Is This Already Norwood 3 Or "only" Norwood 2?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Incredible recovery. Nw3 to nw1.
Yet another mark against the 'just wait and see' crowd. Hop on now, not later.
Yeah definitely don't wait but I'm not a NW1. The density is just high and my hair texture also helps. When I pull my hair back I'm still clearly at a NW2. But yeah the density has definitely skyrocketed.

Last edited:

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just read all of this.

Have you tried shorter haircuts? My hair is at a very similar point to yours(same age too)and I used to have the same hairstyle. It was honestly the most annoying thing ever to try and comb it over and hide the recession, constantly “fix” it etc. Keep in mind I had this hairstyle since like 14yrs old.

2 months in finasteride, I went shorter. 2 on the sides and about 2/3 inches on top. Best decision I made in my life, its still a “combover” but like a classy one you’d see in the work office. Yea you could see the recession on one side but it looks normal. Can’t stress enough how good of a decision it was.
Hey, can you send me some pictures of what you mean so i can get an idea?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So guys I'm not that active anymore as I'm basically cured for now. There is no reason to stay here. My hair is still getting thicker, the recession is still becoming less and less (because yes, there is still some and will always stay there it's just not noticeable and relatively small anyway), the hairline gets lower and so on. It's safe to say I'm a super responder. Here is a update. Hair isn't even styled or washed for 4-5 days now. There are even hairs in front of the hairline now. So yeah I'm satisfied.

Attachments

• 20201102_173434.jpg
    20201102_173434.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 20201102_214527.jpg
    20201102_214527.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 319

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So guys I'm not that active anymore as I'm basically cured for now. There is no reason to stay here. My hair is still getting thicker, the recession is still becoming less and less (because yes, there is still some and will always stay there it's just not noticeable and relatively small anyway), the hairline gets lower and so on. It's safe to say I'm a super responder. Here is a update. Hair isn't even styled or washed for 4-5 days now. There are even hairs in front of the hairline now. So yeah I'm satisfied.

Awesome news man. It’s good that there’s a success story. You should add a thread to the success story section with your before and after

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So here are some pictures with very wet hair that is combed back. Still clearly not a NW1 but it is noticeable better compared to last year where I was basically a NW3. And there is still new hair sprouting that is in the process of growing. In addition the density has made the biggest jump.

So if I have one advice.. don't hesitate to start treatments. Especially Finasteride. I had literally not one side effect. Minoxidil is very important too. They really do work in synergy. Don't. Fuckin. Wait.

The last two pics were taken in April.

Attachments

• 20201104_233524.jpg
    20201104_233524.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 337
  • 20201104_233456.jpg
    20201104_233456.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 354
  • 20201104_233600.jpg
    20201104_233600.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 20201104_234709.jpg
    20201104_234709.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 333
  • 20201104_234654.jpg
    20201104_234654.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 374

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So here are some pictures with very wet hair that is combed back. Still clearly not a NW1 but it is noticeable better compared to last year where I was basically a NW3. And there is still new hair sprouting that is in the process of growing. In addition the density has made the biggest jump.

So if I have one advice.. don't hesitate to start treatments. Especially Finasteride. I had literally not one side effect. Minoxidil is very important too. They really do work in synergy. Don't. Fuckin. Wait.

honestly niki, with your other pictures i thought you were misleading people and were frauding camera angles to make your results look better than they were. But this looks like a big improvement. One of the reasons i doubted you is because you werent posting pictures where your hair is slicked back properly and not from the same angles. These are very good results!

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly niki, with your other pictures i thought you were misleading people and were frauding camera angles to make your results look better than they were. But this looks like a big improvement. One of the reasons i doubted you is because you werent posting pictures where your hair is slicked back properly and not from the same angles. These are very good results!
Thank you my man i realized that and that's why I wanted to provide pictures with slicked back hair. I always said that it is not NW1 tho and I don't think it ever will be but I'm very happy with the results. With the density I have I can pretty much fraud a NW0 so it's good that way. Also it's still getting better. I'm not even 8 months on finasteride yet and even less time on Minoxidil. If I get worse in the next two decades I will get a transplant and I think I'm good for a relatively long time.

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had an eye on this thread, and I have no words. Your hair regrowth is one of the most miraculous cases I’ve ever seen. Some people really are hyper responders, you’re safely in NW2 territory and it sounds like new hair is still coming in. You’re in striking distance of NW1 and you might get there with a little more time or slightly more aggressive therapy (dermarolling or dermapen). Best of luck to you and your hair. @Niki99

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

No eye related side effects from minoxidil like dark under eye circles?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No eye related side effects from minoxidil like dark under eye circles?
No nothing. I literally feel the same as I did before treatment. People still think I'm 17 to 19 max when I'm in fact close to 22.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Broooo congrats on the success! You were heading down a bad path in the upcoming year or so..

Given your early results, from what I’ve seen, you may stay above baseline for many years. And even if you start to slowly lose ground at some point, it may take years of losing it to even get back to your baseline.

lonelypanda

My Regimen
Reaction score
No nothing. I literally feel the same as I did before treatment. People still think I'm 17 to 19 max when I'm in fact close to 22.
Hey man, how much min do you use per daily application? Do you use it in the evening? Dry scalp or wet? Foam or liquid?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, how much min do you use per daily application? Do you use it in the evening? Dry scalp or wet? Foam or liquid?
I use it once a day in the morning. I use the foam and just go with my feeling on how much I apply. I apply it directly. Only on the temples. Then I massage it in for a minute or so. Most of the times my scalp is dry. Hope that clears things up for you. I don't do anything special tbh.