Is This sh*t For Real ?! ( Dr Juan Couto)

Amonrah

My Regimen
I was browsing YouTube for some before and after FUE videos and came across a channel called FUExpered. Never seen results this good. It looks like the guy is wearing a very high quality hair piece. It's done by Dr Juan Couto, anyone heard of this guy? Is this even possible ?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
That's actually too many grafts for an area with that level of baldness. A good Doctor can provide that coverage with 1500-2000 grafts.

jedd999

My Regimen
Their results are amazing, but it is not easy to get a hair transplant there, long queue

dogman

My Regimen
5 euro a graft, worth it if youve got the money I guess

realistically though, the time over the past 4 years I've spent worrying/researching ways to cure my NW2.5 I could have just worked a second job and got a 20k transplant lol...

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
That's actually too many grafts for an area with that level of baldness. A good Doctor can provide that coverage with 1500-2000 grafts.
Is Hair of Istanbul worthwhile in your opinion?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Is Hair of Istanbul worthwhile in your opinion?
No idea about that one, but Turkey is a hit and miss. Good doctors in Turkey that come to mind are Demirsoy, Yaman, Cinik, and Tayfun. There are a few others. I wouldn't recommend Turkey unless you do your research really well.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
No idea about that one, but Turkey is a hit and miss. Good doctors in Turkey that come to mind are Demirsoy, Yaman, Cinik, and Tayfun. There are a few others. I wouldn't recommend Turkey unless you do your research really well.
I appreciate that man. I'm trying to get my life together by solving my biggest burden. However, I definitely don't want anything to regret on top of hair loss. In the ideal scenario, I would prefer to go to Dr.Diep; not keen on purchasing a new vehicle though. I've already had 500$ deposit taken from me in Tijuana, Mexico with poor research.

Last edited:

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
I appreciate that man. I'm trying to get my life together by solving my biggest burden. However, I definitely don't want anything to regret on top of hair loss. In the ideal scenario, I would prefer to go to Dr.Diep; not keen on purchasing a new vehicle though. I've already had 500$ deposit taken from me in Tijuana, Mexico with poor research.
‘Hair restoration network’ is the best website to get genuine advice from people on hair transplants. One of the admins there, Melvin, had a very successful transplant with Dr. Diep.

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Dont you wish a result can be this good? Dr Cuoto seems to be consistent. Wish i can turn back time. My scalp was harmed big time.

Raphael84

My Regimen
Dr Couto is a very reputable Doctor achieving great results.
The comment regarding that result could be achieved with 1500 - 2000 grafts is unfortunately inaccurate. Look at the density of the result. It is math. Surface area x density cm2 = xxx
For a patient with a lower natural density could cover the same area with less grafts, but this patients existing density appears high. Therefore to ensure that the transplant is natural and undetectable, a high density result must be achieved, meaning more grafts.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Indeed amazing and if possible i try to get a slot with this guy. Great would be in two years time but apparently He is fully booked for the next five years

Anyone a slot he wants to give up :)

Trauma

My Regimen
I saw Dr Couto's work in the past on their YouTube and Instagram. He is one of the best out there hands down. But keep in mind two things, with him and with mostly any hair surgeon on social media.

1. They [usually] only post up the most successful outcomes, for obvious reasons. By choosing the candidate patients to present on their pages with the best hair density and donor to achieve the most natural and best looking results.

2. The people they choose normally use finasteride/dutasteride and/or other DHT inhibitors, potentially for years. If you look at the majority of Dr. Couto's work, you will see in the descriptions at the beginning of the videos that almost every patient has been using finasteride for at least a year or more. Nothing wrong with that but these people will have the best donors usually.

With all that said, I still stand by the fact that Dr. Couto truly is one of the best ones I've seen out there. But yeah, 3-5 year waiting time. By then we'll hopefully have hair cloning (doubtful) or a very potent treatment with minimal to no side effects.

dogman

My Regimen
I've booked an assessment for late 2020, they said the surgery would realistically be around 12 months after that... so not quite 5 years but not 'soon' either.

See what happens between now and 2021 I suppose, if nothing comes out I'll bite the bullet pay the premium.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
He is without doubt a talented doctor but I haven't seen a single patient of Couto documenting their experience on the forums which seems kind of odd considering his notoriety.

Last edited:

whatintheworld

This result is to be expected, this guy has excellent donor and his hairstyle is brushed forward, giving the illusion of more density. Nothing noteworthy to say about the surgeon working miracles here.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Ye I saw this video, looks very good. Dr Couto is one of the best. But to be fair I saw not a few results of other surgeons with the same or even better quality than this. It's simple, the surgeon always show his best cases. The key is not to look on a 2 or 3 cases, but to research over lots of cases, preferrably posted by patients themselves, and to look for consistency. Dont expect the average case look that's amazing, but it should look pretty good for top surgeon.
@norwood 11 out of curiosity, who are the 5 best surgeons you thought of? And also, you serious what you said about Dr Lorenzo? where did you get that info? Im planning on getting hair transplant soon and he is on my list, but if what you say is true I reconsider it.

Also, can someone explain me what the point of this long *** waiting list of Dr Couto? who the hell can set a date for 3,4,5 years ahead? I have no idea what will happen, how hairloss progress and so on. And also it means I need to pass those years as balding, and the whole point is to have my hair back in my younger years (relative).

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Lorenzo, couto, Erdogan, Bisagna, Umar. Those Canadian guys for FUT, I forget names.
All these guys won’t scam u cause they don’t have to. They use excellent punches and they know their stuff (such as nutrients given to support the new blood network created with new follicles etc). They also provide a nice experience (clinic, stay, food, behavior). Lorenzo was gonna take a break even retire and some young apprentice woman will take over, I know this for fact don’t wanna say more but it shouldn’t worry you. She’s excellent. Also don’t look at pics and videos to judge for success of follicles and density. Transplants have only one variable and that is illusion. If the Doctor can create a great illusion, it’s a win. Take 15000 grafts, if the Doctor is an idiot, your end result will look trash. The waiting lists are real and serve to inform you that many people decided this before you. You give your info and if some of them get cancelled, your waiting gets reduced. Billion dollars industry my friend :)
I see. Still sounds weird to me to schedule this operation so far in the future.
I guess you need to pay some amount to schedule? I wonder if they sometimes give back if you cancel.

pegasus2

My Regimen
I wish I had just done this and jumped on finasteride when I still had good density on top. Guys, don't wait for something better. Get a freaking hair transplant today if it will fix you.