Is This The Start Of The Feared Male Pattern Baldness?

gingerdude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if if my feels are correct? Is this the signs of the feared male pattern baldness? Am I starting to slowly loose my luscious red locks?

Attachments

• IMG_2250.JPG
    IMG_2250.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_2251.JPG
    IMG_2251.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_2252.JPG
    IMG_2252.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_2253.JPG
    IMG_2253.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 302

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like it bro, at least you won't be a ginger anymore! ;)

Jokes aside, if you are serious about treating it, you could try finasteride and hope that maintains your hair!

gingerdude

My Regimen
Reaction score
DAMN! What stage would you say this is?

Off to the derm I guess. I'm there often enough as it is for my pansy cancer prone pale skin, now this?!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a Norwood 2.5 Not quite a 3 yet but further than a Norwood 2. You still got a pretty good head of hair, hopefully treatments will work for you, but I would act fast.

gingerdude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha I actually don't mind being a ginger, minus the sunburn.

But that agrees with where I would roughly place myself as well.

I've always had a high hairline and a massive forehead. See my kid pic attached.

I have been using the fruadin' swoop the hair to the one side for many years now. My friends even have a name for my signature hairstyle, the "ruby swoop" lol. But I think it is sneaking up higher now which is why I'm concerned.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 10.59.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 10.59.53 AM.png
    572.9 KB · Views: 273

gingerdude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright so I have started the research. It seems like the big 3 are whats recommended still? 2 I can get OTC, 1 I need a script for correct?

Can I postpone the script and just sustain on the 2 OTC ones and see where that takes me first? The side effects of the pills have me a little concerned, even though they are rare.

Here is a picture of me from 4 years ago (sunglasses) that kind of shows my hairline maybe to give some idea of progression. Like I said I've always had a huge dome.

And are these tiny hairs along my hairline in the second picture what is meant by miniaturization?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 5.24.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 5.24.15 PM.png
    537.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2258.PNG
    IMG_2258.PNG
    782.6 KB · Views: 194

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
big three= minoxidil, finasteride & ketoconazole shampoo.

out of all three, only finasteride requires a prescription

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if if my feels are correct? Is this the signs of the feared male pattern baldness? Am I starting to slowly loose my luscious red locks?
Wow, in your first photo you are a dead ringer for Robert Englund when he was your age.

gingerdude

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a new one for me. Usually I get that I look like Prince Harry or Conan O'Brien. But I can see a little resemblance.

So I'll phrase my question a little better:

Propecia is messing with my hormones, in general I try to avoid taking long term prescriptions like this. It sounds like I can stave off my hair loss with just topical Minoxidil and Keto for a few years? I would like to postpone the use of Propecia as long as possible. Or am I just being irrational and I should just get over that fear?

Honestly I don't think my hairline has changed much in many years. I've always had to put sunblock on my temples and big forehead as I haven't had hair there for as long as I can remember. People always said to me "you have really thick hair, you won't go bald, don't worry" so I never actually thought about it at all. I happened to stumble upon a Norwood chart a few days back randomly on the web. That's when it clicked... "wait my hairline looks kind of like that" and hence I ended up here. Now with research I realize that the thick hair is irrelevant entirely, so when people say that it's meaningless. Hence why I have become concerned suddenly.

gingerdude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also mini rant here.

This is some BS.

Throughout my childhood and teenage years women used to mock me for being a redhead. It wasn't until I hit young adulthood that I FINALLY started getting some damn admiration for it from the opposite gender. So I'm finally able to have confidence and accept my ginger locks.

And OF COURSE now I'm likely slowly going bald. F**k man! Never get a break.

Rant off.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you? You still have a good head of hair at the moment & finasteride might help you maintain that.

Honestly, I feel like ginger men aren't destined for longevity with regards to their red hair. It's rare to see a 40-yr-old red head as they tend to bald or grey prematurely.

Last edited:

gingerdude

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 27.

Right and unfortunately the ginger curse never goes completely away. Even if you are blessed to have a full head of hair like my grandpa on my father's side. It's just grey with an obvious shade of pink mixed in. It's more like very light pink hair.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 27.

Right and unfortunately the ginger curse never goes completely away. Even if you are blessed to have a full head of hair like my grandpa on my father's side. It's just grey with an obvious shade of pink mixed in. It's more like very light pink hair.
You're doing well then. Most my red haired friends from school who are around 25yrs old are fully shaved due to recession.

gingerdude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm glad to hear that at least.

I'm getting Rogaine and Nizoral asap. I'll talk with the derm next time I'm in for my bi annual skin cancer check for the prescription meds.

William Campbell

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you're balding, but it doesn't matter. You're a ginger, anyway.

Prince William's brother is a ginger and he's balding as well. Just grow out a beard like him and hit the gym.