch, but your post made me stop and think about everything one more time.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@westonci I decided to try Lyphar's first to see if my body can handle Seti as pretty much everything (apart from Finasteride) gives me sides (even f*****g Zix). If Seti works for me and Zhe Chem's is significantly cheaper, I'm willing to contribute to future testing...

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of you taking seti, I have a question: Did you notice more shedding in the beginning?
this is my 3rd week, and I think I might be shedding more than usual - but the hairs that shed are mostly weaker ones. Also, Ive had some really weak fuzz around my hairline for a while, and it seems to be getting longer than usual. So one good sign, and one bad sign.
We all know that finasteride is notorious for causing a shed in the beginning. I'm starting to think that there could be a correlation between these two meds in the sense that finasteride is doing the same thing as seti - reducing the effects of PGD2 on the DP2 receptor. finasteride does this by reducing DHT, therefore reducing PGD2 and DP2 receptor activation. Seti takes a "shortcut" and just reduces DP2 receptor activation. So in theory, could this "seti" shed by the exact same thing as a "finastride" shed? (Please excuse my sloppy hypothesis)

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For those of you taking seti, I have a question: Did you notice more shedding in the beginning?
this is my 3rd week, and I think I might be shedding more than usual - but the hairs that shed are mostly weaker ones. Also, Ive had some really weak fuzz around my hairline for a while, and it seems to be getting longer than usual. So one good sign, and one bad sign.
We all know that finasteride is notorious for causing a shed in the beginning. I'm starting to think that there could be a correlation between these two meds in the sense that finasteride is doing the same thing as seti - reducing the effects of PGD2 on the DP2 receptor. finasteride does this by reducing DHT, therefore reducing PGD2 and DP2 receptor activation. Seti takes a "shortcut" and just reduces DP2 receptor activation. So in theory, could this "seti" shed by the exact same thing as a "finastride" shed? (Please excuse my sloppy hypothesis)

Can someone explain me the mechanism of action of seti and fevi? :)

http://i.imgur.com/PqlrfPY.png

PqlrfPY.png

finasteride reduced PGD2 while Seti blocks the receptor that PGD2 attaches to (CRTH2 aka GPR44) so they generally work along the same pathways.

CrackABottle12345

My Regimen
Reaction score
About three months ago I took minoxidil for a month. I stopped for personal reasons, but it ruined my hair. I'm still a Norwood 1.5, but diffuse thinning (and thinning quickly might I add). Do you think the effects of the seti will combat those done by the minoxidil? Or am I screwed regardless?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About three months ago I took minoxidil for a month. I stopped for personal reasons, but it ruined my hair. I'm still a Norwood 1.5, but diffuse thinning (and thinning quickly might I add). Do you think the effects of the seti will combat those done by the minoxidil? Or am I screwed regardless?

If you quit minoxidil after 3 months dont even start. If you shed a lot, you are most likely a good responder...

CrackABottle12345

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you quit minoxidil after 3 months dont even start. If you shed a lot, you are most likely a good responder...

Slightly confused on your response. Do you mean don't even start seti, or don't even start minoxidil. I think you're misreading: I only took the minoxidil for a month, however three months after quitting my hair is still shedding.

Right now a lot of my hairs have become very thin since stopping the minoxidil. When the hairs do shed, there's a small bulb on the end (but the hairs come out rather easily (think the slightest tug)). Do you think that taking 2 g/ day of seti would fix what the minoxidil has done?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Slightly confused on your response. Do you mean don't even start seti, or don't even start minoxidil. I think you're misreading: I only took the minoxidil for a month, however three months after quitting my hair is still shedding.

Right now a lot of my hairs have become very thin since stopping the minoxidil. When the hairs do shed, there's a small bulb on the end (but the hairs come out rather easily (think the slightest tug)). Do you think that taking 2 g/ day of seti would fix what the minoxidil has done?

I was surprised that you would quit minoxidil after three months. You should have been aware about the initial shedding.

CrackABottle12345

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would actually be very curious as to what WESTONCI thinks about this. Any thoughts / suggestions? Do you think I'd be a good candidate for seti?

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those guys taking seti, it’s my 10th day, I been feeling a lot more itching since yesterday, have you guys felt any itching ?

Chimac07

My Regimen
Reaction score
4th day on 2g/day seti from lyphar. Zero sides to report

Totally different from the other seti I bought from alibaba. i was on it for 5 or so days and couldn’t take it anymore. Unable to sleep, dead grey face, lethargic the whole day, resting heart rate reached as high as 105 bpm within 1 hour of dose, and would continue for 2-3 hours. Absolute misery.

I’m just happy I can give seti a chance now. Bought 60g, will be buying more to give this a fair chance if no sides continue for another 10 days.

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SORRY PEOPLE I WOULDN'T NORMALLY CHIME IN.... there's some confusion that needs to be cleared up! people may end up taking finasteride or durasteride as an ALTERNATIVE to SETI.

Finasteride and Durasteride DO NOT lower pdg2 rather they INHIBIT 5α-Reductase to differing degrees. this enzyme prevents testosterone converting to DHT. Inhibiting 5ar and hence DHT probably MAY affect inflammation levels via pdg downstream/pathway*. It is most definitely NOT the same mechanism and it would be erroneous to suggest that finasteride or durasteride lower pdg2 directly as they do not!!...... no intention of stepping on brother westonci's toes :) kudos to him for all the hard work. good luck.

*This theory however, is not set in stone as many people get a far worse itch (inflammation) on durasteride and finasteride and lose hair that's never recovered. There is a lot of evidence that it isn't just dht that's the androgen culprit! as testosterone levels also go up in users of both these chemicals!

over and out!

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it seems nearly everyone is shedding on seti? its either the seti is suspect (no good) or perhaps rather that zenheads theory is correct? answers/suggestions on a postcard please? copied from zen-heads post above

"I'm starting to think that there could be a correlation between these two meds in the sense that finasteride is doing the same thing as seti - reducing the effects of PGD2 on the DP2 receptor. finasteride does this by reducing DHT, therefore reducing PGD2 and DP2 receptor activation. Seti takes a "shortcut" and just reduces DP2 receptor activation. So in theory, could this "seti" shed by the exact same thing as a "finastride" shed? (Please excuse my sloppy hypothesis)"