Is This What You'd Call Aggressive Balding?

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the space of 9 months. In the first pic my hair was still thick when dry. Now it's thin all over. If anyone has seen my other posts then I don't want to sound a broken record but finasteride caused me to mega shed and literally thinned every hair on my head in the space of 2 weeks, and I've never recovered

Is this aggressive balding? I'm not sure how long I was losing hair which got my to the point in the first picture, but I certainly wasn't picking hair off of my clothes on a daily basis.

Attachments

• 20181018_145446.jpg
    20181018_145446.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 466
  • 20190710_190453.jpg
    20190710_190453.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 423
  • 20190710_231835.jpg
    20190710_231835.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 460

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When people say there are no photos to back up bad reactions or that prove reflex hyperandrogenicty is a thing, then this is it. Still, those people will just say it would have progressed like that anyway.

9 months is far too quickly to be losing that amount of hair, but that's what has happened

Last edited:

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stick with it, you may have had alot of minizurization going on if say give it another 6 months and reasses. Hope you the best of luck

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not on it anymore. I dropped it a while ago. It completely fried my hair, gave me an un-bearable itch, a burning sensation down my scalp (where the hairloss is greatest). It turned my hair from black to brown where I've lost pigment, I have a massive non-stop shed, it thinned my hair all over. I have oily skin and acne outbreaks now, increased body hair, and while I was on it I was having severe panic attacks and my mood plummeted.

Nobody to blame but myself but what I and many others have experienced are not even listed as side effects, yet there are many sufferers. In studies it never sped up the rate of hairloss. Probably because those people dropped out before the trials had finished. It's a dangerous drug that has led men to suicide.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stick with it, you may have had alot of minizurization going on if say give it another 6 months and reasses. Hope you the best of luck
i listened to stupid comments like yours and my hair got worst. been on finasteride for 15 months and lost over 60% density

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wet hair is always see through, even on children, lol. Let's see your hair dry.