Is This Proof male pattern baldness Isn't Entirely To Do With Androgens?

resu

Reaction score
Have you looked at Jet Li recently? He's suffering from hyperthyroidism.

86kcYkP.png

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
The body tends to only up regulate them in certain tissues however, which is why it is not just as easy to build muscle mass when you are 60 vs. 20 but you are more likely to suffer from male pattern baldness and prostate issues. The body tends to upregulate the ARs in these tissues and the question is WHY? I do not think we have the exact answer but it could be in response to inflammation, it is the body's way of cooling the inflammation down through the hormone pathway but eventually something goes awry with this causing increased inflammation, oxidative stress and cell proliferation/stimulation and fibrosis.

So DHT is a response to inflammation ? I was under the impression that DHT led to inflammation ?

If this is the case then surely large doses of Seti/Fevi could prove as long term maintenance for life. However what could long term problems consist of by suppressing inflammation - surely it too has its purpose ?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
So DHT is a response to inflammation ? I was under the impression that DHT led to inflammation ?

If this is the case then surely large doses of Seti/Fevi could prove as long term maintenance for life. However what could long term problems consist of by suppressing inflammation - surely it too has its purpose ?

Yes, DHT is an anti-inflammatory however something causes it to be inflammatory in scalp tissue. Some have suggested in a hypoxic environment (no oxygen/blood flow) it may become inflammatory (which supports that the scalp changes which causes the DHT problem). We are also speaking of usually MICRO inflammation, which is why your scalp is not burning/sore/painful though there are reports of itching and burning (I only got this sensation when using Minoxidil liquid).

Inflammatory chemicals play numerous roles other than just being BAD (like immune reactions, creating tissues and healing wounds). So you certainly would not want to inhibit these things fully.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This basically nullifies all of our rights’ to be sad. Started losing my hair at 15 and now even I feel like an a**h**.

There is always someone worse off. Another person's suffering does not diminish your own.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is always someone worse off. Another person's suffering does not diminish your own.

This is very true but we also need to put male hair loss in perspective. It is SO common. It is not a death sentence like so many people make it out to be on here.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
It¨s not common to be hit by it in your teens/20s man.

No but it is for late 20s and beyond. There are treatments and concealers as well. This is not leprosy or like having Kaposi Sarcoma in the early 80s. It is normal. Relatively treatable and can be concealed especially with having some hair.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No but it is for late 20s and beyond. There are treatments and concealers as well. This is not leprosy or like having Kaposi Sarcoma in the early 80s. It is normal. Relatively treatable and can be concealed especially with having some hair.

Mate you are 30 years old and your hair hasn't changed for 16 years (why are you on the forum exactly?), you just can't understand.

Losing your hair from age 17 is absolutely brutal. No concealer is gonna give you a hairline. If finasteride gives you sexual sides as it does for me it's basically impossible to do anything.

No male pattern baldness is not enough reason to hang yourself, but the fact that someone else has an even worse disease doesn't matter one bit.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate you are 30 years old and your hair hasn't changed for 16 years (why are you on the forum exactly?), you just can't understand.

Losing your hair from age 17 is absolutely brutal. No concealer is gonna give you a hairline. If finasteride gives you sexual sides as it does for me it's basically impossible to do anything.

No male pattern baldness is not enough reason to hang yourself, but the fact that someone else has an even worse disease doesn't matter one bit.

So my hair has changed which is why I am here.

I am not going to convince you not to feel sorry for yourself. That is your right and healthy. But you are only comparing yourself to people that are making you feel bad as opposed to having a well rounded view. When you have a well rounded and true view of your situation you realize, yes I have a problem but this problem is not that big. Yes I will try to fix this problem but I have a problem with SOLUTIONS. You are just stuck on, 'Yes I have this problem'.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So my hair has changed which is why I am here.

I am not going to convince you not to feel sorry for yourself. That is your right and healthy. But you are only comparing yourself to people that are making you feel bad as opposed to having a well rounded view. When you have a well rounded and true view of your situation you realize, yes I have a problem but this problem is not that big. Yes I will try to fix this problem but I have a problem with SOLUTIONS. You are just stuck on, 'Yes I have this problem'.

And I'm telling you it's one of those things you just can't understand if you haven't gone through it. Yes for you at 30 with minor loss It's not a big problem, but it's not really comparable.

Please do tell what the solution is. I have put in crazy effort to try and find it myself.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I'm telling you it's one of those things you just can't understand if you haven't gone through it. Yes for you at 30 with minor loss It's not a big problem, but it's not really comparable.

Please do tell what the solution is. I have put in crazy effort to try and find it myself.

I was 19 when I first had thinning of the crown, thankfully Minoxidil worked for me.

I understand this is traumatic and very scary, I am not discounting this or your right to feel bad, scared and worried as this unalterably changes your appearance.

Why not make a thread about what you have done, for how long and post pictures so we can all try to give you ideas?

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"I would like to thank all my fans who expressed concerns about my health," Li posted on facebook, along with a few photos of himself.
"I'm doing great and feeling great! I'm excited to share with you all a few projects I am working on in the near future. For now, thank you all for your concerns!"

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah we have alway

I dont know very many balding girls at 40+. In fact most women I see at 40+ have nearly all their hair they had at 22. Certainly not the case for most men. I dont know a lot of things different between men and women other than genes and hormones.
We need to just find the lowest level pathway that influences or sets off the chain reaction farther up. I dont know if androgens is the right one or is it the WNT pathway or hedgehog gene, or PGD2? One pathway is going to end up significantly more important than the others, and that is the head we need to cut off the hydra for male pattern baldness. Cutting off a leg isnt going to do much if anything, and right now we are in the dark swinging our sword at anything that moves.
I dont see male pattern baldness being cured in the next 20 years because we dont know nearly enough about anything involved. Our only chance is something like the new way drug ends up finding some critical protein by accident that is a huge player in male pattern baldness and alone causes massive regrowth. I dont think its likely.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah we have alway

I dont know very many balding girls at 40+. In fact most women I see at 40+ have nearly all their hair they had at 22. Certainly not the case for most men. I dont know a lot of things different between men and women other than genes and hormones.
We need to just find the lowest level pathway that influences or sets off the chain reaction farther up. I dont know if androgens is the right one or is it the WNT pathway or hedgehog gene, or PGD2? One pathway is going to end up significantly more important than the others, and that is the head we need to cut off the hydra for male pattern baldness. Cutting off a leg isnt going to do much if anything, and right now we are in the dark swinging our sword at anything that moves.
I dont see male pattern baldness being cured in the next 20 years because we dont know nearly enough about anything involved. Our only chance is something like the new way drug ends up finding some critical protein by accident that is a huge player in male pattern baldness and alone causes massive regrowth. I dont think its likely.

There is a difference in hormones also in muscular/structural/bone development. The scalp definitely changes when one balds. Wish there could be more research into that too.

M.Piep

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a picture of an 8 year old boy who has a genetic disease which causes premature aging similar to but not as severe as Progeria. As you can see he is a NW3 and he clearly has no androgens in his body.. If he has receded to NW3 without androgens then I wonder what else is causing his hair to recede.. Share your thoughts guys!

For those interested, the pic is from a video called: The curious case of my face: Children living with rapid aging of the skin.
I'm inexperienced so I don't know some of the stuff you just said.... but I did notice that last part. I personally have experienced hair growth above my temples and currently at my lowest hairline (the windows peak) on both right and left sides, especially when I have topical 5% minoxidil applied at the time of electronic massage, so there's some truth to your claim, although I thought it was increased blow flow that is responsible for the new hair growth, not that scalp stuff you were talking about that I don't understand.
There rings truth. I did and studied professional massage, kinesiology and owned and operated my own gym as well as being a personal trainer. We did full body massage, scalp to reflexology, employing different techniques. We did sports injury massage therapy also. Massage is a relaxing form of passive exercise. It would increase circulation ie nutrients and oxygen to the injury site and facilitate quicker removal of toxins and redundant cells. Leading to quicker healing and engorged rather than atrophied muscles that would cushion the injury.
>>>Light fingertip percussion scalp massage would move into Shiatzu massage and culminate in relaxing Swedish scalp massage. The clients would feel both invigorated and relaxed and spoke of a pleasant tingling in their scalp. Regular clients allowed pulse monitoring. I noted a significant increase in heart rate during percussion massage and a decrease in heart rate during wind down Swedish massage. Those that were follicly challenged had an obvious flush of increased circulation to their scalp. I would therefore conclude that self or buddy/sweetheart scalp massage couldn't hurt and possibly help in combination with other therapies by encouraging capillary circulation support.

M.Piep

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But that's a very treatable condition.

In fact, many people live without thyroids from thyroid cancer.
There are 3 things you can count on as you get older: 1rst Your body goes, 2nd your mind goes, and I forget what the third thing is.