Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Case for Worry

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
First off: There is no such thing as a "mature hairline" it's straight up bullshit.

You definitely have male pattern baldness.

Finasteride, ASAP
No one said a mature hairline wasn't male pattern baldness, calm down hero. It's called a mature hairline because tons of men recede to that hairline in their early 20s and stay there for many many years. Don't tell me that's bullsbjt because a simple google search of men with this life long case is obvius. Just because you probably have advanced balding doesn't mean you can drag everyone down into your worthless hole you call a life.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say you've got a perfect hairline, but so far you don't have male pattern baldness . Save these pics and compare them to the new ones that you're going to take in 5-6 months, then post again.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
People that are saying this isn't male pattern baldness; are you even looking at his pictures? His first pictures looks normal, then you go the next ones and the recession and miniaturizing hairs are quite obvious. He's on the path to a Norwood 3.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont listen to these noobs tellin you you dont have hairloss, unfortunatly ur past mature hairline i see where your highest forehead wrinkle is and i doubt your hair was always like that, the good news is the hairline is still strong and it might be ten years before it really creeps back but i cant tell the future

jellyfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont listen to these noobs tellin you you dont have hairloss, unfortunatly ur past mature hairline i see where your highest forehead wrinkle is and i doubt your hair was always like that, the good news is the hairline is still strong and it might be ten years before it really creeps back but i cant tell the future
I hope it stays how it is for a while! I really like the new styles I can do with it receded a tiny bit. I just scheduled an appointment with a dermatologist, so I should be able to see if treatment is necessary soon. I want to at least grow it out as much as I can, and if it continues to recede I'll donate my locks to charity. I've honestly been blessed to have a stable and healthy hairline so far for 20 years :)

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So many people don't know wtf they're talking about here look at the chart how tf is he heading toward a nw3? He's not even a nw2. His hairline has always been widow peak I can tell, it looks like it receded half an inch in the corners. So you're saying each Norwood level is what? A quarter inch? You guys know nothing lmao.

Attachments

• IMG_1142.PNG
    IMG_1142.PNG
    142.7 KB · Views: 522

jellyfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
So many people don't know wtf they're talking about here look at the chart how tf is he heading toward a nw3? He's not even a nw2. His hairline has always been widow peak I can tell, it looks like it receded half an inch in the corners. So you're saying each Norwood level is what? A quarter inch? You guys know nothing lmao.
Also I should note - my hairline has looked like this for the past year at least, this wasn't a sudden change or anything, it just looked more drastic since I started growing my hair out long! No shedding or anything. I just wanted to see if it looked urgent. I really appreciate your input Crystal, it's helping my anxiety about it so much!

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I should note - my hairline has looked like this for the past year at least, this wasn't a sudden change or anything, it just looked more drastic since I started growing my hair out long! No shedding or anything. I just wanted to see if it looked urgent. I really appreciate your input Crystal, it's helping my anxiety about it so much!
I'm just calling it how I see it. My hairlines slightly higher than yours, same look though. It looked like yours before I had any hairloss and 3 doctors told me I'm a Norwood 2

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
His temple points/triangles are completely gone at the age of 20! I don´t see how this can still be considered "maturing". But his thickness is insane.......:eek:

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm simply shocked of how some people still that ignorant here when they've been here for years or so.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm simply shocked of how some people still that ignorant here when they've been here for years or so.

No, you just don't know what you're talking about. Guy has male pattern baldness; his hairline is clearly past the point of a "mature hairline."

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because he shaves his side burns and leave his temple point hair really long allowing them to be long enough to be pulled it makes them look way worse than they are. If he got a fade with a combover no one would even suspect he had anything wrong. That's a mature hairline. Look at Ryan Renalds, he lost his temple points a while ago and still has a full head. Look at David Beckham

Tristan Crawford

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest I feel like you and I are st the same point.. you have a more point and I am more classic Norwood 2.. but we both are probably safe for now. That's only why I'm considering finasteride now, so that I atleast keep what I have.. cha feel?

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! I'm 20 years old. I have very, VERY thick hair. It's difficult to even trim. I've just began to grow it out 5 months ago, however I noticed some recession at my temples. I've had a mild widows peak shaped hairline for a very long time so I believe it looks more pronounced than other people's cases. Any thoughts on if this is just a mature hairline or if it's well into male pattern baldness? I've been really anxious the past few days and have been too stressed to get out lately.

This was a difficult call for me to make. I very rarely see temples as high as yours on mature hairlines, but there is room for a lot of variety when it comes to hairlines. It could be that your long hair makes it look worse than it actually is. I don't see any thinning, and the hairline that you do have looks stable for the time being. I personally don't have much confidence that you will keep your hair in the long run, but who knows, you might be like Bill Paxton. It's possible to be born with huge temples, and keep the rest for a long time.
IMG_3749.JPG
Good luck.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like others here personally I do not believe in the "mature hairline". It's just too convenient to think that hormones start attacking your follicles and then just stop once you're at this point of graceful recession. It might take 1 year for you to get there or it might take 300, but I believe that male pattern baldness is a 1 way street

It's difficult to say from those pics but you may be in the early stages of male pattern baldness. If you get on finasteride now you have a good chance of remaining a fullhead for the next 10-20+ years

g.i joey

Reaction score
Ur the textbook example of someone who will continue to lose his temples but will always have some kind of density to work with. Even if you hit deep nw3, with density like that no one will bat an eye. I also think your hairloss will be slow if you even are experiencing any at all. I have friends who receded as you did but still have A1 density up top, night and day difference between what you guys have and what someone with a diffuse nw2-3 would have.

Op if there's anything you should look out for its hairline thinning and crown thinning, aside from that I wouldn't worry too much RIGHT NOW, things could always go south quick so just keep an eye on it man.

jellyfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shoot, the replies are really 50/50...I kind of agree with both. My hairline is straight up strange: I've always had a widows peak and higher set temples, but it's definitely a bit more pronounced now then 4 years ago. However, the length of my hair, which reaches the bottom of my chin, has made it way more pronounced and definitely makes it look worse than it is. That's how I noticed it. I also need professional help to spot thinning because I have crazy thick korean hair. I do like my hairline currently though! It's basically like these guys:

Attachments

• IMG_4277.PNG
    IMG_4277.PNG
    426.8 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_4278.JPG
    IMG_4278.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 263

jellyfish

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's more shots that might show how it looks naturally better.(?) I only pulled the sides back. Maybe a more realistic angle, rather than pulling my super long front hair back?

Attachments

• IMG_4279.JPG
    IMG_4279.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 816
  • IMG_4280.JPG
    IMG_4280.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 749

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! I'm 20 years old. I have very, VERY thick hair. It's difficult to even trim. I've just began to grow it out 5 months ago, however I noticed some recession at my temples. I've had a mild widows peak shaped hairline for a very long time so I believe it looks more pronounced than other people's cases. Any thoughts on if this is just a mature hairline or if it's well into male pattern baldness? I've been really anxious the past few days and have been too stressed to get out lately.

It's irrelevant how thick hair do you have. I had thickest dark hair in my teens with widow peak like yours. A few years forward I am rotting NW3.5 with diffusing on top. Early 20-s are very dangerous for balding. If you have any recession it means you ARE balding.

Give it some thought and check nearest pharms for finasteride just in case.